Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 01:23 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post

I believe Bush did greater harm than any other president we've ever had.
I don't recall Bush giving N. Korea nuclear material (for "energy" purposes) or changing the way the FBI could obtain information from informants.
I do remember a certain president from the '90s doing that, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 01:30 AM

178 posts, read 412,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yeah, any care in the field is going to be like that. My point is that government run healthcare is not the boogeyman that some people think it is.

Maybe they can run the New Government Health Care plan as well as they do the DMV. I can just see the long lines now waiting to see a doctor. Do we have enough doctors for an extra 30 million people?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:33 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,525,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxCRUSADERxx View Post
Tell that to a canadian or an englishmen...
LOL! I work with three Canadians. They laugh at all the idiot Americans who scream the sky is falling. One co-worker even wrote a letter to the editor in response to an anti-healthcare letter that was full of lies about Canada's system. That co-worker's son, who still lives in Vancouver, pays $46 per month for his family of three. They're all healthy. They all get care. Don't believe the hysteria coming from the extreme right.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:38 AM

178 posts, read 412,535 times
Quote:
LOL! I work with three Canadians. They laugh at all the idiot Americans who scream the sky is falling. One co-worker even wrote a letter to the editor in response to an anti-healthcare letter that was full of lies about Canada's system. That co-worker's son, who still lives in Vancouver, pays $46 per month for his family of three. They're all healthy. They all get care. Don't believe the hysteria coming from the extreme right.

Actually I hear Canadian Healthcare works great for healthy young Canadians...The problems begin if a person gets a serious illness.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:38 AM

1,372 posts, read 1,548,745 times
Quote:
The VA hospital system works just fine. So does the military's medical system. Do you use the VA when you get sick or injured? Every veteran I know does. I haven't heard any complaints, though our VA hospital is first class, better than many from what I hear.

I can back you up on this one. I'm an Army vet and I use the VA all the time. You sometimes hear a lot of BS about VA hospitals being second rate, but that has not been my experience.

The VA that we have here in Dallas, TX is a truly state of the art medical facility. They are completely professional. I have never had a bad experience there.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymonk View Post
Actually I hear Canadian Healthcare works great for healthy young Canadians...The problems begin if a person gets a serious illness.
Who do you hear this from? Because I hear nothing of the sort from the Canadians I work with. Serious illnesses and emergencies are attended to immediately. Routine care and tests have a little longer wait time than what's typical here, but it's not so long as to endanger anyone's health. The people I work with have no agenda, which is why I'll believe them before I'll believe some fear-mongering talking head.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I can back you up on this one. I'm an Army vet and I use the VA all the time. You sometimes hear a lot of BS about VA hospitals being second rate, but that has not been my experience.

The VA that we have here in Dallas, TX is a truly state of the art medical facility. They are completely professional. I have never had a bad experience there.
Yeah, there's a lot of BS going around.

It's real simple, but people are so entrenched in their partisan cheerleading that they miss the obvious:

If there were serious problems with VA care, we'd already know about it. The media would be all over it. The same holds true with other country's systems. If people were dying in those countries for lack of care, the media would have informed us of this long ago.

Old 12-23-2009, 03:19 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post

I think they vary. The VA in Detroit isn't so nice.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:02 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,300,209 times
Quote:
Could Obama Be the Beginning of our downfall?
Quote:
I ask this because of our steady decline as a world power.

At the very least you answered your own question.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:19 AM

624 posts, read 1,071,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yeah, Palin. Hah.

I believe Bush did greater harm than any other president we've ever had.
At least Bush never rammed anything through like the Democrats. Even the wars that were started had FULL, bi-partisan support (at the beginning).

The new administration could not care less about what the public thinks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies