Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2009, 06:01 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,339,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I was born Jewish yet I strongly prefer "Merry Christmas". I can't stand political correctness.
sounds like you prefer "merry christmas" for the same reason that a lot of kids prefer to marry someone that appears to be chosen specifically because they know their parents will not approve! It's called rebellion!

Old 12-14-2009, 06:07 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,070,847 times
plain and simple, I use both. I say "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays". Not all celebrations at this time of year are religeous holidays. Take my family for example. We celebrate Christmas followed by kwanzaa.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:43 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,197,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh calm down...I for one never have expected you christians to EVER be considerate of others and you are still free to be as nasty and self-centered as you wish....and have been...historically.
Just so im clear, someone who is christian who in their heart wish you well and wish you merry christmas are nasty and self centered?

So you feel the right to judge someone nasty and self centered if they in their heart are wishing you well in saying merry christmas.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:46 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,067,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Just so im clear, someone who is christian who in their heart wish you well and wish you merry christmas are nasty and self centered?

So you feel the right to judge someone nasty and self centered if they in their heart are wishing you well in saying merry christmas.

Is that what you got out of that post?

Old 12-14-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Is that what you got out of that post?
i used quotes words. So yes

Old 12-14-2009, 06:48 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,067,320 times
Wow. Okay

Old 12-14-2009, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Wow. Okay
I certainly would not wish the OP merry Christmas in order not to be seen as a nasty self centered person because my greeting was meant to wish him/her well. Seeing his hate for Christan's who he believes are self centered and nasty for th greeting.
I think all you anti Christian people need to wear a certain color so we know not to wish you well by wishing you a merry Christmas.
I would not enjoy being seen as nasty and self centered for doing so.

Why don't all of you Christian haters get together and come up with a uniform for this time of year , we then would know who we can wish a merry Christmas too. Just do not get mad if someone wished you a merry Christmas if you are out of uniform

Old 12-14-2009, 07:03 AM

20,170 posts, read 24,266,606 times
This is such an interesting and refreshingly different thread.

My two cents involve the fact that as a virile senior citizen (whose physical equipment remains in tip-top functioning order) I am grateful for having the opportunity at office parties and similar functions to dress up in a red suit, trimmed in white fur, wear a false beard, and pretend to be a jolly bestower of gifts and good cheer, while young women, many of whom have imbibed cocktails or chardonnay, willingly plunk themselves on my knee and tell me what they want. And sometimes do so while charmingly bouncing.

The ensuing interrogation, which involves their telling me the ways in which they've ben good or naughty, is also often delightful.

Merry Christmas? You betcha, Sarah.

Or is it Heather? Hey. Give them a reindeer cup filled with rum-stoked eggnog and they all become Santa's little elves.

Old 12-14-2009, 07:11 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,721,097 times
If I should wish someone a "Merry Christmas", I will I know they are Christian before saying this?

Old 12-14-2009, 07:36 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,099,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post

No(as I watch the post go over someone's head like a comet).....I was referring to christians who are so concerned about forcing others to say certain words whether they wish to or not....christians who go out of their way to raise a stink about some words...christians who use "Merry Christmas" as a weapon....and their continuing arrogance in thinking they are the ONLY religion in this country.

Ya know they won't be for long if they whimper and whine like babies over the use of a word
Not very strong faith , is it??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies