U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 07:14 AM

309 posts, read 1,118,401 times

Advertisements

Greetings,
My Grandmother always said, if your a politican you will lie to get the vote.... Can this be happening now?
Is this a set up for Joe Biden to take the seat? Did you catch on the interview with Oprah, (which it didn't looked all that cozy) she asked him somthing about if the Plans he had didn't work or something like that and he said I Will disappear? Then retracted and said I will take responsibility for what happens? Did anyone hear that question right?
BET you Palin is the next president......
Be Blessed
Be Blessed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 07:21 AM

4,831 posts, read 6,214,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
How in the heck are businesses to expand or even begin (new business) if Banks are not loaning any money? I'd be happy if the U.S. Government slapped wall streeters with heavy fines. They're controlling the money supply, which means, they have money, but are not loaning. tightwads.
where was there fiscal responsibility for past 8 years. Bills were introduced to regulate, and bush swept them under the rug.
The right made this mess, passed it onto the democratic party and are now blaming the democratic party for their messes.
You cannot fight 2 wars and cut taxes, period.
Boy what revisionist history are you reading? Both parties went along for the ride with token proposals. If it leaned anyway it was the left that ignored calls to concern over Fanny Mae, Freddie Mac, etc.. That being said they are all to blame.

blowoutcongress.com

Old 12-15-2009, 08:37 AM

2,480 posts, read 2,889,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Boy what revisionist history are you reading? Both parties went along for the ride with token proposals. If it leaned anyway it was the left that ignored calls to concern over Fanny Mae, Freddie Mac, etc.. That being said they are all to blame.

blowoutcongress.com
I've provided links in other posts to how the last admin. didn't reall want to regulate the financial industry (fannie and freddy, aig, etc). I won't find and post them any longer, because people here seem to be brainwashed or don't want to see it or hear it.
Yeah, both parties share guilt, but the republican party could have done something, but also won on the platform of less Government intervention, and that's what they practiced to a T.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 AM

Quote:
I've provided links in other posts to how the last admin. didn't reall want to regulate the financial industry (fannie and freddy, aig, etc). I won't find and post them any longer, because people here seem to be brainwashed or don't want to see it or hear it.
Yeah, both parties share guilt, but the republican party could have done something, but also won on the platform of less Government intervention, and that's what they practiced to a T.
I don't have the desire to beat a dead horse but just do a little diligence and you will find You-Tube video after video showing the exact opposite and in their own words. Hint search Barney Franks, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Raines, etc.. Let's at least be intellectually honest about this and not spin the truth.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I don't have the desire to beat a dead horse but just do a little diligence and you will find You-Tube video after video showing the exact opposite and in their own words. Hint search Barney Franks, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Raines, etc.. Let's at least be intellectually honest about this and not spin the truth.
Dear doctor, I'm not spinning anything, I have read what the dead hose did way back then, and it wasn't ethical either. Being intellectually honest here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/20/bu....16321064.html

Last edited by Hombre57; 12-15-2009 at 09:13 AM..

Old 12-15-2009, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Dear doctor, I'm not spinning anything, I have read what the dead hose did way back then, and it wasn't ethical either. Being intellectually honest here.
Then I take it you agree both parties bear fault and none is innocent? That is what I am trying to get at, you can't trust either.

blowoutcongress.com

Old 12-15-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Then I take it you agree both parties bear fault and none is innocent? That is what I am trying to get at, you can't trust either.

blowoutcongress.com
Of course. But when someone has the opportunity to stop a foreseen trainwreck and does nothing, there's definitely something wrong with that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies