U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 03:42 PM

13,072 posts, read 9,993,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
Nomander smokes you in this subject. You can't admit that, who's the arrogant one?
Its ok, he is on ignore. I don't respond to him. He is slippery with his use of logic. It appears correct, but something always smells fishy with it. Once you start breaking it apart and holding him to his claims, he gets nasty. I would pay him no attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 04:09 PM

19,179 posts, read 25,863,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Its ok, he is on ignore. I don't respond to him.
Apparently, THIS somehow fits your definition of what discussion is all about. What a hoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
He is slippery with his use of logic. It appears correct, but something always smells fishy with it. Once you start breaking it apart and holding him to his claims, he gets nasty. I would pay him no attention.
Yeah, nasty as in not letting the deceivers get away with their dirty little deceits. Have you gotten around to admitting yet that your CRU code snippet was taken out of context? The guy whose analysis of that code you copied and pasted himself put a big fat lack-of-context warning label on it, but you simply ignored it...

Old 12-10-2009, 04:13 PM

6,758 posts, read 9,440,325 times
Keep the Republicans, Deport Saggy....

Old 12-10-2009, 04:16 PM

19,179 posts, read 25,863,366 times
Shouldn't you have said something about spin???

Old 12-10-2009, 05:22 PM

41,315 posts, read 35,106,390 times
Maybe they can follow this and gain some knowledge and truth regarding that "trick" that was used to "hide the decline"

I take it you deniers are aware that the cabal most definitely considered this "decline" a huge problem.

IPCC and the “Trick” Climate Audit [Welcome to our new home!]

Quote:
Keith’s series… differs in large part in exactly the opposite direction that Phil’s does from ours. This is the problem we all picked up on (everyone in the room at IPCC was in agreement that this was a problem and a potential distraction/detraction from the reasonably concensus viewpoint we’d like to show w/ the Jones et al and Mann et al series. (Mann, Sep 22, 1999, 0938018124.txt)
So...no matter that the data didn't show what they wanted it to show, they were going to make sure this "decline" was not a "distraction" from the "consensus".

These are NOT the words of ethical scientists.

Quote:
A proxy diagram of temperature change is a clear favourite for the Policy Makers summary. But the current diagram with the tree ring only data [i.e. the Briffa reconstruction] somewhat contradicts the multiproxy curve and dilutes the message rather significantly… This is probably the most important issue to resolve in Chapter 2 at present.. (Folland, Sep 22, 1999, in 0938031546.txt)
Amazing.

The original reconstruction, with Briffa's "troublesome" decline in yellow;

The NEW and IMPROVED chart after;

Quote:
The final IPCC diagram (2.21) is shown below. In this rendering, the Briffa reconstruction is obviously no longer “a problem and a potential distraction/detraction”and does not “dilute the message”. Mann has not given any “fodder” to the skeptics, who obviously did not have a “field day” with the decline.

Last edited by sanrene; 12-10-2009 at 05:33 PM..

Old 12-10-2009, 05:27 PM

80,132 posts, read 88,354,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheepherder View Post
As you and your side get them from Daily KOS and Huffington post.
I have NEVER read the Daily Kos and I rarely read the Huff Post. I never quote the Kos, and again, rarely, the post. Watch who you accuse of what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies