Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 03:31 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
Many people can mow their own lawns, cut their own hedges, and shovel their own snow, ..AND hold down responsible positions. Many of these people are also Democrats.

If you're going to recommend that people pick themselves up "by their bootstraps", then you'd better be willing to put on your own shoes yourself.
hey hey this is the only work i can find these days. dont mess it up for me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 04:12 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
hey hey this is the only work i can find these days. dont mess it up for me
Not a problem; hope that there's lots of snow for you to shovel this winter

Old 12-22-2009, 04:23 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
there is and its still snowing. its good work for a high end finish carpenter with 35 years exp and 15000 invested in tools.luckily no illigals to compete with.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:23 PM

114 posts, read 127,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Citizen View Post
Honey... you are really a piece of work. You seem to think you have all the answers.

If there was a cheaper health insurance policy out there, I would already have it and then I would get the surgery that I've needed for a few months now.
In case you're not aware of it, insurance is rated by your age. On top of that, I'm had a serious health problem several years ago which makes it very difficult to get insurance. I can never be un-insured or I may never get coverage again due to a "pre-existing condition". I am very sure that I know more about health insurance than you do given both my professional background and health history.... So, PLEASE... don't give me your "advice" again regarding health insurance.

I live in a rural community. There are tons of people selling services here. That and farming is how most make their living. The economy here is not good. People are not hiring people to do work for them... I can't afford to move.

For your information... I've had 2 interviews in the last week. I just finished a "seasonal" job for a major company who has world presence that doesn't hire full time employees anymore to keep from paying benefits. I was working 10 hour days with a 30 minute lunch hour for as long as they needed me. That job paid $7.25 an hour. Before they called me I washed dishes for a few weeks in a restaurant. I was lucky to get 16 hours a week working there at $7 an hour.

I really wish I could rattle your nerves enough to get through to you how **** angry you are beginning to make me.

I don't want your **** money.

Please do me a HUGE favor and SHUT UP!
What a hostile post .

Your situation sounds really horrible, sorry for all that you're going through . However, your condition does not negate the fact that the government is robbing upper income Americans, such as my family to pay for your care. That is not all right. I don't work so I can give my money to others . I work to take care of my family to ensure that we have the nicest, most comfortable life possible. It should be your responsibility to take care of yourself and do the same for your family without digging into other people's pockets . I am struggling to see why you're having such difficulty grasping that concept .

You seem to not understand that your financial situation is a result of choices that you made. Why should anyone else have to pay for your decisions? Be accountable for yourself .

I am glad that you don't want my money. With this new health bill, I have enough hands in my purse already.

Old 12-22-2009, 08:27 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post
What a hostile post .

Your situation sounds really horrible, sorry for all that you're going through . However, your condition does not negate the fact that the government is robbing upper income Americans, such as my family to pay for your care. That is not all right. I don't work so I can give my money to others . I work to take care of my family to ensure that we have the nicest, most comfortable life possible. It should be your responsibility to take care of yourself and do the same for your family without digging into other people's pockets . I am struggling to see why you're having such difficulty grasping that concept .

You seem to not understand that your financial situation is a result of choices that you made. Why should anyone else have to pay for your decisions? Be accountable for yourself .

I am glad that you don't want my money. With this new health bill, I have enough hands in my purse already.

Since you've not got the good sense to back off and leave me alone when asked, you've just earned a place on my ignore list.

Obviously, too many rum and cokes have altered your perception.

Go pour yourself another drink!

Last edited by World Citizen; 12-22-2009 at 08:40 PM..

Old 12-22-2009, 09:05 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumandcoke View Post
What a hostile post .

Welcome to the new America, where being successful is punished. Where you make money not to better yourself, but to better everyone else. Where self reliance and accountability are dirty words. I'm barely middle class myself, but I fully resent the direction this country is heading in this area. It used to be the people ran the gov't and country, now it's the gov't running the people and the country. Totally bass ackwards!

Old 12-23-2009, 01:02 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Welcome to the new America, where being successful is punished. Where you make money not to better yourself, but to better everyone else. Where self reliance and accountability are dirty words. I'm barely middle class myself, but I fully resent the direction this country is heading in this area. It used to be the people ran the gov't and country, now it's the gov't running the people and the country. Totally bass ackwards!
We are not at that point yet where the gov't is running the country. The next two elections will be the hinge point as to which way we will turn.

Don't whine and moan about this - continue to fight it while you can. The left wanted this passed in August - it 5 months later and it's still not done yet. We are making a difference.

And we need to make sure that we are not fooled into voting for people who are not truthful during their campaigns.

Those currently in gov't want us to quit and give in. Stay at it. Find the truth, discover the motives and spread the word to at least one person who disagrees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies