Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 04:02 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,228,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
My goodness. Shameless "WATCH THIS GUY ON TV NOW!!!! HE WILL TELL US ALL WHAT TO THINK!"

Seriously, whos more the foolish, the fools or the fools that follow?
He's not telling anyone what to think. He's just sharing information so you'll have an opportunity to think.

The fool might depend on the Piper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 04:03 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,703,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Easybreezy View Post
Sorry, but no. I used to listen to Glenn Beck on radio, but about two years ago, I stopped. The reason that I stopped listening is that I was finding him to be increasingly paranoid and delusional. Considering his past history--substance abuse, and his mother's suicide, I worry about his sanity.

Hmm...substances abuse and a dysfunctional broken home...

Good enough to be president though huh...

Old 12-07-2009, 04:03 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,089,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Ahh all the little left wingers think idiot comments will sway anyone but their ilk. Beck is waking up America to the insanity the left is all about along with hussein obama and his criminal administration. They should stay in front of the tube watching Bugs Bunny which is in line with their brand of left winger "intellectualism" LOL
Where do you get the idea that those with television shows actually have anything more going for them than being loud, obnoxious, and an ability to persuade emotionally? This is where you think you're getting smarter?

It has little to do with 'left' and 'right' and more to do with what sells.

You're a complete TOOL if you watch Fox News and MSNBC thinking you're getting news and not fodder/entertainment.

Go to college, get a degree in history with a minor in political science (or vice versa), study a foreign language overseas and talk with others. That's step one to actually knowing what you're talking about. Goal? To see the world for what it is - varying shades of gray. It isn't black-and-white like those on MSNBC and Fox want you to believe.

Check out some Conservative minds like Frank Luntz, hell, he even worked for Fox News, but he'll admit in a second that pinheads like Beck, Palin, etc, are TOOLS for the masses.

Break from your mold and stop thinking about 'left' and 'right' because if you actually thought for yourself, you'd incorporate ideas from both sides of the aisle.

Tool.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:05 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
According to his Wiki, he is a recovering alcoholic, substance abuser, marijuana addict.

His mother's death was suspicious but neither ruled accidental or a suicide.

His step-brother, on the other hand, did committ suicide.

He has ADHD.

He's a mormon.

Source: Wikipedia

Sounds like a basket case - guess some of this could explain his fits of rage and emotional instability both on his radio and TV programs.

Glenn Beck Goes Crazy on Radio Show After Women From Massachusetts Asks Questions About Healthcare! — Loyal K*N*G
Wow, sounds like he could be President.
Obama: admitted drug user
Has half brothers scattered on every continent.
Has narcissistic personality disorder.
He's a Christian.

Sounds like a basket case. This could explain his chronic lying and love of radical extremists.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:07 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,543,784 times
Heh, his name is "Creamer." What if his first name was "Dick?"

Now for the obligatory reductio ad hitlerum - "Mein Kampf was written in prison..."

Old 12-07-2009, 04:08 PM

873 posts, read 1,803,165 times
I've never watched Glen Beck and pretty much all I know about him is from what I read, BUT what difference does it make what he's about or his history, etc. as far as the FACTS that he might be reporting? In other words, Facts Is Facts, no matter who the messenger might be. I see it on City-Data all the time....oh, this was seen on Stormfront so it can't be true, etc. I say BS to all that. There's such a thing as killing the messenger and too often that's what is done here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
According to his Wiki, he is a recovering alcoholic, substance abuser, marijuana addict.

His mother's death was suspicious but neither ruled accidental or a suicide.

His step-brother, on the other hand, did committ suicide.

He has ADHD.

He's a mormon.

Source: Wikipedia

Sounds like a basket case - guess some of this could explain his fits of rage and emotional instability both on his radio and TV programs.

Glenn Beck Goes Crazy on Radio Show After Women From Massachusetts Asks Questions About Healthcare! — Loyal K*N*G

Old 12-07-2009, 04:09 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,092 times
I wonder when Glen Beck will finally offer free nose rings to his loyal viewers...so they can be led wherever he wants.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:11 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,629,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
He's a Christian.

Sounds like a basket case. This could explain his chronic lying and love of radical extremists.
thanks for the intellectual post. It's getting boring reading them talk about Bugs Bunny and the like.
Guess that's the best they can do.
This thread has completely been hijacked and might as well be closed. Apparently, they fear the truth, so have to divert.
I'm sure by tonight or tomorrow morning, someone else will post another thread on the topic and perhaps that one will stay on target. Sans the
elementary posters. Maybe they will be taking a nap on their map at that time.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:11 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,089,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
He's a Christian.

Admitted drug user = Substance abuser who needed professional help and who's wife left him because of his use?

P.S. Every recent President has tried drugs.

----

Half brothers that live overseas = Half brother dead.

Well, you're doing a bang-up job so far. 0-2.

----

Can't really comment on whether or not the President has a personality disorder. I'll keep it 0-2.

---

Being a Christian. Now, I'm an atheist and I do believe that a duty toward imaginary figures is a bit crazy. I'm going to give you this one.

You're shooting at about 33.3% now. That's good in baseball, horrible if you're an NFL quarterback, and not going to cut it if you're a basketball player. I'd say you did OK, it was your first try anyway.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:12 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,947,956 times
LOL at the holier than thou post ^...wonder what some people would have to say if the title was "Turn on Olbermann now!".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies