U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-23-2009, 10:56 AM
 
5,165 posts, read 5,328,384 times
Reputation: 1067

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I find it very humorous that Senator Al could accuse anybody of not reading the bill on December 14 when Dirty Harry hadn't released it to just anybody and everybody. It becomes more humorous when one remembers that Reid was still re-writing parts of the bill and I am not sure he has stopped changing it yet. What Franken claims to have read on 12-14-09 sure wasn't the final thing by several days and many changes.
They are all a bunch of blabbering fools. They lie, steal, cheat, yell and holler and feel they are entitled to everything. These are the folks Governing our Nation.

VETO 2010

 
Old 12-23-2009, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Southcentral Kansas
44,924 posts, read 28,234,776 times
Reputation: 4269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Thank you. Thread title has been changed accordingly. No need to misquote the Senator.
Mike, if you look at that link you will find it says just what was said by the OP below the commercial. I would like to know if using terms from a link that are changed from one line to another is against the rules because that just wasn't done improperly as was intimated.
 
Old 12-23-2009, 10:59 AM
 
Location: West Michigan
12,358 posts, read 7,751,835 times
Reputation: 7213
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post

I'm none too excited about the latest iteration of the Senate Health Bill, but Franken's frankness is amusing as always!
My sentiments exactly. Thanks for posting the Franken article.
 
Old 12-23-2009, 11:03 AM
 
2,352 posts, read 1,818,682 times
Reputation: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
even though he is blatently lying? You are rooting for lying, inexperienced politicians.
Thanks for telling me what I think.

How so very right wing of you.
 
Old 12-23-2009, 11:11 AM
 
Location: NC USA
3,384 posts, read 4,092,515 times
Reputation: 1794
Franken is and will more than likely remain an unfunny idiot.
 
Old 12-23-2009, 11:11 AM
 
Location: just here
1,773 posts, read 1,019,232 times
Reputation: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Mike, if you look at that link you will find it says just what was said by the OP below the commercial. I would like to know if using terms from a link that are changed from one line to another is against the rules because that just wasn't done improperly as was intimated.
No, you are wrong. The initial title of this thread said just what the title of the article said & it was misworded...Franken did NOT say "you're not entitled"...he said "we're not entitled..."
 
Old 12-23-2009, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Vermont
10,309 posts, read 11,230,213 times
Reputation: 14194
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Who has given him a moral monopoly on facts?
Oh, you mean you conservatives are entitled to your own facts?

That explains a lot.
 
Old 12-23-2009, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Chicago Suburbs
3,191 posts, read 3,791,536 times
Reputation: 1161
I'm glad I don't have a showboating Stuart Smalley for a rep.


Does anyone know when Franken is being serious, or is he always goofin?
 
Old 12-23-2009, 11:32 AM
 
Location: Way,Way Up On The Old East Coast
2,196 posts, read 1,734,878 times
Reputation: 1085
Default "The Bottom Of The Barrel Speaks Out" !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I find it very humorous that Senator Al could accuse anybody of not reading the bill on December 14 when Dirty Harry hadn't released it to just anybody and everybody. It becomes more humorous when one remembers that Reid was still re-writing parts of the bill and I am not sure he has stopped changing it yet. What Franken claims to have read on 12-14-09 sure wasn't the final thing by several days and many changes.
Good Afternoon,

Sounds like another "Heaping Helping" of "Pococurante" served up by one of those scary old "DINO" Washington career politicians !

And what shall we do with this excessively portentous bunch of folks ?

roysoldboy may help is with the above answer.

Thanks / Lamar
 
Old 12-23-2009, 11:57 AM
 
20,915 posts, read 39,201,627 times
Reputation: 19212
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Mike, if you look at that link you will find it says just what was said by the OP below the commercial. I would like to know if using terms from a link that are changed from one line to another is against the rules because that just wasn't done improperly as was intimated.
The title was changed to reflect the actual words that Senator Franken spoke on the floor of the Senate.

The website from which the link was posted had a headline quite different than the actual words; yellow journalism designed to slant the article and demonize the Senator, but what else is new. We'll start with the actual words and then each of us can slant them as we see fit.

Myself, I see nothing wrong with Franken's words. There is only ONE set of facts to start with; from that common starting point people are free to voice their opinion of the facts and what they see as the meaning in those facts.
__________________
- Please follow our TOS.
- Any Questions about City-Data? See the FAQ list.
- Want some detailed instructions on using the site? See The Guide for plain english explanation.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top