Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 04:57 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Don't have to, (anonymous) email is where most republicans get their news.
Oh, really? And just what makes you think this?

We get our news from the same sources you do. Plus, we add some, like Fox (they report what others won't), Rush (also talks about and reports what others won't), WorldNet Daily (the "new media", a.k.a. Internet News, which reports what MSM won't) Beck, Cavuto, and a whole host of others.

The days of CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS as being the only sources, along with "print media" such as Time, New York Times, Newsweek, etc, etc, etc, being a creible source for news, are long over. They are as credible as the Democrat Party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 05:28 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, really? And just what makes you think this?

We get our news from the same sources you do. Plus, we add some, like Fox (they report what others won't), Rush (also talks about and reports what others won't), WorldNet Daily (the "new media", a.k.a. Internet News, which reports what MSM won't) Beck, Cavuto, and a whole host of others.

The days of CBS, NBC, ABC, and PBS as being the only sources, along with "print media" such as Time, New York Times, Newsweek, etc, etc, etc, being a creible source for news, are long over. They are as credible as the Democrat Party.
Republicans ate and continue to feed on this kind of stuff.

Twenty-six Lies About H.R. 3200 | FactCheck.org

Old 12-27-2009, 05:46 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,860,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
Another example of assertions taken from some email which, of course, the poster will not reveal.

"They're coming to take me away ha-ha, ho-ho, he-he.
To the funny farm where everybody believes in conspiracies
and I'll be happy all the time!"

Sorry, no email here!

Enjoy your trip!

Old 12-27-2009, 05:58 PM

32 posts, read 74,414 times
Quote:
This afternoon it has been reported that the Democrats have made certain provisions of the so-called "health care" bill, impossible to repeal!

This is unconstitutional, but they don't care. They have included language that basically says that any future attempts by Congress to repeal said legislation shall not be allowed.

Never in the history of the United States has so arrogant a bunch been in power.

This is clearly unconstitutional, and violates all current rules of Congress.

Who do these people think they are?

It is clearly time for bold action. We cannot sit by and watch our Representative form of government be dismantled.

Hammer these people with phone calls, letters, and whatever it takes. The Obama train wreck simply must be stopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Where did you hear this?
Let me Google that for you

Old 12-27-2009, 07:21 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Get a clue.

First off, learn what a dictatorship is.

Second, IF something has been done that is unconstitutional, the Supreme Court will get the opportunity to make that determination and it will be voided.

Third, if you knew any history -- even recent history -- you would know that no one now is any more arrogant than were politicians throughout history.

Since when does the Supreme Court veto a Senate or Congressional Bill in lieu of a case being presented to thier docket? It must be some new Amendment in the Constituion or something.

Old 12-27-2009, 07:38 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Whether or not something is unconstitutional is not up to you or even the Reps in Washingtoon, there is a branch called the Supreme Court that descides such matters. I am sure some righties will be presenting their cases sooner or later, if they make it that far, see Birther law suits. You have truely gone off the deep edge if you believe we are a dictatorship, just because you lost the elections. Lesson in life: when you fall down, get up, dust yourself off and try and figure out why you fell down in the first place, (clue it was not the fault of anyone else), then try and correct the mistake you made so you don't fall down again, that or continue to fall down and learn to like it.
Casper

Yeah, that's a good one! Like the liberals aren't still screaming about a "stolen" election.

Perhaps you should pass your advice on to your own ilk...

Old 12-27-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Isnt that the end of right wingers prayer every night. Oh Lord if you just send an attack before 2012 we'ed sure appreciate it, you see they done went an got a black in there and well.... an attack would cover up enough of our incompetence to get us in there at least another 4 years oh please Lord
"we'ed" sure appreciate your "POS" buy a clue...or at least spend some money to fix his wife's choppers...so he can show something for all of his spending. That's all. No one expects Obama to live up to anything because he's a huge nobody with no experience in anything other than using the color of his skin to get him ANYWHERE. He's useless, always has been, and always will be.

What has he DONE for ANYONE, lately?

Old 12-27-2009, 08:06 PM

4,559 posts, read 4,100,369 times
Quote:
This afternoon it has been reported that the Democrats have made certain provisions of the so-called "health care" bill, impossible to repeal!

This is unconstitutional, but they don't care. They have included language that basically says that any future attempts by Congress to repeal said legislation shall not be allowed.

Never in the history of the United States has so arrogant a bunch been in power.

This is clearly unconstitutional, and violates all current rules of Congress.

Who do these people think they are?

It is clearly time for bold action. We cannot sit by and watch our Representative form of government be dismantled.

Hammer these people with phone calls, letters, and whatever it takes. The Obama train wreck simply must be stopped.
I think attacking a country and causing the deaths of 100s of thousands is far more arrogant than what your current conservative propaganda insinuates.

With regards to your complaints about our representative form of government being dismantled.... well I think K street took care of that long ago.

Whine about lobbying and special interests if you're going to whine.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
The only ones calling Obama "savior" are the wackaloon righties.
No one can say anything for certain, but if you want to live in constant fear go right ahead, don't blame others for the garbage you hear on Rush/Beck, etc. and blame it on OMG Dems. Can you "positively say for certain" that we will be attacked?
You choose to live in fear and partisan hatred, that's your choice and your head that you're filling with garbage; I choose not to do that.
Yes, we're better off with Obama than we were with Bush, as far as his accomplishments, may I suggest you use the search feature and read a thread entitled Obama's accomplishments. You do know how to use the search feature, don't you?
Your little partisan opinion posts are juvenile.

Do some research other than rw radio and then come to the table with the big kids.
Do DM me when you've accomplished this and I'll remove you from the twit filter. Until then, don't bother me, I don't have time to be reading you and your juvenile posts.
Where do you live?

Old 12-27-2009, 08:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Thanks, but one from Bush was enough.

???
Want to make some sense here? If you try, it might be possible.
Sorry but others emailed me about you, told me you never make sense, can you guess who they are. And you never do, all you do is still go on about Bush guess what, he is not President any more, or have you not noticed. It is OBAMA NOTA!:sm ack:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies