U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 08:28 AM

87,023 posts, read 102,689,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Exactly, admonishing others for calling Franken an idiot while holding up his education as proof to the contrary, also applies to Bush and co.

Thank you and happy holidays.
Until you brought him up, no one had mentioned Bush, IIRC (not going back to read the whole thing).

Old 12-24-2009, 08:37 AM

3,191 posts, read 3,792,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Until you brought him up, no one had mentioned Bush, IIRC (not going back to read the whole thing).
Point?
Can you see the difference in deflecting to Bush and co. for all the countries ills vs. my example about hypocritical behaviours?

My analogy is correct, sorry you have to be so blindly partisan.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Point?
Can you see the difference in deflecting to Bush and co. for all the countries ills vs. my example about hypocritical behaviours?

My analogy is correct, sorry you have to be so blindly partisan.
I didn't say you were right or wrong. I said you're the one who brought up Bush, in a thread about Franken. Talk about deflection. Who's blindly partisan?

Old 12-24-2009, 08:46 AM

3,191 posts, read 3,792,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I didn't say you were right or wrong. I said you're the one who brought up Bush, in a thread about Franken. Talk about deflection. Who's blindly partisan?
Well since I didn't vote for Bush,that would make you the partisan one.
But you did agree with me, so sorry, but no amount of double talk will erase that.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Well since I didn't vote for Bush,that would make you the partisan one.
But you did agree with me, so sorry, but no amount of double talk will erase that.
I'm partisan b/c you didn't vote for Bush? How does that make me partisan? I'm not sure what I agreed with? All I said is you brought up Bush in a thread about Franken. You're really on a tear this morning. Maybe you need to have some coffee and chill.

Old 12-24-2009, 08:57 AM

22,241 posts, read 15,325,752 times
I like Franken! Hey, how about 2016? Here's a slogan, "Frankly Franken 2016 - Let's kill the bull!".

Old 12-24-2009, 09:10 AM

31,388 posts, read 19,652,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Amusing is right. He should have stayed with SNL. That's the only place his musings make sense. Who has given him a moral monopoly on facts?
Apparently, you haven't been paying attention to the facts here either.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:16 AM

31,388 posts, read 19,652,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Franken looks like the liar actually... the benefits that we are paying in are for what? To help he uninsured with the health exchanges which don't start up for FOUR years... We are not paying in to remove lifetime caps or banning preexisting condition clauses... that is NOT what we are paying into the system for... so Al Franken is an idiot when he talks out of his @ss... again... last time I check, we are not paying the insurance industry to do away with those tactics.... we are paying for the subsidies in the health exchange which is FOUR years away (except kids)... which means Al Franken was wrong... as usual...
What about the closure of the "donut hole" in Medicare part D starting right away? Isn't that a benefit that we are paying for?

BTW, check you own facts before accusing someone else of being an idiot.

Old 12-24-2009, 09:46 AM

5,945 posts, read 4,875,731 times
Quote:
Bush holds degrees from both Yale and Harvard, but yet was considered (and callled much worse) an idiot by the left.
Maybe he wasn't an idiot before he spent the 70s pickling his brain with cocaine and whiskey.

Quote:
Most of you seem quite comfortable wearing the hypocrite label.
Prove it.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:16 AM

8,293 posts, read 23,192,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekka-maki View Post
Franken slams GOP on Senate floor: ‘You’re not entitled to your own facts’ | Raw Story (http://rawstory.com/2009/12/franken-slams-gop-senate-floor-youre-entitled-facts/ - broken link)

I'm none too excited about the latest iteration of the Senate Health Bill, but Franken's frankness is amusing as always!
Franken is a joke, a complete idiot, and an embarrassment to the intelligent people of Minnesota who did NOT vote for the Bozo.

So we have a mediocre comedian, whose only real work was to write smut stories for Playboy, leading the charge for Health Care Reform.

Does this NOT frighten people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies