Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2009, 04:05 PM

147 posts, read 134,923 times

Advertisements

don't we just have the best government corporations can buy...

Health Insurers Caught Paying Facebook Gamers Virtual Currency To Oppose Reform Bill
Health Insurers Caught Paying Facebook Gamers Virtual Currency To Oppose Reform Bill

Quote:
Health insurance industry trade groups opposed to President Obama's health care reform bill are paying Facebook users fake money -- called "virtual currency" -- to send letters to Congress protesting the bill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 04:22 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,185,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inventor1 View Post
don't we just have the best government corporations can buy...

How do I get in on that money? I don't play around on Facebook but surely there is some other way.

I don't consider this "healthcare" crap to be reform but a taking of power for the government. Am I really wrong? If so let me know how it is anything else other than a power grab that the Dems know has to be done as soon as possible because to wait until debating can be done would be too late since the election is coming so soon after it all happened.

Damn those insurance companies that nearly 80% of the people have insurance with and are very happy with what they have. Why doesn't the Congress try to do something to save the people some money? It is pretty obvious why and also obvious that many of those who vote for these things won't be back in office next year. I just hope that Harry and Nancy lose their respective elections. How about you?

Old 12-10-2009, 05:23 PM

147 posts, read 134,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How do I get in on that money? I don't play around on Facebook but surely there is some other way.

I don't consider this "healthcare" crap to be reform but a taking of power for the government. Am I really wrong? If so let me know how it is anything else other than a power grab that the Dems know has to be done as soon as possible because to wait until debating can be done would be too late since the election is coming so soon after it all happened.

Damn those insurance companies that nearly 80% of the people have insurance with and are very happy with what they have. Why doesn't the Congress try to do something to save the people some money? It is pretty obvious why and also obvious that many of those who vote for these things won't be back in office next year. I just hope that Harry and Nancy lose their respective elections. How about you?
So you don't consider it to be reform, but a power grab. OK. Can you cite one country in the world where it has been a power grab by having nationalized health care. Or are you just smarter than every person in the history of mankind? Again basically every developed nation in the world has a form of nationalized healtcare. By every single metric I have ever heard from lenght of life, quality of life, infant mortality, bankruptsys due to medical care, and on and on (other than breast enlargement) the USA is at the bottom of the industrialized nations in fact we rank very close to cuba (a developing nation) in many metrics.

And again on average vs all industrialized with losing every catagory/metrix we are about twice the price.

So please give me an example of what nation controls its people with health care that has nationalized health care.

As far as your numbers about people being happy with what they have, were these questioners sent out by the insurance companies with your name on them? IE if you answer to the negative your rate doubles this year?

BTW I have heard before WalMart hires people with real money that blog on their side too. and many other companies pay people to do it too. So your vote is for sale?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies