Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should taxpayers be paying for abortions?
Yes 7 38.89%
No 11 61.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 07:49 AM

292 posts, read 543,929 times

Advertisements

Baptist Press - Senate OKs abortion funds for D.C. - News with a Christian Perspective

I don't think the taxpayers should be paying for women to get abortions. Many people are opposed to abortions and I am one of them. We've finally gotten the abortion rate down, but now, apparently Obama is trying to increase the number of murders of innocent lives.

I honestly don't see how a woman having an abortion, killing an innocent life is "health care." Health care is getting treated for cancer, going to the doctor to checked up, and taking medication for high blood pressure. Terminating a human life does NOT fall under any of these categories.

Last edited by flguy1192; 12-15-2009 at 08:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 07:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
An abortion is just another medical procedure that should receive government funding. The decision to discontinue is the pregnant women's and only hers. The government, if funding any medical procedures, should fund abortion as well.

I object to bombing towns in Iraq and Afghanistan that kill people yet we publically fund those atrocities. The bombs kill unborn babies, living babies and their mothers and fathers. Now here is a moral issue for all of the anti abortion busybodies to care about.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:02 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Taxpayers funding abortion? No.
Taxpayers funding birth control? Hell yes.

If the anti abortion groups were serious about ending all abortions they would be handing out the pill and condoms like candy at Halloween. Since they are not I can only assume they are out to spread their version of christianity - and there is no place for that shiite in the US.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:48 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,862,875 times
I suspect this is just another instance of christians attempting to make their beliefs, law of the land. This country has freedom of religion, and, if it is your wish, freedom from religion too.

Old 12-15-2009, 08:59 AM

173 posts, read 364,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flguy1192 View Post
Baptist Press - Senate OKs abortion funds for D.C. - News with a Christian Perspective

I don't think the taxpayers should be paying for women to get abortions. Many people are opposed to abortions and I am one of them. We've finally gotten the abortion rate down, but now, apparently Obama is trying to increase the number of murders of innocent lives.

I honestly don't see how a woman having an abortion, killing an innocent life is "health care." Health care is getting treated for cancer, going to the doctor to checked up, and taking medication for high blood pressure. Terminating a human life does NOT fall under any of these categories.
Don't listen to the three posters above
Government should NOT fund abortions
[Mod edited]
Stop sucking the blood and sweat of people's money for your crap

Stop imposing your will as well since you scream like a hyena when the '' psychotic extremist right wing Christians '' do their thing

Let's live in peace , make social issues a state issue , stop the federal funding of abortions and well while Texas may make abortions only when the woman's body is in danger for example all of you liberals can move to D.C. and cheer in all of your abortions

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 12-18-2009 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: personal attacks

Old 12-15-2009, 09:00 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

If the anti abortion groups were serious about ending all abortions they would be handing out the pill and condoms like candy at Halloween. Since they are not I can only assume they are out to spread their version of christianity - and there is no place for that shiite in the US.
good post, I agree 110%. the exception again, would be true mother's health and I mean life or death, not emotional health...

Nita

Old 12-15-2009, 09:02 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia12345678910 View Post
Don't listen to the three posters above
Government should NOT fund abortions

[Mod edited]
Stop sucking the blood and sweat of people's money for your crap

Stop imposing your will as well since you scream like a hyena when the '' psychotic extremist right wing Christians '' do their thing

Let's live in peace , make social issues a state issue , stop the federal funding of abortions and well while Texas may make abortions only when the woman's body is in danger for example all of you liberals can move to D.C. and cheer in all of your abortions

Great post! It should be a state issue if nothing else. Govt should NOT support this activity. It should support birth control options though

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 12-18-2009 at 06:20 AM..

Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 AM

1,327 posts, read 3,678,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post

I concur!

Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

I object to bombing towns in Iraq and Afghanistan that kill people yet we publically fund those atrocities. The bombs kill unborn babies, living babies and their mothers and fathers. Now here is a moral issue for all of the anti abortion busybodies to care about.
Relativism, the failure of the liberal argument.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:06 AM

2,229 posts, read 1,686,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
I suspect this is just another instance of christians attempting to make their beliefs, law of the land. This country has freedom of religion, and, if it is your wish, freedom from religion too.
Say what?

You think you have the ability to be FREE from religion? Meaning, that churches should be drapped with large clothes to prevent you from having to look at it?

You have no freedom from religion, only a freedom of it. If you choose not to be religious, so be it, but that doesn't give you the right to tell other people they can't be religious around you. Thats infringing on their right to have freedom of religion.

Just want to make sure we are clear here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies