Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2011, 02:11 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
You're dead wrong. Black men HATE white guys messing with black women. It isn't a particularly white thing at all.

Hate to break it to you, but whites are more accepting of IRR than blacks.
I don't have a problem with white men dating or marrying black women. My brother in law is white.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:03 PM

35 posts, read 93,439 times
i don't see interracial relationships as being the problem.i see uneducated,foolish morons who call someone a racist because they choose to date within their own race ,the real problem.

Old 02-14-2011, 10:01 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I don't have a problem with white men dating or marrying black women. My brother in law is white.

He's making blanket statements,
he has no idea what's he talking about.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:48 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTEEL View Post
i don't see interracial relationships as being the problem.i see uneducated,foolish morons who call someone a racist because they choose to date within their own race ,the real problem.
Great post. Also, in my opinion there's nothing wrong with wanting to preserve phenotype. If that went away, we'd all end up being 3 or 4 shades of a cardboard-type color and that would be homogenous and deathly boooring

Old 02-22-2011, 02:14 AM

1,201 posts, read 2,347,596 times
there are probably as many reasons as there are memphis churches, and i believe that is around 2,800. one reason, i believe they don't occur regularly is because of the consequences that occur from any biracial children, which might have been conceived in the relationship. as a previous clinical therapist, who touched on this issue from time to time, it was my strong opinion that the consequences that biracial children experienced from their biraciality seemed to consequently haunt them on the playground, in school, in school activities, and in other childhood activities. many of the students and children w/ whom i had regular contact, i often observed unexplained sadness, isolation, unusual shyness, uncontrolled anger, low self esteem, and general attention getting behavior. between the unacceptance of children of other races, their own parent (s), and other siblings, i saw some really emotionally upset and children, who were nothing but social outcasts.

other reasons inter-racial relationships often fail to succeed centers around social pressures from outside the relationship. people marrying who have large age gaps, homosexuals having relationships w/ homosexuals, and foreign cultural barriers brought to a relationship, brings burdens that are all to often to difficult to surmount.

significant differences in language culture, social culture, different perceptions of what beauty is to one racial group over another. hair texture, wide noses, large posteriors, skin tone, etc., are other examples i believe tend to make interacial relationships fail.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:37 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,372,847 times
Yeah, latinas are so sexy

Old 02-22-2011, 08:36 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
there are probably as many reasons as there are memphis churches, and i believe that is around 2,800. one reason, i believe they don't occur regularly is because of the consequences that occur from any biracial children, which might have been conceived in the relationship. as a previous clinical therapist, who touched on this issue from time to time, it was my strong opinion that the consequences that biracial children experienced from their biraciality seemed to consequently haunt them on the playground, in school, in school activities, and in other childhood activities. many of the students and children w/ whom i had regular contact, i often observed unexplained sadness, isolation, unusual shyness, uncontrolled anger, low self esteem, and general attention getting behavior. between the unacceptance of children of other races, their own parent (s), and other siblings, i saw some really emotionally upset and children, who were nothing but social outcasts.

other reasons inter-racial relationships often fail to succeed centers around social pressures from outside the relationship. people marrying who have large age gaps, homosexuals having relationships w/ homosexuals, and foreign cultural barriers brought to a relationship, brings burdens that are all to often to difficult to surmount.

significant differences in language culture, social culture, different perceptions of what beauty is to one racial group over another. hair texture, wide noses, large posteriors, skin tone, etc., are other examples i believe tend to make interacial relationships fail.
Maybe this is harder for me to conceive for this reason: I have already dealt with many situations where I wasn't accepted or treated badly for being "different". There were situations because of my personality, being "nerdy", I was often perceived as "not Black enough", therefore, it made for some "interesting" situations. I know about not being accepted. This is nothing new to me, so this really doesn't phase me.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:57 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,591,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
i appreciate your insights as a former clinical therapist, but your diction here could've been much better. the wording was hard to follow and i'm still not exactly clear on what you meant. furthermore, when you mean "too" please don't write "to", etc.

anyway i jump for joy knowing the government can't force me to marry outside my race. that would be hellish punishment. ha ha U.S. government!!! HA HA you can't force me! i repeat you can't force me! nana nana na na! that choice is sacred! nani nani na na

Old 02-23-2011, 02:50 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenejames View Post
The divorce rate of inter-racial marriages is 75%. It is believed that many who engage in mixed unions have profound emotional problems and/or are drug users. Often they seek to mock society's norms or are in rebellion against their parents.

You are about to feel the full wrath of the thought police around here, telling you how they know this one person who has been in a interracial marriage for 40 years and they are happy as can be. So the statistics that show that 99% of such relationships will either fail entirely, or will exist in basically an emotional vacuum, longing for normalcy, are really just a bunch of vastly exaggerated psuedo-science. Peddled by the ultra-conservative racist white supremacists. Who will say any lie they can make up to push their own agendas as if it was fact.

Yes, I hope you enjoy the wrath of the ideologically blinded people on this board who only choose to see what they want to see. Who are willing to basically lie to their children and throw them into a life of emptiness and instability, in an attempt to prove some kind of point about how tolerant they are. As if that means anything to anyone with a maturity level beyond high school.

I don't understand how the intentional push for generational ignorance has become virtuous. I don't understand how trying to protect the people you care about, makes you a villain. The whole world has gotten completely turned around.

Old 02-23-2011, 04:20 AM

3,085 posts, read 5,239,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
You are about to feel the full wrath of the thought police around here, telling you how they know this one person who has been in a interracial marriage for 40 years and they are happy as can be. So the statistics that show that 99% of such relationships will either fail entirely, or will exist in basically an emotional vacuum, longing for normalcy, are really just a bunch of vastly exaggerated psuedo-science. Peddled by the ultra-conservative racist white supremacists. Who will say any lie they can make up to push their own agendas as if it was fact.

Yes, I hope you enjoy the wrath of the ideologically blinded people on this board who only choose to see what they want to see. Who are willing to basically lie to their children and throw them into a life of emptiness and instability, in an attempt to prove some kind of point about how tolerant they are. As if that means anything to anyone with a maturity level beyond high school.

I don't understand how the intentional push for generational ignorance has become virtuous. I don't understand how trying to protect the people you care about, makes you a villain. The whole world has gotten completely turned around.
To hell with statistics. They may explain past human behavior but human behavior is by no means bound by them. If that were the case, I should withdraw from college at once, go sell a few drugs, rob a few banks, and knock a few women up because statistics dictate that these are the behaviors young black men from single-parent homes should be engaging in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies