Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 07:27 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,278,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yes and aren't we told repeatedly that forecasts don't mean anything? Remember the forecast for unemployment with stimulus was 8%, when it hit 10.2% we were told it was no big deal since the 8% was only a forecast? Forecasts are meaningless.

I so agree. Liberals use forecast when it makes them look better.

I posted this a few pages back and of course no response.

Someone failed to mention that the credit card industry just announced that a record number of credit cards are now over the limits.

Another liberal FORECAST!!!!

Obama did FORECAST 5 million new jobs, so since you love FORECAST how about telling us why we are not 9 million jobs in the hole according to those same FORECASTING METHODS.

Gosh is this all the liberals got to be happy about? A measly normal spending spree that was under forecast to begin with?

Yup, and unemployment was never going to go above 8% either.

How many boats to China does a liberal want anyway?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2009, 07:29 AM

77,012 posts, read 47,489,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i would like to know any other way to reduce national debt if the government refuses to stop spending.
Guide me to your new thread please

Old 12-12-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
you may object to my post, but it is clear that even christmas retail sale jumps aren't going to make a bit of difference to our overall economic health if the government doesn't stop spending, especially with congress trying to raise the debt ceiling to get them through to the next election!

by the way, personal savings are down as posted on the BEA site but i guess that is also for another thread.....

i would like to know any other way to reduce national debt if the government refuses to stop spending.

Like Chris Matthews the libs see one single trickle of anything good and they get a wet feeling down their legs.

Short lived, come the day after Christmas everything will be back to normal under Obama and going down hill fast.

And of course the message Obama sends to people is to spend your way out of a hole. What a role model he is.

Go ahead, spend everything you DON'T HAVE PEOPLE, just like Obama does.

Old 12-12-2009, 07:32 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,809,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Retail Sales in U.S Increase More Than Forecast (Update3) - Bloomberg.com

Dec. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Sales at U.S. retailers rose more than forecast in November, a sign consumer spending is gathering speed heading into 2010
Its propaganda... they are trying to tell everyone to go out and spend by trying to use the "herd effect"... they want people to spend and people to invest... reality is... it isn't going to up with 10% unemployment, people aren't going to "buy" more... however the incentive this year has been greatly ramped up compared to the last few decades... the discounts have been REAL instead of fake like the last several years... they are using the same tactic like they did last year with "herd effect"... they aren't fooling anyone but the stupid and there are many stupid people... they aren't trying to lure the discount shoppers (they make up the minority) but they are trying to lure the other shoppers...

Old 12-12-2009, 08:07 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,282,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Source?
Already posted it here (so it won't let me post the graphic again):

Scary unemployment graphic

Scroll down to post #22

As you can see - November's layoffs were least since December of 2007 (2 years ago) - which was the last time there was postive job growth. Chances are pretty darned good that positive job growth will return THIS month (and if not the almost certainly in the next month or two).

Original source of the data is: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Ken

Old 12-12-2009, 08:15 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,282,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I so agree. Liberals use forecast when it makes them look better.

I posted this a few pages back and of course no response.

Someone failed to mention that the credit card industry just announced that a record number of credit cards are now over the limits.

Another liberal FORECAST!!!!

Obama did FORECAST 5 million new jobs, so since you love FORECAST how about telling us why we are not 9 million jobs in the hole according to those same FORECASTING METHODS.

Gosh is this all the liberals got to be happy about? A measly normal spending spree that was under forecast to begin with?

Yup, and unemployment was never going to go above 8% either.

How many boats to China does a liberal want anyway?
You mean no response other than THIS ONE (which you ignored). Scroll back a couple of pages - it's there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Yup, quite a mess "Junior" left for Obama, that's for sure.
Good thing the number of monthly layoffs - which was 741,000 in the month GW walked out the door - has gone down every single month (except 1) since that time - and has now declined to 11,000 last month. From nearly THREE QUARTERS OF A MILLION down to 11,000 - and within a couple of months (maybe even less ) that's going to start reflecting monthly GAINS in jobs.

How's your math Sunny?
Not too good I suspect - so, I'll do it FOR YOU: That's a 97.6% REDUCTION in monthly layoffs from what "Junior" left him with.

Got that? a 97.6% REDUCTION

Ken

Sounds to me like you just didn't LIKE the response (too bad).

Ken

Old 12-12-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
You mean no response other than THIS ONE (which you ignored). Scroll back a couple of pages - it's there:

Sounds to me like you just didn't LIKE the response (too bad).

Ken

Goodness, 97%!

When we are in the hole 9 million jobs since the commi took over in Janurary.

And you think my math is fuzzy.

You keep posting all these fancy positives and forecast but it seems nothing you post comes about. Why not?

According to you everything is just peachy.

You seem to have forgot the new record of home foreclosure over last months under Obama.

Yes, Obama has fixed all the mess the dems created starting in 2007.

Obama, the gift that keeps on giving.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:23 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,512,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Retail Sales in U.S Increase More Than Forecast (Update3) - Bloomberg.com

Dec. 11 (Bloomberg) -- Sales at U.S. retailers rose more than forecast in November, a sign consumer spending is gathering speed heading into 2010

Retail sales always increases during the holidays.

It is all set up to make it look better than forecasted, when it is really just normal Christmas spending.

Anyone want to make a bet, that after Christmas it comes right back down.

Old 12-12-2009, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Already posted it here (so it won't let me post the graphic again):

Scary unemployment graphic

Scroll down to post #22

As you can see - November's layoffs were least since December of 2007 (2 years ago) - which was the last time there was postive job growth.

Sure they will look better, since January there is no one left in a job to get laid off!!!

Chances are pretty darned good that positive job growth will return THIS month (and if not the almost certainly in the next month or two).

You predicted this months ago and was wrong of course. But you can get that shiny positive idea that Obama is going to fix it all, but in the end you will see he has only made matters worse.

Original source of the data is: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Ken
Twist and shout all you want, you simply cannot deny that this economy has became worse under Obama then it already was.

Some people just do not get out of the house to see all the plants and factories that have closed and all those FORECLOSED signs in the windows of thousands of homes.

And to think the stimulus was suppose to create jobs and save people's home.

Guess the money went to study why moss grows on only one side of a tree instead of creating jobs and saving homes.

Obamas new slogan, SAVE A TREE - STEAL A HOME!!

Wonder when Obama will take over the foreclosed homes?

Old 12-12-2009, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Retail sales always increases during the holidays.

It is all set up to make it look better than forecasted, when it is really just normal Christmas spending.

Anyone want to make a bet, that after Christmas it comes right back down.

They are getting very desperate and have NOTHING positive to post about so they grabbed this.

ZERO accomplishments in 11 months tells the story and where we are headed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies