Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 12:38 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,401,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Well they better ramp up security then, those tea baggers are vicious.
You should try googling Tea Party Violence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 12:44 PM

5,469 posts, read 12,218,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Who ownes FreedomWorks? Who is funding these hapless morons? I think we should know.
Why? If they're "insignificant" as most think, then they pose no threat to you or Congress or anyone else, and therefore, should be no concern. More than likely, you'd let them "make fools of themselves" in order to solidify and verify the liberal base.

Why do you not think that George Soros and his moveon.org are not hapless morons? Why are you not scruitinizing their funding or actions? Just the other side of the same coin. Right?

Old 12-11-2009, 12:45 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,824,362 times
teabaggers = neocon code pink

The way they are acting they will soon be getting people tasered at their events.

Old 12-11-2009, 12:47 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,530,354 times
DrJoey--who's payroll are you on?

Old 12-11-2009, 12:55 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,764,991 times
God politics sucks.

I don't like code pink. I don't like Acorn. I don't like freedom works. I don't like teabaggers. I don't like Bush haters. I don't like Obama haters. Maybe I am just a snobby centrist afterall lol.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:32 PM

190 posts, read 210,034 times
Although I disagree with the teabaggers on every level, I have to admit that they sure have some sack trying to storm the Senate, and put it right up in the Senators' faces.

Unfortunately for them, their attempts will probably only result in another flaccid media sideshow (like all of their earlier shennanigans).

Old 12-11-2009, 01:36 PM

17,389 posts, read 11,938,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
teabaggers = neocon code pink

The way they are acting they will soon be getting people tasered at their events.
What way are they acting? I've seen no behavior that would get people tasered. By the Tea Party Patriots, anyway. Now SEIU members, different story.....

Old 12-11-2009, 01:40 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,002,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
How about the politicians that have put this nation into a position of having $19 trillion of debt at the end of 2019? Nothing like a little government worshiping...

You should ask yourself what will happen to all those people when the nation files bankruptcy. You think that "free" health care will mean anything...
How about that 500 Billion we spend on bases around the World EVERY YEAR?

I am not a government worshiper - I am Libertarian in views, except health care. Until someone repeals the IRS, I am forced to pay taxes. I just as soon see it go for something I can use, or to benefit another, than to see my tax dollars go to Wars of choice. I am for Universal Health Care as long as we have a tax system.

If we went back to a place when technology didn't play such a big role in medicine or it's cost, or before HMO's/PPO's ruined the system - I would say no health care reform would be needed.

I have said it before:

There was a time when the relationship between a patient and a doctor was simple - it was not for profit. The community supported their doctors. Doctors were right up there with clergy in regards to their role in a community.

One of my pet peeves is:
Medicare Advantage (used to be Kaiser). Since its inception it has been touted to save the government money - it has done the opposite. The government pays Insurance Companies a "BIG" subsidy for it - estimated $850 per person who is enrolled in Medicare Advantage.
That's a lot of cash (Billions) going to Private Insurance Companies from a Government run health care system.

Ask your self why Insurance Companies are fighting so hard to keep Medicare Advantage and Congressmen are fighting so hard along side of them? PROFIT
If Insurance Companies want to be "truly Private" get out of Medicare.

Old 12-11-2009, 01:45 PM

56 posts, read 84,386 times
Default Great post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Go tea baggers!
We demand our right to choose which healthcare insurance company will screw us over!
We demand our right to be denied coverage for pre existing conditions!
We demand our right to over pay for medication while those dumb Canadians pay half what we do!
We demand to pay for coverage that outpaces the rate of inflation!
I think I'll save this one. If only they knew how to reason? People just like them started the Nazi movement. Some Tea baggers are going to see your post and think yor're on their side. Go Figure......

Old 12-11-2009, 01:49 PM

23,666 posts, read 23,982,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNort View Post
For all of you who don't believe in Free Speech--Please BE QUIET!
PJTV - Klavan on Culture: Shut Up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies