Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2009, 11:56 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,190,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
... i have no idea what he thinks of as "talent".
Too easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 11:59 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,539,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Jadex, my dear.

You wrote "Federal employees earn 2% pay raise."

What did they do to EARN the raise?

Catch my drift?

Old 12-10-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
I work for the government too, I don\'t share your views. I think it is the most wasteful and lazy place I\'ve ever seen. I can and do work circles around every single person I come across in my day to day activities within the govt. There\'s a few that do the right thing like I do, but most are there to do as little as possible and get a promotion.

BTW, Where\'s the responsibility in the raise when everyone else is suffering? How about the philosophy of \"pitching in\"?
Well of course you work circles around everyone around you; you're not part of the problem, you're the perfect employee. Not quite believable.
Government is no different from anywhere else, the vast majority are adequate or better than adequate, there are small percentages that are exceptional or dreadful. I know, you're special. It's always fun working with very special people.
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Do some people get promoted when they shouldn't? Absolutely, just like in the private sector.
Obviously you never do anything wrong, you're perfect and no one ever corrects anything you do.

Since you work at the state level, why do you feel qualified to comment on the work ethics of the federal sector?
Are you saying that you're happy to have no pay raise?
Great for you.

Feds do pitch in; most I know work about 50 hours per week with no additional compensation.
Apparently your office sucks. You know, you're part of it.

Quote:
Every day...Every single damn day. I see it first hand. I\'ve even dimed people out over misuse of tax money. Like I said, I see it everyday and most of it goes unnoticed or swept under the carpet. You\'re not fooling anyone with you\'re pro govt. work ethic mantra.
As is every employee's responsibility. The feds have it too: Waste, Fraud and Abuse.
You're not special.
What's with the "\"

Old 12-10-2009, 12:13 AM

Quote:
How can you make such blanket statements that federal workers get performance based increases and what ever else you spouted out? I work for them, they are the most wasteful organization I\'ve ever witnessed. You know what else? They promote WHO they want, WHEN they want, no performance involved. Everything important is swept under the rug. Keep talking like you know what you\'re talking about by making such blanket statements and you\'ll lose your credibility real fast.
Funny, you said you work for the State.
Which one is true?
Either/none?
Which organization is wasteful? All of them, one of them? Come on, dime them out.
Talk about sweeping generalizations.
You're not worth reading.
Bye bye.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:18 AM

69 posts, read 35,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Funny, you said you work for the State.
Which one is true?
Either/none?
Which organization is wasteful? All of them, one of them? Come on, dime them out.
Talk about sweeping generalizations.
You're not worth reading.
Bye bye.
haha... I work in a state building among state workers, but work for the federal govt. You can make yourself look foolish all you want, I bet you're one of the lazy workers where you work too. Hippies weren't known for their go-getter type attitude. Do you smoke pot on your lunch break too?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:21 AM

69 posts, read 35,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Well of course you work circles around everyone around you; you're not part of the problem, you're the perfect employee. Not quite believable.
Government is no different from anywhere else, the vast majority are adequate or better than adequate, there are small percentages that are exceptional or dreadful. I know, you're special. It's always fun working with very special people.
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Do some people get promoted when they shouldn't? Absolutely, just like in the private sector.
Obviously you never do anything wrong, you're perfect and no one ever corrects anything you do.

Since you work at the state level, why do you feel qualified to comment on the work ethics of the federal sector?
Are you saying that you're happy to have no pay raise?
Great for you.

Feds do pitch in; most I know work about 50 hours per week with no additional compensation.
Apparently your office sucks. You know, you're part of it.

As is every employee's responsibility. The feds have it too: Waste, Fraud and Abuse.
You're not special.
What's with the "\"
Don't worry what the \ is about, none of your business. Govt. employees should not be getting raises when so many people are out of work. You don't think that is selfish?

Old 12-10-2009, 10:14 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,421,837 times
Quote:
Ummmmm....It's not B.S. all govt. jobs have too much politics involved. Politics doesn't breed productivity or winning attitudes. It breeds favors, waste and lies.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are approximately 1.8 million civilian federal workers, excluding the Post Office. The vast majority of these jobs have zero politics involved ... unless you're talking about typical office politics?

Old 12-10-2009, 11:00 AM

17,384 posts, read 11,894,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
LOL. These private companies are funded by consumers. Who happen to be the very same people as taxpayers. They exist at all because of government charters and business laws. They are supported by untold billions of dollars worth of infrastructure that governments built for them. They rely on tens of millions of employees that governments trained for them. Their pollution of the environment (including their insultingly banal advertising campaigns) affects everyone in a variety of ways, one of which is in the wallet. In 2008, tens of thousand of businesses failed and were bailed out at public expense by our generous business bankruptcy laws. Don't even begin to think that private companies have no responsibility or accountability to the public. The public tolerates them in exchange for the goods and services they provide. They exist at our pleasure and owe us for that. Without the blessing and support of the public, they die.
Wow, this is so full of gross exaggeration, my head is spinning. Bottom line, there's a difference between being funded by taxpayers and being funded by tax DOLLARS. But that statement is untrue. Every person that supports a private business is not necessarily a taxpayer. 30% of americans don't pay income tax. And some of those patrons are illegals, who also don't neccesarily pay income tax.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Every major public and private economic analysis outfit disagrees with you. All of them concede the positive effects of the stimulus, the broad consensus being that it contrbuted about a million jobs and 3.0 percentage points worth of GDP in the third quarter of this year.

Really? Where did the money for the stimulus come from? What taxes were increased in order to provide the government with those funds?
It was borrowed, with money that will have to be paid back, with HIGHER TAXES.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Every major public and private economic analysis outfit disagrees with you. All of them concede the positive effects of the stimulus, the broad consensus being that it contrbuted about a million jobs and 3.0 percentage points worth of GDP in the third quarter of this year.

Really? Where did the money for the stimulus come from? What taxes were increased in order to provide the government with those funds?
Joe Biden doesn't count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies