U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-23-2009, 04:13 PM
 
31,385 posts, read 32,085,636 times
Reputation: 14896

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Yeah, apparently you are. What is being swept under the rug is the race of the perpetrators not the incident itself.

- Reel
Ah, then pray tell, were you a witness since only a witness could know such a secret.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-23-2009, 04:17 PM
 
3,007 posts, read 3,360,656 times
Reputation: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
HAHAHAHAHA! Nice serving of pwnage you handed the OP there.

To the OP:

There is an element in ALL of humanity that is violent by nature. Believing that black people are violent by nature is just as ignorant and bigoted as believing white people are violent by nature. You need to wake up, the world is passing you by.
And assuming that I or anyone else here said black people are violent by nature is ALSO extremely ignorant -- why don't you learn to read?

There are problems with black culture in the inner city that leads to a lot of violence. You can pretend it isn't there, but it won't help anyone. Got it? This ain't about melanin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 04:18 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,889,986 times
Reputation: 6453
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Am I the only one puzzled about how something can be "swept under the rug" when the link is to an account on a TV news broadcast?



I'm with you on this one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 04:28 PM
 
1,718 posts, read 2,042,435 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnuro View Post
Where does it say white hispanic? Are you making that assumption because he's fair skin?
Hispanics are white. They came from Spain. Vicente Fox is white. The current president of Mexico, Calderon, is white.

That having been said, hispanic is not really a race and what we call hispanic can be any race including black. The 'browns' are brown because they are at least partly Mayan.

So all you folks who think the victim is not white because he was hispanic give it a rest. He is white. Look at his picture.

Finally, we don't know who the initial puncher was. Could be black; could be brown; could be white the same as the victim. However, the diverse nature of the rest of the perpetrators was undoubtedly black. If they were white they wouldn't have been discribed as diverse. If they were hispanic they would have been discribed as hispanic as were the victim and the original 'puncher'. The rest of the perpetrators were black. That's why nobody mentioned black. They rarely mention it when a perpetrator is black.

Could I be wrong? You bet. But I'd also bet a healthy sum that I'm not wrong.

- Reel

Last edited by Reelist in Atlanta; 12-23-2009 at 05:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 04:32 PM
 
1,718 posts, read 2,042,435 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Ah, then pray tell, were you a witness since only a witness could know such a secret.
No, I just had to read the article. The perpetrators were 'diverse'. What is not being mentioned is the race. One would not have to be there to know that their race was not mentioned. One has but to read the article. Didn't give this one much thought, did you?

- Reel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 04:34 PM
 
1,718 posts, read 2,042,435 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I'm with you on this one!
Wow! Another one who thinks the OP meant the incident was being swept under the rug. Even though the title of the OP is:

Time for the daily black on white hate crime, swept under the rug

It's race that is being swept under the rug as indicated in the title of the thread. How can folks read stuff and come away with so little understanding.

- Reel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 04:45 PM
 
Location: Mississippi
3,049 posts, read 2,464,475 times
Reputation: 699
What happened to kids sense of proportion and fairness? When did the schoolyard spats or fistfights turn into cold-blooded gang attacks? This is just pure, uncontrolled group rage, and disturbing on many levels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 05:37 PM
 
6,899 posts, read 6,580,268 times
Reputation: 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
I did read the story. The victim is white hispanic (there is a picture of him). The perps are black, as reported in the comments section by other students at the school. There must have been one hispanic perp. I guess that makes the group "diverse."

WRONG but then again, those of you who continue the race baiting never try to get anything right.

The student is HISPANIC not WHITE HISPANIC but HISPANIC. The make-up of the offender according to those that live and work in Englewood area are Black, Hispanic and one student that is mixed (white & black).

So get your facts and story straight before stooping to the typical ignorant rhetoric. This is NOT getting swept under the rug, Englewood NJ has been off the hook lately and not just the minorities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 06:10 PM
 
1,718 posts, read 2,042,435 times
Reputation: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
WRONG but then again, those of you who continue the race baiting never try to get anything right.

The student is HISPANIC not WHITE HISPANIC but HISPANIC. The make-up of the offender according to those that live and work in Englewood area are Black, Hispanic and one student that is mixed (white & black).

So get your facts and story straight before stooping to the typical ignorant rhetoric. This is NOT getting swept under the rug, Englewood NJ has been off the hook lately and not just the minorities.
When you are wrong, at least you are wrong big and loud with all the caps and whatnot. Hispanic is not a race. Hispanic can be black and hispanic can be white. Vicente Fox and Filipe Calderon are white. They are the former and current presidents of Mexico.

You are big and loud and wrong and then you say, "So get your facts and story straight before stooping to the typical ignorant rhetoric".

For example, what race would you say this kid is? I say he's Caucasian. That would be white. Being big and loud and and calling people names won't ever make you right.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-23-2009, 06:17 PM
 
99 posts, read 131,188 times
Reputation: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Hispanics are white. They came from Spain. Vicente Fox is white. The current president of Mexico, Calderon, is white.

That having been said, hispanic is not really a race and what we call hispanic can be any race including black. The 'browns' are brown because they are at least partly Mayan.

So all you folks who think the victim is not white because he was hispanic give it a rest. He is white. Look at his picture.

Finally, we don't know who the initial puncher was. Could be black; could be brown; could be white the same as the victim. However, the diverse nature of the rest of the perpetrators was undoubtedly black. If they were white they wouldn't have been discribed as diverse. If they were hispanic they would have been discribed as hispanic as were the victim and the original 'puncher'. The rest of the perpetrators were black. That's why nobody mentioned black. They rarely mention it when a perpetrator is black.

Could I be wrong? You bet. But I'd also bet a healthy sum that I'm not wrong.

- Reel


I bet he doesn't check white in that little box that ask for race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top