Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 03:03 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Something doesn't add up, here. You've posted numerous times about how same-sex marriage is wrong and bad for children, giving the impression that you think the laws should be very involved in regulating marriage.
What doesn't add up about it? I am opposed to same-sex marriage on the grounds that I think it is bad for society. I don't hate homosexuality, I understand that to a large degree it is unavoidable. I just don't see any good coming out of allowing gay marriage. And you can talk to me about fairness and how let people just live and be happy.

I also don't support amnesty for illegal immigrants. Not because I hate illegal immigrants, I just think illegal immigrants(and to a large degree all immigrants) are bad for society.

The thing is, I understand that other people don't agree with me, and thats fine. I do not want to push my agenda on everyone else. If massachusetts wants to allow gay marriage in Massachusetts I believe they should have that right, but I don't believe Texas should have to recognize that marriage, nor should Texas be required to allow the marriage of same-sex couples in its state, since obviously the vast majority of Texans do not approve.

I believe that states should have sovereignty in almost all of their affairs. If you don't like how Texas is doing something, you should go somewhere that is more condusive to your beliefs. The idea that California and New York can force Texas to be the way they want it to be, is a ridiculous notion, and vice versa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2009, 03:04 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
A general election between Obama and Paul would be a no-brainer. Why vote for pro-war ObamaBush when you have a pro-liberty advocate? The RINO neo-cons would still tow the party line (esp after 4 years of Obama) and the liberals would salivate over the idea of real peace.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:05 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpresley View Post
Haha I gotta say I hate most of your posts because you are as far left as it gets but I also love Ron Paul. Man this guy has supporters from every party and every walk of life. Why isn't he more well known?
Good question.

I often wonder myself. How come a lot of people don't know about him? He has people behind him from both parties, all races, religions.

And as far left as it gets? I am for death penalty and anti illegal immigration and self responsibility. I do have a conservative side to me but mostly fall to the liberal side.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Where were you guys in 2008 ?

And Ron Paul has submitted bills to limit terms..several times over the years.

Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-06-2009, 03:11 PM

643 posts, read 1,393,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Good question.

I often wonder myself. How come a lot of people don't know about him? He has people behind him from both parties, all races, religions.

And as far left as it gets? I am for death penalty and anti illegal immigration and self responsibility. I do have a conservative side to me but mostly fall to the liberal side.
Lol just gotta say you are my opposite then which makes it worse. I side with the libs on immigration. If Ron Paul is on the ballet in 2012 he is getting my vote

Old 12-06-2009, 03:14 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,700 times
Have posted this video several times, here it is again.

"Al Quaida is growing because of our policies" The man speaks up and O`Reilly is not liking it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JPvbVsDdY

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Why isn't he more well known?
The media shuns him and shunned him when he campaigned in 2008.
He led a real grassroots campaign and didn't spew promises he couldn't or wouldn't keep. Actually got a good number of votes in the primary but sadly not enough to beat McCain.

20,054 posts, read 18,282,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Where were you guys in 2008 ?

And Ron Paul has submitted bills to limit terms..several times over the years.

Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ron who? Oh smack, is that a new clip of Angelina Jolie? Time to head over to Wal-Mart and get me a 50 cent CD, then stop over at MacD's for fries and a coke. Just keep me fat and dumb plus give me some free money and healthcare, and I won't complain about ObamaBush or whoever's in charge!

Old 12-06-2009, 03:16 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Lol just gotta say you are my opposite then which makes it worse. I side with the libs on immigration. If Ron Paul is on the ballet in 2012 he is getting my vote
Seems like we are opposites of each other opposites.

Weird combo, huh?

But I have to ask. I admit I am curious.....how or why are you for illegal immigration? Thanks.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:23 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Seems like we are opposites of each other opposites.

Weird combo, huh?

But I have to ask. I admit I am curious.....how or why are you for illegal immigration? Thanks.
Political positions of Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ron Paul is not for illegal immigration.

Quote:
Paul's positions on legal and illegal immigration sometimes differ with libertarian think tanks and the official platform of the U.S. Libertarian Party. He believes illegal aliens take a toll on welfare and Social Security and would end such benefits, concerned that uncontrolled immigration makes the U.S. a magnet for illegal aliens, increases welfare payments, and exacerbates the strain on an already highly unbalanced federal budget.
Quote:
Paul also believes children born in the U.S. to illegal aliens should not be granted automatic birthright citizenship. He has called for a new Constitutional amendment to revise fourteenth amendment principles and "end automatic birthright citizenship," and believes that welfare issues are directly tied to the illegal immigration problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies