Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 05:39 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,488,111 times

Advertisements

Too bad it is...harryreidcare

& not

harrymiaflcare...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2009, 06:13 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Scrap it and have a single-payer system.

Unfortunately the bill won't be scrapped and the insurance companies will receive their bailout.

Old 12-15-2009, 03:42 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Guess you are correct, Obama got elected and "most" of those people would trade their vote in a heartbeat.

The left overs are the ones you are talking about. Scary that they probably signed their registration forms with an X.

Sunny-Days yeah ha, it is the left over ones that we need to worry about!

Old 12-15-2009, 03:54 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,496 times
This current bill is complete garbage

They are trying to get rid of public option which pisses off most Dems/Liberals

They are trying to get funding for abortions which pisses off about 75% of Americans

So basically they are going to have a bill that only a few fundamentalist hardline dems will be happy with and the other 90% of us will dislike

Start over, expand medicare temporarily, cut taxes on businesses with those extra profits going toward company healthcare plans, put a watchdog group over the drug industry, institute tort reform and don't cover abortions.

Oh, and get that moron Reid away from our livlihoods, that "man" is a complete pile of garbage

Old 12-15-2009, 03:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
They need to start over and make smaller, well thought-out changes instead of this "OMG THE SKY IS FALLING IF WE DONT PASS BIG, SWEEPING REFORM NOW" nonsense.

This ia and always has been my take on this power grab.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:42 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Definitely not time to start over. We will have a start, make no mistake about that. A bill that will, although flawed, get us moving in the right direction and continually evolve over time.
Golly gee, Bob, I have been looking for someone who knows what Harrycare has in it. None of the Senators seem to know but maybe Durbin and he says he doesn't know anymore. I am sure some severe changes were made today in the caucus with the President but if you know so much about what is in it now that Dirty Harry has changed it so often I sure would appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me and the rest of the fine people here. Can we await your report with bated breath?

Old 12-15-2009, 08:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Scrap it and have a single-payer system.

Unfortunately the bill won't be scrapped and the insurance companies will receive their bailout.
How many times do you have to see me say that Barney Frank said much earlier that they just don't have the votes for single payer but public option will be one big step toward it? I guess you never did get to hear old Barney say that.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:03 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpenny View Post
I am not sure, I think that scrapping it may hurt people that deserve it like the pig Lieberman, but it will also give a win to the retarded neocons. This country is just crap and I am becoming anti american. I think this country has become so corrupted it is almost time to scrap it and start over. Mexico is looking good. If they make it so we can go to Cuba I may head over there. Viva la Castro.
Which "corrupted" individuals bother you most? Lieberman and his Connecticut insurance buddies, or Obama and his backroom deals with Big Pharma?

I don't believe either one of those individuals could be considered "retarded neocons."

Old 12-16-2009, 06:28 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Golly gee, Bob, I have been looking for someone who knows what Harrycare has in it. None of the Senators seem to know but maybe Durbin and he says he doesn't know anymore. I am sure some severe changes were made today in the caucus with the President but if you know so much about what is in it now that Dirty Harry has changed it so often I sure would appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me and the rest of the fine people here. Can we await your report with bated breath?
Perhaps some assistance is needed.
http://help.senate.gov/BAI09A84_xml.pdf (broken link)

The specifics of the " Lieberman compromise", quite simple really, remove Public Option for Medicare buy in. Now, however, it seems Lieberman backtracks and needs additional "stroking", eliminate the buy in. Who knows, Lieberman may need additional ego boost. The result is a degraded bill, but the fundamental inclusions of the bill are still there. Although the absence of a Public Option right now is hurtful, the inevitability of it down the road has not changed. The direction that the Senate bill as well as the House bill is aiming us, is what is important. The problems we all, either face now, or in the future, are massive. There is absolutely no way a perfect bill can be constructed in one effort. The final resulting bill will just be the first step of an ever evolving process. Regretfully, we have to "pay off" various special interests and ego stoke several legislators, along the way, but that's our system. Certainly there are other ancillary things that will be hashed out during the development of a final bill for signing. But, that first step will be taken.

Old 12-16-2009, 10:54 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
This bill is about saving face. They're going to pass it, regardless of what the people want and regardless of what bad legislation it is. They don't care about its cost, will lie about it anyway, and since it doesn't take affect for years, they can likely dodge any harm that will come of it.

cololt: That is what all this nonsense is really about, them saving face isn't it. Seems like they want it passed, for their agenda rather then for the sake of it's People. President seems bent on this happening and soon. This is crappy legislation, and they know it, that is why their agenda is to get this puppy passed and soon. They have to kind of save face, i guess, but i cannot see passing this bill. Can't they propose something better for us, then the crap they are trying to shove down our throats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies