U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:20 PM

3,049 posts, read 2,463,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
So that's your case? You have a hunch?

What I "think" or "believe" happened is irrelevant to the fact that their is no substantiated evidence that this was a racially motivated attack. Quite the opposite, the people responsible for investigating this say that it wasn't.

But I suppose they, like I, pale in comparison to high IQ soothsayers such as yourself.

11 on 1 does not a fight make. This was a race-based beat-down, no two ways about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 08:25 PM

3,277 posts, read 4,613,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
11 on 1 does not a fight make. This was a race-based beat-down, no two ways about it.
No one's doubting that it was underhanded and unbalanced, but how you make the leap to it being race based is dubious.

Unless I suppose we have another oracle on our hands.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:46 PM

99 posts, read 131,167 times
Quote:

I thought it was blacks and hispanics fighting a hispanic.

Old 12-23-2009, 08:49 PM

3,007 posts, read 3,359,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVOBAMA View Post
I thought it was blacks and hispanics fighting a hispanic.
Nobody was "fighting" anybody. A little boy was brutally assaulted by subhumans.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:30 PM

3,049 posts, read 2,463,899 times
I urge every one of you to either home school or put your child in parochial or private school. Take a second job to afford it. The public school system in cities are disasters. Your child will thank you later and will definitely have less physical and mental scars from the experience. That extra job will be worth it when you don't have to look at your child in a hospital bed with ruptured organs from being kicked a hundred times.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:38 PM

99 posts, read 131,167 times
Quote:
I urge every one of you to either home school or put your child in parochial or private school. Take a second job to afford it. The public school system in cities are disasters. Your child will thank you later and will definitely have less physical and mental scars from the experience. That extra job will be worth it when you don't have to look at your child in a hospital bed with ruptured organs from being kicked a hundred times.

I believe in homeschool, but it's not possible for everyone. If everyone is working all these extra jobs, who are taking care of the children?
I know I was very lucky to be able to be at home with my children.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:20 PM

900 posts, read 543,432 times
Sigh - another one of these 'Us poor white folks are the real victims in America and the savages (that would be the blacks) are taking over.'

Junk.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:21 PM

4,399 posts, read 9,050,585 times
Maybe I'm being dense here, but I don't see anywhere in the article or reported elsewhere the race of the attackers. Since this thread is "black on white hate crime" I think its relevant how many of the race of the attackers? How many of the attackers were black?

It's pretty puzzling to make an allegation of a hate crime(and of course all the racist rhetoric afterwards, most deleted of course) and not even know the race of the attackers.

Last edited by jdm2008; 12-23-2009 at 11:36 PM..

Old 12-24-2009, 06:48 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,042,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
Maybe I'm being dense here, but I don't see anywhere in the article or reported elsewhere the race of the attackers. Since this thread is "black on white hate crime" I think its relevant how many of the race of the attackers? How many of the attackers were black?

It's pretty puzzling to make an allegation of a hate crime(and of course all the racist rhetoric afterwards, most deleted of course) and not even know the race of the attackers.
The race of the attackers was not mentioned. That's the whole point of this thread and it seems to have been missed by many.

The race of the victim was made public. The article said he was hispanic and a picture revealed that he is white. The kid who threw the first punch was described as hispanic. We have no idea what race he is. He could be black or he could be white or he could be brown. The article is claiming that since the victim and the kid who threw the first punch were both hispanic then it could not have been a hate crime.

The article says this in spite of the fact that hispanics have their own race issues between whites, blacks and browns. Also, the other 10 attackers were described as 'diverse'. I'm surprised they even went that far. It would be of interest to know what the racial makeup of this 'diverse' crowd of attackers was but this is being kept from us.

If this 'diverse' crowd was all or mostly black or brown then we may indeed have a hate crime because the victim was white. It seems as though the article is going out of it's way to avoid anyone thinking that this was a racial issue.

The article is going so far out of it's way to avoid this that it makes one wonder if there is not something they are trying to hide. Hence the post who's title suggests that perhaps the racial nature of this incident is being swept under the rug.

[Please don't anyone respond to this post by trying to tell me that the victim was not white but hispanic. Such a response does nothing but reveal a complete lack of understanding.]

- Reel

Old 12-24-2009, 07:27 AM

10,128 posts, read 12,373,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
The race of the attackers was not mentioned. That's the whole point of this thread and it seems to have been missed by many.l
But many of us instinctively know without being told. We know, we say it to ourselves feeling a great sense of satisfaction when when we learn the truth and our "racism" is vindicated.

Carjacking? Home invasion? I (or should I say we) will guess 100 times and be right 99% of the time. Stereotype? I don't think so it's simple fact.

If this is racism then I guess I am guilty.

Quote:
I live in the greater Los Angeles area. Whenever I see graffiti or news about a break-in, I've observed that the perpetrator is usually of Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, or Finnish descent. Who let these people into our country? They're ruining everything. Thanks, Brinks, for protecting me from their crimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syjM1...eature=related
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies