Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:43 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Sometimes, especially lately, I've wondered about some of the people posting in the P&OC forums (partially insane?), it's why I haven't posted much lately, it's beginning to get a bit ridiculous. Seems EVERYTHING about liberals or, Democrats is BAD lately. Or, so it seems.
Secession, yeah right.
I would have to agree. It has been an us vs. them thing here. Everything democrat or liberal is evil. There seems to be no compromise on ideas. I believe people just watch O-Reilly or one of the other dudes and then post what they heard on Fox or read in NewsMax. People that believe everything is black and white just don't have a lot of gray matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 10:55 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
Democrats labeled that a political stunt, designed to embarrass two key Democratic lawmakers -- Sen. Chris Dodd and Sen. Kent Conrad -- who got special VIP loans through Countrywide.

Republicans put the video on YouTube, juxtaposing the empty chairs and the Democrats filing out of the room. They put it all to the tune of "Hit the Road, Jack."
Not everyone was laughing. On Tuesday, the committee's Democrats let the Republicans know that their keys wouldn't work in the hearing room anymore. They'd had the locks changed.
Dems Lock Out Republicans -- Literally - The Note

Very democratic of these folks... That's the definition of cronyism.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:02 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
First off there is no comparison, look at the entire picture, and we are no where near the same situation as when the communists took power in Russia. Let me ask this, what would you do? Do you want the legally elected government overthrown. If so, what would you replace it with? Would liberal thoughts and politics be allowed under such a government?
Casper
Hey Casper......As a purely illustrative example........
My grandfather told me, many,many moons ago to never argue with a porcine animal, it wastes your time and, annoys the porcine animal. (yeah, I know, some of you won't need a dictionary, some will put it to good use, and others won't use one.) I am unashamed of my ignorance, I keep a serviceable one on the desk, and the OED in the bookcase nearby.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:07 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
There is clearly NO PLACE we are told to police the world, defense IS NOT an attempt to spread our form of government worldwide.

Or, maybe situations even more horrific would have developed, all baseless speculation.

Ah, inane Kool-Aid remarks, the typical NeoConfused tactic when facts supporting their agenda don't exist. Get a clue, Iraq/Iran had NOTHING to do with attacks on the US. A country that did, Libya, KNOWN sponsors of the mass murder of Americans, was embraced by your pissant little cowboy and allowed to buy their way free from guilt.

Oh boy, the same crap we heard during the Vietnam era, "fight them over there or they'll be here". See a lot of guys in black PJs in your neighborhood do ya? When I see 'em in my neighborhood they're delivering take-out.

WAKE-UP! Terrorists know no national boundaries and cannot be successfully fought by acting as if they do.
So Mr. Know how to Fix it all... please explain how you would have done it any better. You are as empty with ideas as every liberal complainer that I have ever met.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:14 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I would have to agree. It has been an us vs. them thing here. Everything democrat or liberal is evil. There seems to be no compromise on ideas. I believe people just watch O-Reilly or one of the other dudes and then post what they heard on Fox or read in NewsMax. People that believe everything is black and white just don't have a lot of gray matter.
Thank you for your very ignorant of the subject response. Yes, I watch some Fox News, yes I watch some CBS, NBC, and yes I am forced (if I want to read a local newspaper) to read the Louisville Confused Journal. I don't like Hannity, and I don't care for Beck. I do believe in God, and I do practice my faith. I was once a flaming red Democrat... I voted for Carter, Mondale, and bit my tongue as I pulled a couple more vote lever; however, of my own accord, I began to see the errors of my ways, and I began to ask questions. No liberal could answer those questions. I soon learned that the United States Democrat Party was not speaking for me. I also have learned that the United States Republican Party is wrong on a lot too. So, I am now looking to remove all RINO's from the Republican ticket and replace them with people who can and most importantly will answer my questions.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:25 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
Quote:
The overriding liberal ambition is to finish the work began decades ago as the Great Society of converting health care into a government responsibility. Mr. Obama's own Medicare actuaries estimate that the federal share of U.S. health dollars will quickly climb beyond 60% from 46% today. One reason Mrs. Pelosi has fought so ferociously against her own Blue Dog colleagues to include at least a scaled-back "public option" entitlement program is so that the architecture is in place for future Congresses to expand this share even further.
Nancy Pelosi's New Health-Care Bill - WSJ.com

Old 12-07-2009, 11:28 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Secession is very different than overthrowing. Alexander Hamilton might've thought it treasonous, but Hamilton was nothing more than a redcoat insurgent.
No State has the right to just pick up their toys and leave so to attempt to do so would be considered treason, since those attempting it would be trying to tear apart this nation. I know some would love to have some nationalist country of their own to live in, one where Liberals would not be allowed. But, be careful what you wish for, such a country would not be tolerant of ANY thinking that did not match up with the governments approved thought guidelines. Not to worry, no such country will be formed from pieces of this nation, if the right wants their own country to run as they see fit, they will have to move out of this country. Besides, talk of revolution and secession is just that, talk. There are not enough Americans that believe in such tactics and the few that do want it do not have the backbone to try anything, they are at least honest enough with themselves to know what would happen next.
Casper

Old 12-07-2009, 11:37 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
So Mr. Know how to Fix it all... please explain how you would have done it any better. You are as empty with ideas as every liberal complainer that I have ever met.
Interesting that someone from the right, which blames every war on the Liberals is defending war.
That said, was should be avoided whenever possible. Afganistan in my opinion was not avoidable after 9-11, Iraq on the otherhand was, which war has cost more lives. don't give the story of his killing his own people as justifcation, since if that were true we would have don something when the attacks occured not years later. Instresting, no one brings up that arguement when he was killing Iranians during their wars in like manners and we not only looked the other way we helped him do it. The invasion Kuwait was also interesting in that when Saddam complained to his so called buddies the USA about Kuwait drilling at an angle under Iraq we told him it was his problem and to deal with it. He did, and we attacked him for it. Two lessons to be learned: The USA should not back tyrants no matter how well it may work in a the short term and the USA has shown they will abandon their friends if the winds blow a different direction in later years, the same government that broke EVERY treaty it ever signed with Native Americans.
Casper

Old 12-07-2009, 11:38 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Thank you for your very ignorant of the subject response. Yes, I watch some Fox News, yes I watch some CBS, NBC, and yes I am forced (if I want to read a local newspaper) to read the Louisville Confused Journal. I don't like Hannity, and I don't care for Beck. I do believe in God, and I do practice my faith. I was once a flaming red Democrat... I voted for Carter, Mondale, and bit my tongue as I pulled a couple more vote lever; however, of my own accord, I began to see the errors of my ways, and I began to ask questions. No liberal could answer those questions. I soon learned that the United States Democrat Party was not speaking for me. I also have learned that the United States Republican Party is wrong on a lot too. So, I am now looking to remove all RINO's from the Republican ticket and replace them with people who can and most importantly will answer my questions.
Apparently I struck a nerve. I guess you are one of those people who see everything as black or white with no gray in the middle. My point, which seems to be lost on you, is that most people are neither completely liberal or completely conservative. People seem to vary on the scale based on the issue. There are very few that are on the very end of the scale at either end on every single issue. You may be one of the few. It is a very lonely spot that you occupy, but good for you. WIthout people at the ends we would have no middle.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:39 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
But, be careful what you wish for, such a country would not be tolerant of ANY thinking that did not match up with the governments approved thought guidelines.
Even if that were true, it seems you've defined secession itself as treason and have implied a threatening tone in the final sentence of your reply. Perhaps secession would take the form of 1861. However, IMO it is more likely secession would parallel that of the Soviet Union, with a few psychopathic nationalists huffing and panting before giving up. Today's economic conditions parallel the latter, as America during the middle of the 19th century was much more financially sound to crush a secessionist movement. I think all of the empty threats by boompa, yourself and others are nothing more than idle threats spawned by watching a few Rambo and Rocky movies.

1991 Soviet coup d'état attempt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies