Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 12:16 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,228,724 times

Advertisements

I participated in a protest in downtown Houston over that. I carried a sign said something like Iranian sandpipers drink holy tola cola !

My view of the world's feelings toward the USa? I'm more concerned with how 50% +/- a few ACORNS of the US population feels about the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 04:17 AM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Uh, Chiel, the head of the CIA under Carter when the hostages were taken was Adm. Stansfield Turner, but flail away anyway.

Old 12-19-2009, 04:45 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
I was stationed in NH during that. I remember being p*****ed over thr attempted rescue that the Admin fouled up. Then the next Prez seemed to intimidate the Iranian gov't just by being elected. Reagan intimidated a lot of countries when he first went in. Sometimes in ways theat still aren't public.

As for other countries and protesters; let the protesters go to China and India over global warming, climate change or whatever and raiise Cain over there. See how far that goes. Think Sean Penn will go talk to those countries?

Old 12-19-2009, 09:07 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
I remember how patriotic we were and ready to kick the butt of every Iranian in this country.

Now the sheeple of America just listen to their beloved president apologize and bow before the
country who don't like us very much.
yes, we would have gone to war if necessary: when Reagan became President our patritism really returned..Too bad we are living with a bunch of whiners now, who think the best way to save ourselves and the world is to hide under the bed????

Nita

Old 12-19-2009, 02:58 PM

18,382 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes, we would have gone to war if necessary: when Reagan became President our patritism really returned..Too bad we are living with a bunch of whiners now, who think the best way to save ourselves and the world is to hide under the bed????

Nita
I respectfully disagree that we would have gone to war over it with regan in the WH. our marines in beirut were killed in mass by a suicide bomber and regan did nothing in a public way to punish the terrorist! just one more reason I think regan was a joke!

Old 12-19-2009, 03:05 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I respectfully disagree that we would have gone to war over it with regan in the WH. our marines in beirut were killed in mass by a suicide bomber and regan did nothing in a public way to punish the terrorist! just one more reason I think regan was a joke!
How do you punish a suicide bomber?

I think that one was done by a truck bomb. Right? Was he in the truck at the time?

Old 12-19-2009, 03:10 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,133,552 times
yes~ I remember Iran~I trained part of Iranian AF~ was asked to be a techrep for them~ but couldn't because I had to finish my ative duty first. missed cutoff by 9 days. All the techreps were those that were held captive!

Then I had to report to SECNAV that the mobile repair vans weren't ready to deploy as was necessary,( The guy who I relieved was a drunk who decided he didn't need to keep the test equipment calibrated)

So goes the reponse many in this country wanted out of their armed services.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:14 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
Who is old enough to remember the Canadian Caper? Canada hiding 6 US diplomats and smuggling them out of Iran?

Old 12-19-2009, 03:18 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,031,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
If Reagan had sent troops to Lebanon and glassed the country you would be calling him a neo-Conservative warmonger. The perpetrators were Hezbollah, an organization that many here on this forum defend as being noble freedom fighters.

It saddens me that the defense secretary shot down the joint French-American retaliatory bombings. Our troops were only there for peacekeeping purposes, so I can at least partly see why it was important not to bomb Lebanon.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:26 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,884,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
yes~ I remember Iran~I trained part of Iranian AF~ was asked to be a techrep for them~ but couldn't because I had to finish my ative duty first. missed cutoff by 9 days. All the techreps were those that were held captive!

Then I had to report to SECNAV that the mobile repair vans weren't ready to deploy as was necessary,( The guy who I relieved was a drunk who decided he didn't need to keep the test equipment calibrated)

So goes the reponse many in this country wanted out of their armed services.
I remember being at Chanute AFB and having Iranians taking A/C maintenance courses hey would hit the BX on base and buy up all kinds of clothes, electronics, whatever. Most would go through checkout with two carts overflowing. They must have been paid really well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies