Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 05:04 PM

805 posts, read 1,509,581 times

Advertisements

http://newsblaze.com/story/20091202072550reye.nb/topstory.html

Quote from the above article, "Tiger Woods, Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama are the Holy Trinity of African Americans white folks can worship as a way of proving they aren't racists."

Rather cynical view but it rings true to me. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 05:19 PM

69 posts, read 36,018 times
I concur

Old 12-09-2009, 06:16 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aqua0 View Post

Quote from the above article, "Tiger Woods, Oprah Winfrey and Barack Obama are the Holy Trinity of African Americans white folks can worship as a way of proving they aren't racists."

I think the author is looking for justification for his own prejudices.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:32 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Yep i worship a guy who is married, but has 12 women on the side, that's my kind of worship!

Old 12-09-2009, 06:36 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:

I think it's stupid.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:47 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I think it's stupid.
I concur. What a stupid article..

Tiger Woods is notable because he's been the most successful golfer since the late 90s. The fact that he's 1/4 African American (he's mostly of Asian descent) doesn’t mean much to me in this day and age. And I don't know of any white people who's follow Tiger Woods as a way to convince themselves they aren't racist. He's simply a successful athlete.

Oprah I have no idea about, since I'm not a suburban female.

Oh..and this closing line shows how ignorant the author is.
Quote:
If there is a god in heaven in a few years Tiger Woods will be doing commercials for malt liquor or a pay day loan company.

Old 12-09-2009, 06:48 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,993,794 times
Default "How Holy The Tiger Ain't" !!!

Quote:

Greeting's,

Oh My ..... it appears that Mr.Wood's may well have set a wonderful example for everyone regarding how really important honesty, trust and devotion are in a marriage. Well done Sir !

It sadly appears that it is mainly so many of the pathetic T.V., movie and sports celebrities whom continue to provide the absolute worst possible role models for everyone else ..... and that of course includes our most vital hope for the future of this great nation ..... our youth.

"Fame and Fortune" has done absolutely nothing for some of these folks listed in the original thread except to quicken their demise and publically expose their utter shameless lifestyles!

And yet another unfortunate American disgrace for all the world to witness !

What on earth has happened to America ?

Thanks / Lamar

Old 12-09-2009, 06:53 PM

10,028 posts, read 9,500,216 times
Quote:

People worship Obama because the choice was etiher McCain or Hillary and in light of the terrible economic times, similar to Reagans victory.
Oprah has been on the air for nearly twenty five years and obviously is talented and has the right combination of talent and personality that draws a huge audience, similar to Johnny Carson.
Tiger grew up in the spotlight. He is most definitely a golfing phenom and before the affairs came out, his image of a likable all American who excelled in sports, similar to any other sports great of any color.

The view is pure cr@p.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:00 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,512,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
Greeting's,

Oh My ..... it appears that Mr.Wood's may well have set a wonderful example for everyone regarding how really important honesty, trust and devotion are in a marriage. Well done Sir !

It sadly appears that it is mainly so many of the pathetic T.V., movie and sports celebrities whom continue to provide the absolute worst possible role models for everyone else ..... and that of course includes our most vital hope for the future of this great nation ..... our youth.

"Fame and Fortune" has done absolutely nothing for some of these folks listed in the original thread except to quicken their demise and publically expose their utter shameless lifestyles!

And yet another unfortunate American disgrace for all the world to witness !

What on earth has happened to America ?

Thanks / Lamar
You think American celebrities are the only ones in the world who cheat on their spouses or that the rest of the world cares?

Do you really think this is anything new? Babe Ruth slept with hundreds of women outside of his marriage way back in the 1920s.

Old 12-09-2009, 07:01 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
beats snoop dog, the crips and p stone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies