U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 08:57 PM

11,230 posts, read 11,254,000 times

Advertisements

Dirty *&^%'s!! Democrats in the Senate Sell Out! And the Republicans are furious! Why?! The Democrats caved to no public option, no Medicare buy-in for 55-64 and imposing penalties on people with no insurance--insurance they cannot afford. And the Repubs are livid at this bill which gives essentially EVERYTHING to the healthcare companies that they want! This is a Christmas gift to Humana, Cigna, Wellpoint, Aetna and all the other crooked insurance giants----and the Repubs are angry!! Could the reason be because there are still a few morsels left in this bill that favor the little guy and the Repubs are furious that they were left in? This bill essentially rapes the little guy. So what else is new?

Last edited by thrillobyte; 12-19-2009 at 09:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 09:20 PM

7,922 posts, read 7,835,615 times
Offers a public health insurance option to provide the uninsured and those who can’t find affordable coverage with a real choice. The President believes this option will promote competition, hold insurance companies accountable and assure affordable choices. It is completely voluntary. The President believes the public option must operate like any private insurance company – it must be self-sufficient and rely on the premiums it collects.
Immediately offers new, low-cost coverage through a national "high risk" pool to protect people with preexisting conditions from financial ruin until the new Exchange is created. For those Americans who cannot get insurance coverage today because of a pre-existing condition, the President’s plan will immediately make available coverage without a mark-up due to their health condition. This policy will offer protection against financial ruin until a wider array of choices become available in the new exchange in 2013
So what is this???????????

Old 12-19-2009, 09:43 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,844,563 times
I personally am not a constitutional scholar, but I look forward to what will no doubt be a court challenge to the Federal Government forcing citizens to buy health insurance. Someone, somewhere will make a case out of this, i'm confident.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:08 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,580,907 times
There is draconian regulation, government control, disgustingly taxes and devastating cuts to Medicare....not to mention the "deals" that special democrat senators get to help their respective states deal with the expansion of Medicaid.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I personally am not a constitutional scholar, but I look forward to what will no doubt be a court challenge to the Federal Government forcing citizens to buy health insurance. Someone, somewhere will make a case out of this, i'm confident.
The minute after obama signs it into law.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
and imposing penalties on people with no insurance--insurance they cannot afford.
No wait just a minute. You were all for that mandate and penalties when the choice would have been a government run public option....right?

Old 12-19-2009, 11:30 PM

153 posts, read 82,080 times
is the prison thing still in the bill?

Old 12-19-2009, 11:37 PM

55,647 posts, read 74,585,953 times
kill the bill. its become a giant sofa full of cushions to stuff your favorite projects under.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:32 AM

11,230 posts, read 11,254,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No wait just a minute. You were all for that mandate and penalties when the choice would have been a government run public option....right?
You got me mixed up with someone else, partner. I was never for mandates and penalties, especially ones imposed for not being able to afford worthless health care offered by a bunch of rattlesnakes.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:43 AM

153 posts, read 82,080 times
why change the current healthcare system? doesnt the US have a better healthcare system then the rest of the world, besides the whole insurance companies robbing you and dropping your ass like an infected disease and the illegals leaving us with there bill? i heard stories about the canadian healthcare system and how mothers who are giving birth would have to do it in the hallways of the hospitals and when they need an incubator they would have to either borrow from another hospital or from one of ours.
why not regulate the insurance companies and have them expand across the country then keeping them in the states
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or