Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 04:47 PM

1,340 posts, read 2,802,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofan View Post
Strange. . . I thought most federal employees ARE middle class.
Many are working class, more lower middle class, relatively few upper middle class . The former 2 are about the same,money-wise, the latter not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 01:07 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,432,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Then maybe you should find another place to work when the recession ends.
Most folks are still getting pay raises - smaller than typical to be sure - but still getting raises.

Average pay raise is likely to be below 2 percent | Philly | 08/10/2009 (http://www.philly.com/philly/jobs/Average_pay_raise_is_likely_to_be_below_2_percent. html - broken link)

Three Out of Four Employees Can Expect a Raise in 2009

Ken

Where i live, i know of no one who has gotten a raise in 2009. Infact one friend where she works, they said they would not let any employee go, but that they would not be getting any pay raises for quite a while, and no they have not. Not every one in 2009 has gotten a pay raise, Lets take a count of all who has I know so many who are hurting right now..

Old 12-25-2009, 03:20 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,696,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Let me make it real simple for you

You act like the federal gov hasnt failed like the company that we had to bailout, Have you seen the amount of debt this country is in? Is this countrys books in the red or black?
Hmmm... I don't think it is the actual Federal employees who are causing the debt. It is Congress voting to spend the money, and members of Congress are not actually the same as Federal employees. Congress gets "elected", employees get "hired".

BTW, today, on the federal job website, there are over 32,000 job openings worldwide. Some of the unemployed might want to consider applying.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:55 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Federal employees and military, including retired military , have been getting pay raises for some 30 years, every year regardless of the state of the economy.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:18 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,542,878 times
Isn't Obama starting up the automatic Federal Employee raises money spigot again?

Great bribe to get your base to the polls.

Gotta admit...Obama is very clever.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:21 AM

13,683 posts, read 8,999,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Isn't Obama starting up the automatic Federal Employee raises money spigot again?

Great bribe to get your base to the polls.

Gotta admit...Obama is very clever.
Not that I have heard, and I work for the Federal government. I believe that those receiving Social Security benefits (retirement, disability) are getting a very small raise, but not Federal employees.

Do you have a source for your statement? I mean, you must have used the search button to bring us this old thread.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:25 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,542,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Not that I have heard, and I work for the Federal government. I believe that those receiving Social Security benefits (retirement, disability) are getting a very small raise, but not Federal employees.

Do you have a source for your statement? I mean, you must have used the search button to bring us this old thread.
So you wish for this issue to be buried forever so that Americans don't learn what is going on?

Old 01-27-2012, 07:31 AM

13,683 posts, read 8,999,713 times
Quote:
So you wish for this issue to be buried forever so that Americans don't learn what is going on?

Well, what is going on? Do you have any source for your statement? I know that I am not getting any type of raise.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:33 AM

1,239 posts, read 2,007,220 times
I'm a gov't. employee. I'm getting a 1% raise for our operational success increase for my particular branch.

Old 01-27-2012, 07:34 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,266,164 times
Quote:
I believe she's asking you if you have anything but your opinion, like facts or something.
You know, the regular stuff that people comment with, facts.

BTW, this thread is 2 years old.

Here you go, the General Salary link: http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/index.asp
It provides salaries by year.
Look at the basic to see if there have been changes.
Feel free to compare and contrast - then get back with us.
CY 10, CY11 and CY12 are the same, there is no increase.
CY 09 to CY10 was a minimal raise.

So, please tell us: what's going on that the US government is trying to hide?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies