Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:45 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,306 times

Advertisements

Not being PC isn't always about being rude or hurtful. Sometimes it is about not adhering to labels the "elite" want to place on people. Just like sometimes being PC can be offensive to some people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 08:07 AM

37,792 posts, read 40,977,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Whats wrong with being Politically INCORRECT?

I mean seriously, isn't that what our First Amendment protects? Why do we have to always watch what we say because we might "offend" someone?

I am a firm believer in those that are easily offended, aren't offended enough.

What are your thoughts?
If there weren't politically correct people running around, who would we PI's make fun of? Think about it. What if 2009 was a year of no Prius driver jokes? Free range chicken jokes? Carbon credit jokes? The Blue Collar Comedy Tour might never ride again and South Park might go the way of Noah Wylie's polar bears.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:16 AM

433 posts, read 260,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Pure bullpucky.

Hate thought? Hate crimes? Hate speak?

Who decides, you?

I go out of my way, every single day, to be politically incorrect.

no you are right its your right to step on other peoples rights. You do realize others have rights not just you. Yes hatred does trample others rights.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:18 AM

433 posts, read 260,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If there weren't politically correct people running around, who would we PI's make fun of? Think about it. What if 2009 was a year of no Prius driver jokes? Free range chicken jokes? Carbon credit jokes? The Blue Collar Comedy Tour might never ride again and South Park might go the way of Noah Wylie's polar bears.

Damn people that actually care about something.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:29 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,310,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Whats wrong with being Politically INCORRECT?

I am a firm believer in those that are easily offended, aren't offended enough.

What are your thoughts?
I agree.

Many people actually took college courses in being offended. Some of THEM had to work at a part time job to finance their education.

Old 12-11-2009, 11:30 AM

2,637 posts, read 4,459,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Not being PC isn't always about being rude or hurtful. Sometimes it is about not adhering to labels the "elite" want to place on people. Just like sometimes being PC can be offensive to some people.
I can attest to the fact, that one is not PC, they will get deleted a lot. hahahahha

Old 12-11-2009, 12:34 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,106,673 times
I wish that you who so mock people who are "PC" had to be the ones to hold a bewildered child in your arms and try to explain to them why someone they don't even know just called them a n-----. 5 minutes before they were a laughing, happy child who felt safe in the world. How to explain strangers who dislike them just because they are a different color? I guess you would just say that they should not be offended because the person was just exercising their rights.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:01 PM

3,382 posts, read 4,078,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I wish that you who so mock people who are "PC" had to be the ones to hold a bewildered child in your arms and try to explain to them why someone they don't even know just called them a n-----. 5 minutes before they were a laughing, happy child who felt safe in the world. How to explain strangers who dislike them just because they are a different color? I guess you would just say that they should not be offended because the person was just exercising their rights.
Again, no one is saying to be mean or rude to someone. PC doesnt mean not being offensive, it is how some people decided everyone else in the country should label things. So, tell me, what about when you use pc terms that people find offensive? That is supposed to be ok, just because it is PC?

Old 12-11-2009, 04:43 PM

689 posts, read 742,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhawkins74 View Post
Again, no one is saying to be mean or rude to someone. PC doesnt mean not being offensive, it is how some people decided everyone else in the country should label things. So, tell me, what about when you use pc terms that people find offensive? That is supposed to be ok, just because it is PC?
Many of these people ARE getting it confused with being just plain mean. I don't get it. It's like they are thinking that, if we don't go along with the overboard PC crap, we're just walking up to people and making fun of them...calling them names, etc. WTF? I DON'T GET what's so hard to understand that it's not the same thing.

Although i'm skeptical if we will ever get the REAL story, I'm really interested what the findings on the Hasan shooting reveals. It appears that there possibly wasn't appropriate action taken, etc. because people were afraid to offend him.

Here's the PC issue with it. If someone would have said something or had done something about his whacky behavior, SOME people would have went whacko themselves talking about how he was just being targeted or picked on. The FACT is that he maybe should have been looked at, confronted, investigated, etc. It WASN'T because of who he is, his name or his religion...it's because he displayed some whacky behavior. Should people have been mean to him for who he is if he hadn't displayed whacky behavior? Nope (That's the no one is saying people should be mean or rude to anyone part). Should something had been done about HIS ACTIONS and not worried about whether he was offended or if they would get in trouble. Hell yes (That's where PC causes problems).

Old 12-11-2009, 04:47 PM

844 posts, read 1,279,691 times
If you cant guess whats wrong with PC, start using the N word in public, as often as you want. Then start calling jewish people the K word. See how people respond to you.

Doesnt take a genious to figure out what will happen. Sad that some people want to 'bring back the old days' where that was expectable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies