Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2009, 08:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I am so grateful we do not have overly religion maniacs in office.
What country do you live in? Must not be the United States.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 08:26 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What country do you live in? Must not be the United States.
Eh....good point.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:11 PM

1,638 posts, read 3,638,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post

Youi can hate Blacks, Whites, Asians, Gays, etc. I couldn't care less who you chose to hate.
We are here talking about basic rights that are denied to a certain group because of this hate. Just like slavery was. Nobody gives a fluying crap abolut who you personally hate.
What other opinion is there to entertain? Shoulda asked the M.L. King what he thought about the "other opinion". That's what they were fighting. There's no other opinion.
But I know, you don't get that.
Hate who you want, but butt out of other people's life. I thought that's what Republicans/Conservatives stand for? The hypocrisy is so obvoious, it's not even funny.
1. Where in that post (or any of my posts) did I claim a hatred or dislike of homosexuals? You seem to be putting words in my mouth.

2. Read a bit of history. Slavery had nothing to do with "hatred". I assume you believe the American Civil War was about slavery as well. In any event, forced human labor was on its way out in both the South and the North eventually, due to the effects of industrialization.

3. Martin Luther King has little to do with the gay marriage debate. Actually, he likely would have been against it as he claimed himself to be quite a devout Protestant, but I place little credence in the opinions of crypto-Marxists.

4. I wouldn't know what they stand for, as I'm not a Republican. I'm conservative on certain issues, yes.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:18 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I was going to make a response to you, but this guy already said it all.

Its all about the kids.

So married people with no children deserve no tax breaks? Homosexual couples have children also you know? Who the hell are you to decide what is and isn't valuable to society? You know whats not valuable? treating people unequally. Telling people they can't visit their partner in the hospital, cant inherit things from them, can't share their insurance.

You are too controlled in your thinking.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:19 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,572,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
So married people with no children deserve no tax breaks? Homosexual couples have children also you know? Who the hell are you to decide what is and isn't valuable to society? You know whats not valuable? treating people unequally. Telling people they can't visit their partner in the hospital, cant inherit things from them, can't share their insurance.

You are too controlled in your thinking.

You are 100 percent right on as always.

Truth is there is NO LOGIC or GOOD REASONING behind banning gay marriage. None whatsoever.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
People who don't believe in God cannot be married in the true meaning of marriage for to make the commitment in the manner I described requires both a belief in God and the presence of God during the ceremony. Anything less and you're just playing house. It's really that strait forward.

To you maybe but not everyone. Don't force your religion on people. They don't force thinking on you.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
They commit to one another and to God and in doing so become one. And that commitment is until death. The sacrament of Marriage was created by God primarily for propagation and to provide the means to educate and rear children.

then how come people married in church get divorced? mistreat children? cheat on their spouses? I already know your response so don't bother just pointing out hypocrisy. Believing in god does not make you a good parent by any means.

Old 12-06-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
Marriage is only supposed to be between a man and a woman.

says who???? you?

Old 12-06-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
No, if gay couples are raising children then they deserve all the help and assistance we can give them, no different then the benefits accorded to any couple that adopts a child.

ok but you are the one who question many gays raising children. Ps gay women still often have their own baby

Old 12-06-2009, 09:37 PM

164 posts, read 298,425 times
I feel strongly on this issue. I'll just get it out of the way and say I believe in the bible. However I
wouldn't ban gay marrage. I will love thy neighbor whether he/she gay or not. I disapprove, but it is not my place to judge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies