Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 07:09 AM

1,851 posts, read 2,153,627 times

Advertisements

It was a rethorical question. I knew why

Just pointing out the classless and scumy element in all of it. Remember, a dirtbag needs another willing dirtbag, in order to cheat. Men...women....no real difference.

Gender differences are moot. Individual integrity, honesty, courage and character....is what matters

Old 12-08-2009, 07:30 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
hahahahaha.......

Damn, Tiger got some "play", just another overpaid, oversexed jock.

But the masses will still flock to him. as well as the hyper wealthy Nike's, whose sweatshops pay Tiger millions in endorsements .
Never know danny, maybe the teet will run dry?

Old 12-08-2009, 07:33 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i hope that they are left alone to work out their problems. i have to correct myself, since it doesn't look like it is related to their situation at all. i hope this whole family is now LEFT ALONE to deal with whatever issues they have to.
So you started ANOTHER thread about him based on nothing.....????????

Old 12-08-2009, 08:09 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Never know danny, maybe the teet will run dry?
130 million a year. Thats what he makes. 110 million a year is endorsements.

The teet wont run dry, but its not gonna flow like it once did. And thats good for Tiger, he was overpaid by a long shot (pun intended)

Old 12-08-2009, 08:24 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So you started ANOTHER thread about him based on nothing.....????????

I think she started the thread talking about the woman taken from the house on life support but then later found out that incident had nothing to do with Tiger so edited the OP...i think

Old 12-08-2009, 09:06 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think she started the thread talking about the woman taken from the house on life support but then later found out that incident had nothing to do with Tiger so edited the OP...i think
Twice in her OP she stated she wished they'd be "left alone"....posting a thread about any of it isn't leaving them alone....Obviously SHE is fascinated by them and can't leave them alone........ a whole post that's an oxymoron.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:25 AM

78,404 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
130 million a year. Thats what he makes. 110 million a year is endorsements.

The teet wont run dry, but its not gonna flow like it once did. And thats good for Tiger, he was overpaid by a long shot (pun intended)
It's ok that he makes so much money though because he isn't a CEO.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:08 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevman View Post
But let's start another thread on it anyway.
this thread is more a media thread, but i knew that some people (not naming names) wouldn't even look at it if it didn't have at least an element of sensationalism.

we certainly have more important issues to deal with it, wouldn't you agree?

here is one proposal that just might make a difference in this country and, guess what, proposed by democrats:

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/a...-Steagall.html
Five House Democrats will call this week for a return to a Depression-era law that separated Wall Street investment banking from Main Street commercial banking.

If adopted, the measure would give banks one year to choose between being commercial banks or investment banks. The nation's biggest -- those now commonly referred to as "too big to fail" -- would be broken up. The Obama administration opposes the measure.

The amendment's five co-sponsors -- Maurice Hinchey of New York, John Conyers of Michigan, Peter DeFazio of Oregon, Jay Inslee of Washington, and John Tierney of Massachusetts - want to restore the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933, which prohibited commercial banks from underwriting stocks and bonds. The act was repealed in 1999 at the urging of, among others, Larry Summers, now President Barack Obama's chief economic adviser.

a step in the right direction!!! let's see some media coverage on this!

Last edited by floridasandy; 12-08-2009 at 10:18 AM..

Old 12-08-2009, 10:15 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
From what I have heard, the woman was Tiger's mother-in-law who flew in from Sweeden - and she has been released already from the hospital.

Tiger Woods' Mother-In-Law Hospitalized

A woman taken by ambulance from Tiger Woods' home was identified as his mother-in-law, Barbro Holmberg, on Tuesday.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Twice in her OP she stated she wished they'd be "left alone"....posting a thread about any of it isn't leaving them alone....Obviously SHE is fascinated by them and can't leave them alone........ a whole post that's an oxymoron.
I agree.

One doesn't put up a neon sign asking people to not pay attention to you and to leave you alone. Maybe the OP doesn't have enough to do to keep her busy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies