Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:22 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_from_Debary View Post
While I certainly don't agree with everything she says...she is FAR from heterophobic, I watch her daily...I can enjoy her AND still not buy her party line 100%...

I do think her views on a 911 conspiracy are a little out there...

She does amazing charity work and is a very caring person in general. She does NOT compare out troops to terrorists, FAR from it, in fact she has protested in favor of getting more help for injured soldiers at Walter Reed when the current administration has left them to suffer...

There is nothing wrong with not caring for someone's political stand or even someones general manner in getting their point across but making accusations that simply are not founded is not called for...AND its so often said about Rosie and many others.

Rosie had Sawyer from Lost on the View and I thought she was going to end up in his lap, she even said she had a thing for him, she has spoken openly about the fact that she had lived with and loved a man before...

Rosie made a statement against making a certain vaccine mandatory in a state where the governor was in bed with the pharmacuetical company, I completely agree...that does not however mean that she is against children being protected, she thinks as do I that the decision to do so should not be influenced by the drug manufacturer who has a financial stake in the success of their vaccine.

It was said that Rosie thought drunk driving was OK...when in reality she asked the audience with no cameras on them, while we all know its wrong who can really stand up and say they have NEVER done it...many people do and are not caught...

Rosie and other strong women like her are taken out of context all the time by a media that is driven by men looking for a way to undermine the message women have to offer...
man, are you rosie's publicist or what? thanks for writing an excellent post in defense of rosie. she does a lot of good. i think that people just don't like when a strong woman stands up for herself and refuses to sit at the back of the bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 11:53 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foma View Post
Okay sheena, now I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious!

You know I haven't kept up with the news and I'm getting my info from both sides of the isle here. I take what both sides have to say and then I analyze and try to figure out what makes sense.

So you say Rosie is anti gun but her body guards carry guns for her protection but she doesn't want the public to have the same protection? So I think about this and then I analyze it and then I say something is not right with this picture. Then I say to myself hmmmm Rosie sounds like she may be speaking with forked tongue.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:00 AM

610 posts, read 3,319,775 times
My, My. How do I say this? Hmmmm ...
Okay, I've always liked Rosie - but my expectations are not extreme. I mean, half the folks are right maybe - she just might be a pig - but really, you might be too ... and I mean no insult by that. You might not be - she might not be either.
I just kinda like her for being Rosie. She gots herself a big mouth - and sometimes, she knows how to use it ... and sometimes, she's got one of her feet in it. No big deal.
She's one of us ... except with money ... ... and media attention

Old 05-19-2007, 12:06 AM

4,300 posts, read 14,956,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyMtnr View Post
My, My. How do I say this? Hmmmm ...
Okay, I've always liked Rosie - but my expectations are not extreme. I mean, half the folks are right maybe - she just might be a pig - but really, you might be too ... and I mean no insult by that. You might not be - she might not be either.
I just kinda like her for being Rosie. She gots herself a big mouth - and sometimes, she knows how to use it ... and sometimes, she's got one of her feet in it. No big deal.
She's one of us ... except with money ... ... and media attention

I haven't heard anyone call her a pig except Trump.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:06 AM

4,273 posts, read 15,252,569 times
Sorry, I don't have that much time on my hands but you're more than welcome to counter what I say all you want. I'm okay with that. I don't like Rosie and I think she's an idiot. Things that come out of her mouth are ignorant and I've never agreed on any of her standpoints. If you disagree, by al means, go right ahead. It is afterall, a free country.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:08 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,450,502 times
Quote:
Sorry, I don't have that much time on my hands but you're more than welcome to counter what I say all you want. I'm okay with that. I don't like Rosie and I think she's an idiot. Things that come out of her mouth are ignorant and I've never agreed on any of her standpoints. If you disagree, by al means, go right ahead. It is afterall, a free country.
Sorry, it's on you. Provide a link to back up your assertions or your words are meaningless.

Old 05-19-2007, 12:10 AM

Okay, I'm meaningless. Can we move on now or are we going to continue this?

Old 05-19-2007, 12:12 AM

4,250 posts, read 10,450,502 times
Quote:
Okay, I'm meaningless. Can we move on now or are we going to continue this?
Hey, you started the thread. Don't be surprised when I jump in. It's on you now.

4,410 posts, read 6,138,039 times
Quote:
So the whole point of your thread was to make you feel better about your hatred ('dislike') of Rosie? You wrote that you "don't have that much time on my hands" to discuss opposing viewpoints, but you start and monitor a 7-hour old thread like this one?

Uhhh ... okay, it's on me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies