Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2010, 12:17 AM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Really? How? By shedding crocodile tears on tv?
LOL...
I suppose you think Chris Matthews on MSNBC is more credible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 05:37 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Yes, what is the point of the "Hussein" in every comment anyway? Is it meant to be purely inflammatory? Or are you pointing out that he has a "scary name"? Or are you just going to hide behind it and just say "It's his middle name" and be disingenuous about your true intent?
What is it about that middle name that is so upsetting to supporters when it is used. Seems they have a gut reaction to it. Maybe because they don't like it? It is, after all, his middle name. It's OK to use anybody else's middle name, why not Obama's?

Old 01-06-2010, 01:43 PM

353 posts, read 552,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
I have looked it up. When Beck first started attack Van Jones I did quite a bit of research. It was clear that Beck had his facts wrong and spinning other material.

Where is your link for the second arrest?

Glenn Beck's Crazy Lies About Van Jones | Environment | AlterNet
What facts did he have wrong? Van Jones was arrested twice. He was in jail and he was a self professed communist.
"I met all these young radical people of color -- I mean really radical, communists and anarchists. And it was, like, 'This is what I need to be a part of.'" ....... "I spent the next ten years of my life working with a lot of those people I met in jail, trying to be a revolutionary."......... "I was a rowdy nationalist on April 28th, and then the verdicts came down on April 29th," ........."By August, I was a communist."
Those are Van Jones' own words.
Where is the lie that Beck told? What facts are wrong?

Old 01-06-2010, 01:46 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,071,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
What is it about that middle name that is so upsetting to supporters when it is used. Seems they have a gut reaction to it. Maybe because they don't like it? It is, after all, his middle name. It's OK to use anybody else's middle name, why not Obama's?
Because it's obvious they're doing it to purposely antagonize middle easterners but they hide behind the innocent "I'm just calling him by his middle name" argument. The user who frequently does that is the same one condoning the Psalm 108 campaign. He/she really isn't fooling anyone.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Because it's obvious they're doing it to purposely antagonize middle easterners but they hide behind the innocent "I'm just calling him by his middle name" argument. The user who frequently does that is the same one condoning the Psalm 108 campaign. He/she really isn't fooling anyone.
I don't understand *why* it would antagonize middle easterners. I think it's a common middle eastern name.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:09 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Quote:
"Because it's obvious they're doing it to purposely antagonize middle easterners"
Let me assure you, no one is trying to antagonize the middle easterners, we only want our Middle Eastern President to start doing his job, and stop being so crooked. The pres is a very bad man...

Old 01-06-2010, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I don't understand *why* it would antagonize middle easterners. I think it's a common middle eastern name.
It's pretty obvious they're using it in a derogatory way.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
"Because it's obvious they're doing it to purposely antagonize middle easterners"
Let me assure you, no one is trying to antagonize the middle easterners, we only want our Middle Eastern President to start doing his job, and stop being so crooked. The pres is a very bad man...
So then why do they go out of their way to call him "Hussein" as though Middle Easterners are "very bad men"?

Old 01-06-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I wouldn't call him bad. He's probably well intentioned. Just in over his head, in a job that might just be a bit above his pay grade. He said he was going to count heavily on the people he surrounds himself with, and now it appears he's going to have to get rid of some of them - who knows how many - but at least he may realize he doesn't have the advisors he needs. Or, maybe he's going to get rid of those who disagree with his course of action on a lot of things.

Old 01-06-2010, 02:47 PM

353 posts, read 552,147 times
Quote:
So then why do they go out of their way to call him "Hussein" as though Middle Easterners are "very bad men"?
They go out of their way because they like to rile up the PC crowd that loves to get offended on others behalf.
Stop making it a big issue and it will go away.
Its only fun to antagonize people that cry and whine. Stop the whining and crying and the problems solved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies