Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2009, 03:52 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,563,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReluctantGardenStater View Post
I don't exactly believe immigration from the Third World nations into the nations of the West is a good idea.
Do you know how ridiculous that statement is? You are speaking of quantifying American-ness. One of my ancestors was on the Mayflower, and my grandfather was born in Boston. And yet I am a "Third World Immigrant". My husband and I have have many years of ivy league education, I work in a field that is always in great need of well-educated, experienced people, such as myself. My home language is English. I have always paid taxes here, never been on unemployment, my children were born here. I am assuming you were speaking of some uneducated native waiting for a hand-out or of people like me? Generalizations are very dangerous, and I would say you are poorly informed and extremely prejudiced.

Old 12-15-2009, 04:05 PM

41 posts, read 121,675 times
Merry Christmas to all!

Old 12-15-2009, 04:18 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
No, they do not. Just as a Christian does not deserve (and does not get) that level of protection when he enters a Muslim land. What's funny is that if you preached this type of liberalism in many of the Gulf monarchies or Iran, you would either be lynched, assassinated, or treated to a state-sponsored hanging/beheading.

If I responded to every point of every post I would be here all night, but the bold sentence is the perfect example of why the U.S., Canada, the European nations, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa (the West) are going down the tubes.
I just asked a simple question.....

I ask you who you believe created these Not White people....what's the matter? Can't figure it out???

Why are you so afraid/reluctant to answer that question?

Old 12-15-2009, 04:22 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
As I said earlier, everything in its place.

I don't exactly believe immigration from the Third World nations into the nations of the West is a good idea.

Ah. So you don't believe that the founding principles of the US were good ideas?

Old 12-15-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
The descendants of Europe, their view of American history, which yes includes the Pilgrims. American English, obviously. British English for Britain. Esperanto is a big fat failure. Primarily Protestantism.

It depends what you mean by "minorities".

As for your last sentence, it's a bit overdramatic. I'm a white straight male, but I'm not Anglo-Saxon, I was raised Catholic (although adhere to a Protestant denomination now), and I'm pretty much a moderate politically.
I just spotted this:

""""but I'm not Anglo-Saxon, I was raised Catholic """"

OH MY! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Let's not beat around the bush.

You know exactly what I mean.
Speaking of beating around the bush...or hiding...

I just asked a simple question.....

I ask you who you believe created these Not White people....what's the matter? Can't figure it out???

Why are you so afraid/reluctant to answer that question?

Old 12-15-2009, 05:48 PM

221 posts, read 228,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
The last time I checked America is mostly a Christian country and Christmas has been a national celebration since this nation's founding. If immigrants are offended by this, then why do they come here?

If I were to immigrate to Isreal, I wouldn't complain about someone telling me "Happy Hanukkah". Nor would I be offended if I immigrated to a Muslim country and someone told me "Happy Ramadan".

America was created by Europeans. And Europeans have made up most of the population of this nation ever since. If you don't like the fact that this country has customs based on Western Civilization and Christianity, then please leave. Don't stay here and make things miserable for the majority population.

Now I am just waiting for someone to say "well the Native Americans were here first". What I have to say to that in response is that this continent was wildnerness when they lived here. Immigrants didn't have any interest in coming here until Europeans carved a great nation out of an uncivilized continent. So your argument will have no validity to this topic.
Happy Holidays to you and your families!

Old 12-15-2009, 06:27 PM

207 posts, read 324,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
Ah. So you don't believe that the founding principles of the US were good ideas?
Where does it say that the founding fathers wanted Third World people to take over America? Why were there so many laws immediately put in place saying that only free , white, men, could own land? Why were our immigration laws designed for so long to keep this country 90% European? It wasn't until 1965, when the demented liberals took over, that we threw our hands up in the air and said, "anybody can be an American".

You must not know your history.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:29 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,044,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr99a05 View Post
Where does it say that the founding fathers wanted Third World people to take over America? Why were there so many laws immediately put in place saying that only free , white, men, could own land? Why were our immigration laws designed for so long to keep this country 90% European? It wasn't until 1965, when the demented liberals took over, that we threw our hands up in the air and said, "anybody can be an American".

You must not know your history.
I could be mistaken, but I thought this country was founded on immigration.

But if you're so keen to go back to the racist days of only white men having rights, that's your perogative.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:31 PM

207 posts, read 324,891 times
Thank you, ReluctantGardenStater, and others, for your intelligent posts supporting my argument.

I would like to ask the liberals a question. Why is it only white countries that are supposed to accept multiculturalism? Why are white countries the only countries that must inflict self genocide on their populations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies