Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 06:10 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFEz24w8emg

Palin supporters are the laughing stock of other countries too!!
"Compromise is for people that are wrong"

That guy was obviously just another uneducated dirt ball Palin worshiper. But that statement speaks volumes!

Funny video btw!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 06:10 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Why would anyone cut work or school to see this bimbo?

School? Not a priority in her fan base.

She speaks their language.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:12 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,070,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
That was a stupid remark. There's a big difference between being elected into public office and receiving a paycheck and getting welfare benefits just cause you don't want to work and want the government to pay for everything for you.
I live in Newark NJ (one of the most poverty stricken regions in the country) and that's not true of every welfare recipient, nor of everyone in New Orleans. I can't tell you how many people I know who want to work but can't and feel they're setting a terrible example for their family because they're receiving public assistance. There are some welfare cheats out there yes, but it's a few bad apples that ruin the bunch. Please don't generalize, especially if you've never lived in an urban city or around anyone in poverty.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:13 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,512,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I live in Newark NJ (one of the most poverty stricken regions in the country) and that's not true of every welfare recipient, nor of everyone in New Orleans. I can't tell you how many people I know who want to work but can't and feel they're setting a terrible example for their family because they're receiving public assistance. There are some welfare cheats out there yes, but it's a few bad apples that ruin the bunch. Please don't generalize, especially if you've never lived in an urban city or around anyone in poverty.
I was speaking of the woman in the video who says she won't have to worry about her mortgage, putting gas in her car, or anything.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:15 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
quote=summers73;11930943]At the date of the interview (around end of Oct 2008), the spot price of unleaded gasoline had taken a huge dive. Again, no sale on that one.

She said what she said, and she wasn't using any slang or other vernacular. She appeared serious. It is others that are drawing conclusions that are NOT what she said.[/quote]

Who said anything about Slang..and Yes she did say what she said, Now provide the OTHER tape where she stated the GOVERNMENT will pay for her gas or that she NO LONGER has to pay for gas...What I heard was she didn't have to worry about puting gas in her car. Hell I no longer have to worry about filling up my gas tank now that Bushy boy is no longer in the white house and I don't even have a government ATM card...

Like I stated below.

quote=blackandproud;11930839]You know what, I can understand what she meant by not worrying about putting gas in the car. Do you not recall gas prices hitting close to $5 and Bushy boy did absolutely nothing about it. I guess you and others who choose to take that comment out of context don't remember. No where in her statement did she state the Government will pay for her car, gas or mortgage.

Its interesting how gas prices began to start going down as the election got closer and ultimately after the elections. But continue to twist the statements the woman made, thats actually what you clairvoyant mind readers choose to do.[/quote]

[

Gas prices: Down 10 cents in 2 days - Oct. 12, 2008

July 2008 gas prices were over $4, by the election the price had dropped by $.43. But your clairvoyant so I guess you MUST be right.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:16 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
So let me get this strait, it's classy to rely on gov't for everything and not be able to think for yourself -even in the face of death, but it is not classy to be a conservative who can take care of theirself without government?
The people pictured in your image are victims of a natural disaster (Hurricane Katrina) - they are not standing in line to vote for a politician.

You are making the point that they are dependent on gov't simply because they are Black. You (and so many others just like you) are attempting (poorly) to wrap your bigotry in the guise of "conservatism" and no ones buying it.

If you got swept into a raging river I would hope that you could "think for yourself in the face of death" and save your conservative self without the help of the government (ie firefighters or swift water rescuers) because heaven forbid that anyone would need the government for anything.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The people pictured in your image are victims of a natural disaster (Hurricane Katrina) - they are not standing in line to vote for a politician.

You are making the point that they are dependent on gov't simply because they are Black. You (and so many others just like you) are attempting (poorly) to wrap your bigotry in the guise of "conservatism" and no ones buying it.

If you got swept into a raging river I would hope that you could "think for yourself in the face of death" and save your conservative self without the help of the government (ie firefighters or swift water rescuers) because heaven forbid that anyone would need the government for anything.
Many people of the 9th ward and many other parts of New Orleans dependent on the government,...especially around election time when vote buying happens.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:23 PM

Also, what you didn't see in the national news was the local volunteers who were turned away by the state police on order from the governor's orders. There was a caravan of school bus drivers who drove their buses to take people to shelters but were turned back. Lafayette had a huge caravan of people with boats drive to New Orleans, only to be denied entry by the state police. Governor Blanco left those people there,...not GW Bush.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:26 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times
Man Arrested For Throwing Tomato At Sarah Palin - wcco.com (http://wcco.com/politics/palin.tomato.moa.2.1355722.html - broken link)

Old 12-07-2009, 06:26 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Its interesting how gas prices began to start going down as the election got closer and ultimately after the elections. But continue to twist the statements the woman made, thats actually what you clairvoyant mind readers choose to do.
That's conspiracy theory talk. There was a flight of quality to the dollar temporarily that caused commodity prices across the board to tank, gas included.

I'm going by spot price of unleaded on the trading floor. Apples to apples, day to day. You can say it was whatever in California or Oklahoma to suit your purpose. And again, she said what she said. It's just a huge reach to infer she meant lower gas prices due to the president. Even if she said that, I thought Dems said that the president has little impact on gas prices?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies