Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:36 AM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Sad how many people can't differentiate between weather patterns and climate shifts.

You fighting the evolution of society away from carbon-based energy are of the same ilk who fought against ending slavery because it would supposedly destroy our economy.

You're just on the wrong side of history.

See Algore's hystarics over Katrina as proof of the above.

Clearly both sides you weather patterns to their own ends.

I certainly believe that moving away from oil pumped out of the ground is a good thing. I just want to see that we do it by moving to something better. Not simply changing out one thing for something else based on hystarical proclimations based on the desire of some modern day Robin Hood scheme.

If we were serious about doing what you suggest, we would be spending money on R&D to move to other energy sources instead of on bad AGW science.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 10:38 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
I think what history will show is how much this global warming stuff will parallel ancient religion. Scare 'em with hocus pocus and get them to fall in line.

I don't need religion to be an upstanding, moral citizen, and I don't need to buy into harem skarem pseudoscience to be convinced to decrease my footprint on the planet.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I think what history will show is how much this global warming stuff will parallel ancient religion. Scare 'em with hocus pocus and get them to fall in line.

I don't need religion to be an upstanding, moral citizen, and I don't need to buy into harem skarem pseudoscience to be convinced to decrease my footprint on the planet.
The little Ice Age saw tens of thousands of people burned at the stake for being witches becase the people thought the witches were working with Satan to make the earth cold.

we see something very similar going on with the Church of Global Warming.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:44 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Ferd, scarier is that it's not only happening with GW..the scare tactics are going on for everything lately.

And there's no escape either.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:45 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The little Ice Age saw tens of thousands of people burned at the stake for being witches becase the people thought the witches were working with Satan to make the earth cold.

In both cases, the members demonstrate more "care" than the non-members.

The one's with the more demonstrated "care" achieve the most communal respect in their "community".

Old 12-07-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Ferd, scarier is that it's not only happening with GW..the scare tactics are going on for everything lately.

And there's no escape either.
What was it Ram said? Never let a good crisis go to waste?

Old 12-07-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
In both cases, the members demonstrate more "care" than the non-members.

The one's with the more demonstrated "care" achieve the most communal respect in their "community".

i dont even know what that means. but I agree with you! LOL!

Old 12-07-2009, 10:49 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
. But let me ask you...fairly early in that file, you'll see reference to "a directory other then the current one." Does that phraseology strike you as odd? I mean, it's the UK and all, but "current directory" is a buzzword. It is rarely broken up, and there was no need for it to have been here. What do you think?
Quote:
5. Currently trying to convert .glo files to .grim files so that we can
compare with previous output. However the progam suite headed by
globulk.f90 is not playing nicely - problems with it expecting a defunct
file system (all path widths were 80ch, have been globally changed to 160ch)
and also no guidance on which reference files to choose. It also doesn't
seem to like files being in any directory other than the current one!!
........ no clue what you're driving at.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:50 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Some of us don't have to be scared into doing the right thing.
Stan nothing wrong with doing the right thing but you don't drive the bus off the cliff if you don't have too.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
........ no clue what you're driving at.
Sounds like the build environment. The makefile there may only compile files in the "current directory" and is not coded to look for files outside of it's current directory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies