Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:52 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
How about the Evangelical who killed the OBGYN physician who performed abortions? What about the Evangelicals who murdered homosexuals because they felt gays were evil. Sure, in terms of body count, the Taliban trumps Evangelicals but they share the same philosophy which the imposing of their religious beliefs and lifestyle concepts on the public ie banning stem cell research, banning gay marriage, banning evolution, sex education and other scientific principles from being taught in schools, censorship over music and entertainment...I could go on
That was an evangelical? Never reported as such. No one wants to ban stem cell research---they want to stop embryo stem cell research which is quite different and found to be much inferior anyway. Teach evolution as a theory which it is, not solid science. Some want religion kept out of schools others want social issues out of schools. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 12:57 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,296,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That was an evangelical? Never reported as such. No one wants to ban stem cell research---they want to stop embryo stem cell research which is quite different and found to be much inferior anyway. Teach evolution as a theory which it is, not solid science. Some want religion kept out of schools others want social issues out of schools. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
No he was a Muslim Did he need to wear a t-shirt with Evangelical printed on it? He was an admitted fundamentalist who claimed he shot the physician based on his fundamentalist Christian views. If he is not an Evangelical then according to your logic, Hasan is not a Muslim terrorist. That's how absurd your statement is. Embryonic stem cell research is not inferior and many in the scientific community including former Republican Senator, conservative and Harvard trained physician Bill Frist disagreed with the former President's stance on embryonic stem chell research. Evolution has always been taught as a theory but the Evangelicals don't even want that taught in schools.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:02 AM

608 posts, read 923,674 times
Quote:
Most Americans would say we are a country that believes in the separation of church and state and are not a religious state like Israel regardless if the majority of Americans are Christians.
C'mon man! Drop the PC bul****! Christianity built our great nation so don't down it. Even if you aren't a believer, Merry Christmass won't kill you. Stop the insanity, respect our nation's past (and present), and quit trying to be an activist! It's not a sin to be proud of where we're from, or who we are, so why knock it just to make everyone else happy? Even the Liberal, PC crowd needs a break sometime right?

Old 12-15-2009, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
C'mon man! Drop the PC bul****! Christianity built our great nation so don't down it. Even if you aren't a believer, Merry Christmass won't kill you. Stop the insanity, respect our nation's past (and present), and quit trying to be an activist! It's not a sin to be proud of where we're from, or who we are, so why knock it just to make everyone else happy? Even the Liberal, PC crowd needs a break sometime right?
Merry Christmas! I never said it killed me saying it but saying Happy Holidays won't kill you either. Look I know you want to pretend that your group of Evangelicals speak on behalf of all Christians but you don't. I respect your beliefs even if I disagree with them. Likewise, show respect to the rest of the country and quit trying to impose your set of fundamentalist beliefs on the entire country like the Taliban. Seriously, wake up and realize you live in a country where not everyone thinks like you. This isn't the United States of Bibleland

Old 12-15-2009, 01:11 AM

366 posts, read 297,368 times
Quote:
Why does the American Taliban (Evangelicals) think of our country as a Christian-only state? The only people who I've experienced offended by saying Happy Holidays as opposed to Merry Christmas are these American Taliban aka Evangelicals. Seriously, it's just like the Taliban in Afghanistan. They want to impose their religious views on the entire country. The United States is not the Christian equivalent of Israel or any Islamic nation. We are a country that embraces and recognizes our diversity. What is really offensive is idea that all Christians are all alike. The Evangelicals pretend all Christians are just like them. Christians vary considerably in the practices and beliefs. Evangelical specific Christians make up a minority of the population. To impose their views on non-Evangelical Christians, Jews, Hindus, Muslims, Buddhists, Agnostics and Atheists is not what the country embraces. The weakness to their argument lay in the insistence that we are the Christian equivalent of Israel. Israel is established as a Jewish state. We are the United States of America which means we are a country that respect all faiths and races.
Get over your hate. It would do you a world of good.

And BTW, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

Old 12-15-2009, 01:12 AM

608 posts, read 923,674 times
Quote:
Nice try but people are not offended by Merry Christmas. It's the Evangelicals like yourself who got their feelings hurt because the greeter at the mall said Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas. Don't you guys have anything better to be upset at? Who cares if someone says Happy Holidays. Don't worry Santa will still visit you and leave you with some great fishing bait even if you say Happy Holidays
I need the bait actually, but why are you so angry? I don't even attend a church. I do believe in God, but I'm not here to make you believe. C'mon man, why do you try to hate Christmass so much? It's ok for you to allow EVERY OTHER religeous group to be content, but you seem to have an issue with Christians. Chill out. I won't force you to follow Christ, but please respect me, and quit talking sh** about my maker, and Christians in general! If you wish me Happy Hollidays, I wish you the same as well, but NEVER judge me for respecting the birth of my saviour!

Old 12-15-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by free_food View Post
Get over your hate. It would do you a world of good.

And BTW, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!
Great point, let's just hate on those who say Happy Holidays! That's doing you a world of good now isn't it?

Old 12-15-2009, 01:15 AM

366 posts, read 297,368 times
Quote:
Great point, let's just hate on those who say Happy Holidays! That's doing you a world of good now isn't it?
Yes it is!

Old 12-15-2009, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishing View Post
I need the bait actually, but why are you so angry? I don't even attend a church. I do believe in God, but I'm not here to make you believe. C'mon man, why do you try to hate Christmass so much? It's ok for you to allow EVERY OTHER religeous group to be content, but you seem to have an issue with Christians. Chill out. I won't force you to follow Christ, but please respect me, and quit talking sh** about my maker, and Christians in general! If you wish me Happy Hollidays, I wish you the same as well, but NEVER judge me for respecting the birth of my saviour!
FYI, I celebrate Christmas. I have a fake Target Christmas tree. I have lights on my house. I love giving gifts. I engage in charity...I love Christmas. I tell people Merry Christmas but I have no problem saying Happy Holidays either. I'm not angry friend, you are. You have issues telling people Happy Holidays. If you were not angry, you could care less about this issue

Again you don't speak on behalf of me and all Christians. Show me and other Christians respect and quit trying to impose your fundamentalist ways on the entire country. Just because I don't believe in the way you interpret the Bible doesn't make me any less of a Christian. I'm not an Evangelical...it doesn't mean I'm not a Christian

Old 12-15-2009, 01:23 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I really don't think there are that many people who have a problem with "happy holidays", even among evangelicals. And mostly the ones that do just follow the herd and think they are SUPPOSED to be upset because someone on the tv or some mass email told them it was anti christian or something. It's only the gulliable who are effected. And the internet trolls who like to stir things up just because.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies