Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 06:37 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times

Advertisements

Hmmmmm. If abortion were made illegal, I'd hope castration would become mandatory sentencing for rape conviction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 07:13 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
If abortion were made illegal people would just be more selective with whom they have children. Both parents would be forced to take responsibility for their actions 50/50.
You are kidding....right?
Do you really think that girls who have abortions got pregnant by choice?
How do you "select" who you have a unplanned pregnancy with?
Do you think a "selected" partner would be responsible....... that must explain all the Divorced Dad's who refuse to take care or pay for their children.
NO woman has a abortion without going through extreme soul searching and making it illegal will only feed the pockets of unscrupulous "Scumbags" who will be given easy prey to perform illegal unsafe abortions on.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:16 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I've noticed many people on CD stating that they would like to see Row v. Wade overturned and abortion made illegal or at least strictly controlled. My question is, what do you think would happen in America if abortion was indeed made illegal? Wouldn't there be a great deal of fallout from such a decision? People always discuss how they feel abortion should be made illegal but nobody discusses what would ultimately result from it becoming illegal. What do you envision happening?
The Republicans would want to dramatically decrease the amount we spend on foster children.
They would also want to decrease the amount we spend on food stamps to feed all these new hungry mouths.

You kinda get where I'm going with this.....

Old 12-13-2009, 07:17 PM

71 posts, read 50,727 times
Well then the troglodytes would move to have Christian religion the only religion allowed then mandatory to teach it in schools forcing children to pray to a false god, then they would take the woman’s vote away since the likes of Limbaugh has said that everything went down hill since that day, then we would have the power taken by the American Taliban and sister Sara Palin at the helm with suckabee.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:30 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
You are kidding....right?
Do you really think that girls who have abortions got pregnant by choice?
How do you "select" who you have a unplanned pregnancy with?
Do you think a "selected" partner would be responsible....... that must explain all the Divorced Dad's who refuse to take care or pay for their children.
NO woman has a abortion without going through extreme soul searching and making it illegal will only feed the pockets of unscrupulous "Scumbags" who will be given easy prey to perform illegal unsafe abortions on.
I dont know why you would suspect that anyone is kidding. This is not a laughing matter...at least IMO.

I dont think girls who get have abortions get pregnant by choice..Accept for rape victims, I think women who have abortions get pregnant through their own negligence and the negligence of their partners. They knowingly engage in an act that has always resulted in pregnancy with someone whom they dont want children with. Or they choose to have sex with someone who isnt financially capable of caring for children, and they themselves arent financially capable of caring for children.

Everyone except rape victims select who they have sex with...pregnancy is a consequence of sex.

If people select their partners more carefully, I suspect that the fathers who want to accept responsibility for their children would be in the majority. Many divorced couples got married for the wrong reason in the first place. They accidentally had children with someone they were not compatible with prior to marrying. Again, I think that making abortion illegal will make people choose their partners more selectively.

Old 12-13-2009, 07:34 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
I dont know why you would suspect that anyone is kidding. This is not a laughing matter...at least IMO.

I dont think girls who get have abortions get pregnant by choice..Accept for rape victims, I think women who have abortions get pregnant through their own negligence and the negligence of their partners. They knowingly engage in an act that has always resulted in pregnancy with someone whom they dont want children with. Or they choose to have sex with someone who isnt financially capable of caring for children, and they themselves arent financially capable of caring for children.

Everyone except rape victims select who they have sex with...pregnancy is a consequence of sex.

If people select their partners more carefully, I suspect that the fathers who want to accept responsibility for their children would be in the majority. Many divorced couples got married for the wrong reason in the first place. They accidentally had children with someone they were not compatible with prior to marrying. Again, I think that making abortion illegal will make people choose their partners more selectively.

Soooo....your real concern is all the poor people who will be having babies they can't pay for, correct?

Even with abortion illegal, people can still give up a kid for adoption and the kid will be in foster care...which costs states money....not the poor person who decided to become pregnant.

I agree, having children is a choice but making abortion illegal won't result in a drop in unplanned/unwanted pregnancies.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:01 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,975,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Soooo....your real concern is all the poor people who will be having babies they can't pay for, correct?

Even with abortion illegal, people can still give up a kid for adoption and the kid will be in foster care...which costs states money....not the poor person who decided to become pregnant.

I agree, having children is a choice but making abortion illegal won't result in a drop in unplanned/unwanted pregnancies.

No that is not my real concern at all...my real concern is all of the irresponsible people who make bad decisions and then cant accept the natural consequences of their actions...Poor people are cool, hell, I was poor....If abortion is illegal, I think people will be more selective about the circumstances and the person with which they have children, thus lowering adoption rates.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:04 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:

A point I need to make.

Sex does NOT always result in pregnancy.

Another, legalizing abortion has nothing to do with the increase in divorce rates. Said increase began before RvW.

Another case of anti-choice people stretching for reasons to legally eliminate abortions.

If you people spent just half the amount of time and enegry on targeted education to lower the nubmers, we could be celebrating number below 500,000 a eyar by now.

Old 12-13-2009, 08:07 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
No that is not my real concern at all...my real concern is all of the irresponsible people who make bad decisions and then cant accept the natural consequences of their actions...Poor people are cool, hell, I was poor....If abortion is illegal, I think people will be more selective about the circumstances and the person with which they have children, thus lowering adoption rates.
Wrong.

Firstly, responsible people make msitakes to. Either the rythm method fails, a condom breaks, or a woman's pills don't work, among many concerns.

Also, some 61% of women who ahve abortions already have children. What does that tell you?

Old 12-13-2009, 08:10 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Better than killing them.
The problem with your curt, seemingly morally superior argument is that you, as a conservative, refuse to invest in social well-being programs.

So, you're screwing people on both sides. You want to force them to have children and then won't support the necessary funding to ensure they can feed and raise the children well.

You can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies