Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 01:29 PM

403 posts, read 534,028 times

Advertisements

i'm black & i wouldve supported & voted for ron paul if i wasnt so caught up with the democrat vs republican nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 02:01 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times
Paul was barred from the Republican Jewish Coalition’s Candidate’s Forum in 2007 due to his stance against providing further foreign aid to Israel. The US gives 3 Billion Dollars to Israel a year ($1.2 billion in economic aid and $1.8 billion in military aid.)

AT an event on September 11, 2007 at Johns Hopkins’ School of Advanced International Studies, Paul argued for withdrawing from the Middle East, telling his audience that “Israel is quite capable of taking care of itself”.

Paul’s position towards Israel is not anti-Jewish. There were Ron Paul supporters called Zionists for Ron Paul - a group run by American expatriates now living as religious settlers in the West Bank who wish to terminate Israel's dependence on the US.

You will get all different types of groups that will support a candidate for different reasons - who otherwise have nothing in common.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:06 PM

844 posts, read 1,278,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
How does he support anti-semetic groups?
I think you don`t get that the right does not necessary support him.
I am just against people like Don Black like you are but I still doubt that Ron Paul supports them.
Did you read what I said? I said Rupert Murdoch DOESNT support anti semetic groups.

As for Ron Paul, Im afraid you are going to have to keep up with the last few posts. Besides the picture, I also cited his receipt of campaign donations and and endorsement of SF's "vote Ron Paul" campaign on their website.

Truth is truth. Ive given direct evidence that he does support them. Unless you have something of equal weight (non conjecture), I dont see any counter to the claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin
You mean Don Black's $500 donation to Paul's campaign and Stormfront's support of Paul in Presidential run.

White supremacists supported Paul because of the war in Iraq. The war in Iraq is seen by Stormfront to be a war on behalf of Israel.

Ron Paul has spoken about Israel’s influence on our foreign policy in Iraq etc. Paul's stance is based on the Constitution and our Founders warning against foreign entanglements.

The Stormfront’s opposition to the Iraq War and our foreign aid to Israel is based on hatred of Jews. Not the Constitution - like Ron Paul. That's the difference.
So? Who cares what whackjob extremist and violent nazi's think about the war?

We wouldnt ask what pedophiles think of the nations elementary education system, why would anyone care what violent nazis think about the war in iraq?

Old 12-07-2009, 02:41 PM

2,735 posts, read 2,459,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Did you read what I said? I said Rupert Murdoch DOESNT support anti semetic groups.

As for Ron Paul, Im afraid you are going to have to keep up with the last few posts. Besides the picture, I also cited his receipt of campaign donations and and endorsement of SF's "vote Ron Paul" campaign on their website.

Truth is truth. Ive given direct evidence that he does support them. Unless you have something of equal weight (non conjecture), I dont see any counter to the claim.
I was speaking of Ron Paul not Rupert Murdoch.

I don`t think RP has influence of what is on a website. I do think he should have not accepted their donation, however, a picture does not prove that he supports their beliefs.

I think you misintrepret what he believes in. Being against helping Israel with Billions of Dollars does not = being anti-semitic.
He believes that the american foreign policies enhance terroristic organizations and I have to agree. There is no need for american troops to be in the Middle East or anywhere else.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:48 PM

14,856 posts, read 8,179,887 times
Quote:

So? Who cares what whackjob extremist and violent nazi's think about the war?

We wouldnt ask what pedophiles think of the nations elementary education system, why would anyone care what violent nazis think about the war in iraq?
When I read your words, I often wonder if you even know anything about white nationalism.

While I am not saying that many white nationists aren't racists. White nationalism doesn't necessarily have anything to do with racism. In many ways it is just about preserving cultures.

Havn't you ever heard of black nationalism? Malcolm X and Black power? Haiti?

Black nationalism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You should actually go to stormfront and read some of their discussions. They talk about everything from genetic research to evolutionary research, to Historical revisionism(which happens all the time). And there are actually debates going on, not just a bunch of nazi's patting themselves on the back telling each other how great they are cause they are white.

Rev Jeremiah Wright is basically a black nationalist white-hater, and Obama spent 20 years listening to his sermons in church every week. Does that mean Obama is also a black nationalist white-hater.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:51 PM

5,469 posts, read 12,218,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Glad you like him so much. He voted against the Federal Marriage Amendment and believes that every state should have a right to define marriage however they want. Ideally, he said that the states should get out of the marriage business entirely.

Political positions of Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, there's that pesky bit in the Constitution about state's rights. How inconvenient!

Old 12-07-2009, 03:09 PM

Throwing around the word anti semitic every time someone disagrees with present involvement in the Middle East or aid to Israel won't work anymore. Anyone that had gone to a Ron Paul debate or rally could get a picture with him - even Don Black.

Murdoch - supported Giuliani - how did that work out for him? Murdoch did what he could to prevent Bill Clinton's election in 1992, including running stories in his British papers, which were then picked up and published stateside. He only became a US citizen in 1985 to comply with US media ownership laws. Murdoch is a sleaze peddling Citizen Kane.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:11 PM

873 posts, read 1,799,110 times
Excellent and factual post. Hope you don't get an infraction for posting it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Paul was barred from the Republican Jewish Coalition’s Candidate’s Forum in 2007 due to his stance against providing further foreign aid to Israel. The US gives 3 Billion Dollars to Israel a year ($1.2 billion in economic aid and $1.8 billion in military aid.)

AT an event on September 11, 2007 at Johns Hopkins’ School of Advanced International Studies, Paul argued for withdrawing from the Middle East, telling his audience that “Israel is quite capable of taking care of itself”.

Paul’s position towards Israel is not anti-Jewish. There were Ron Paul supporters called Zionists for Ron Paul - a group run by American expatriates now living as religious settlers in the West Bank who wish to terminate Israel's dependence on the US.

You will get all different types of groups that will support a candidate for different reasons - who otherwise have nothing in common.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:27 PM

844 posts, read 1,278,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Throwing around the word anti semitic every time someone disagrees with present involvement in the Middle East or aid to Israel won't work anymore. Anyone that had gone to a Ron Paul debate or rally could get a picture with him - even Don Black.
Um, disagreeing with Israel does not Equal Antisemetic. ]Claiming jews are evil and out to white out the white race + The holocaust never happened + Jews must be wiped out = SUPER MEGA ANTISEMETIC.

Its really comical that anyone would even try to argue otherwise. Im actually chuckling that anyone would try and claim otherwise. Thankfully the majority of Americans vehemently disagree, despite all the attempts from posters on such forums as SF to invade other political forums to convince the unsuspecting otherwise...cough cough.

Just so you know, we are all (at this point) aware many folks here are here directly from Mr. Don Blacks site.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Um, disagreeing with Israel does not Equal Antisemetic. ]Claiming jews are evil and out to white out the white race + The holocaust never happened + Jews must be wiped out = SUPER MEGA ANTISEMETIC.

Its really comical that anyone would even try to argue otherwise. Im actually chuckling that anyone would try and claim otherwise. Thankfully the majority of Americans vehemently disagree, despite all the attempts from posters on such forums as SF to invade other political forums to convince the unsuspecting otherwise...cough cough.

Just so you know, we are all (at this point) aware many folks here are here directly from Mr. Don Blacks site.
Are these quotes Ron Paul has made?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies