U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 07:28 AM

6,899 posts, read 6,579,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
When you are wrong, at least you are wrong big and loud with all the caps and whatnot. Hispanic is not a race. Hispanic can be black and hispanic can be white. Vicente Fox and Filipe Calderon are white. They are the former and current presidents of Mexico.

You are big and loud and wrong and then you say, "So get your facts and story straight before stooping to the typical ignorant rhetoric".

For example, what race would you say this kid is? I say he's Caucasian. That would be white. Being big and loud and and calling people names won't ever make you right.

First off in my comment I NEVER stated Hispanic was a race, I clearly stated "race baiters" tis thread is not concerning the origins of Mexico President but the victim in Englewood NJ. ..and NO i'm not WRONG...The VICTIM again is not WHITE as you clearly continue to state.

The Victim is Hispanic/Spanish decent and considering I live in the area I would have BETTER information than someone who is NOT on not only the make-up of the victim as well as those who assaulted him. Your labeling the Victim Caucasian means ABSOLUTELY nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 09:34 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,042,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
First off in my comment I NEVER stated Hispanic was a race, I clearly stated "race baiters" tis thread is not concerning the origins of Mexico President but the victim in Englewood NJ. ..and NO i'm not WRONG...The VICTIM again is not WHITE as you clearly continue to state.

The Victim is Hispanic/Spanish decent and considering I live in the area I would have BETTER information than someone who is NOT on not only the make-up of the victim as well as those who assaulted him. Your labeling the Victim Caucasian means ABSOLUTELY nothing.
You said:

"The student is HISPANIC not WHITE HISPANIC but HISPANIC."

Now you say:

"The VICTIM again is not WHITE as you clearly continue to state."

"The Victim is Hispanic/Spanish decent . . ."

You keep claiming that he is not white and as proof you say he is hispanic. You say he is not white but is of hispanic/spanish decent."

Whether or not he is hispanic has nothing to do with his race. I agree he is hispanic. What I'm asking you is what is his race. You seem to be saying his race is hispanic. If you are not then please tell me what his race is.

Just answer this one question:

1. What do you think his race is?

Thank you,

- Reel

Old 12-24-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post

I don't mean any disrespect but I've had conversations with you before and I've come away thinking that there is nothing to be gained by doing so. There is just way to much that you would have to know and understand for it to have any meaningful value.

I don't mean that you are flawed in any way. It would be like me having a conversation with you about TCP retransmission algorithms. There is just way too much you'd have to learn and understand about TCP, IP addressing and subnetting, binary and boolean math and networking in general for you to have such a conversation. I only use this example to show that not being able to have such a conversation is not a character flaw. It just means that you lack the knowledge an understanding to do so.

Regarding the topics here on CD, you should try to brush up on these subjects in order to gain the knowledge and understanding that would be necessary to engage in conversations about them. I think you would find it much more enjoyable and your posts would have a lot more value.

- Reel

Last edited by Reelist in Atlanta; 12-24-2009 at 10:09 AM..

Old 12-24-2009, 10:12 AM

4,037 posts, read 8,076,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
And assuming that I or anyone else here said black people are violent by nature is ALSO extremely ignorant -- why don't you learn to read?

There are problems with black culture in the inner city that leads to a lot of violence. You can pretend it isn't there, but it won't help anyone. Got it? This ain't about melanin.
LMAO!!! Are you serious? You're the one who made it about race. The article hasn't made it about race. The kids who were writing the get well cards didn't make it about race. You did.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:17 AM

4,037 posts, read 8,076,339 times
I'm not going to say that black on white hate crimes do not occur. However this is not one of those incidents. Particularly since the article was quick to dispel by saying that one of the attackers was also hispanic and it is not being investigated as a hate crime. Y'all are trying to make it about race just for making it about race's sake.

He was attacked because he was an honor student which is frowned upon in poorer communities. A more important question is how can we as a society show students from poor backgrounds that making good grades and being a good person is something that should be lauded versus worthy of attack?

Old 12-24-2009, 10:19 AM

124 posts, read 237,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
LMAO!!! Are you serious? You're the one who made it about race. The article hasn't made it about race. The kids who were writing the get well cards didn't make it about race. You did.

That's usually her m/o.

Last edited by tnuro; 12-24-2009 at 10:27 AM..

Old 12-24-2009, 10:30 AM

155 posts, read 678,012 times
Maybe I'm pessimistic and have little hope in humankind (which I hope is not the case), but it seems that as long as their is a majority-minority dynamic, the minority cause will always prevail.

Black on white crime will be classified as hate, while white on black will not.

Straight on gay crime will be classified as hate, while gay on straight will not.

Even men on women crimes will be considered sex crimes or abuse, while women on men will not.

Of course, i'm generalizing, but this seems to be the case.

Another bit of pessimism, but for hundreds of years, whites committed atrocious crimes against blacks and society just turned its heads. I'm not implying this is payback, but just that humans for some reason do horrible things to each other...especially to those who they consider to be different than they.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
I think the title of the post was poorly worded. As you know, hispanics have their own racial problems between blacks, browns and whites. For some reason people assume that 'hispanic' means brown but it does not.

The article mentions that the victim is hispanic and shows a picture of him so that we know he's white. They say it's not being investigated as a hate crime because the initial punch came from another hispanic. However, we are not told what the race of the perpetrator is. I think this is somewhat odd, it peaks my curiousity and it's worthy of comment. I think that was the OPs point. I just think that perhaps she got a little carried away.

We do see the media going out of it's way to ignore any racial component when there is a white victim and a brown or black perpetrator. We see no such effort when the victim is black or brown and the perpetrator is white. There may or may not be a racial component to this incident. What is noteworthy is that once again we are not given enough information to make this determination ourselves. The determination is being made for us by the media.

- Reel

Old 12-24-2009, 11:15 AM

Quote:
You said:

"The student is HISPANIC not WHITE HISPANIC but HISPANIC."

Now you say:

"The VICTIM again is not WHITE as you clearly continue to state."

"The Victim is Hispanic/Spanish decent . . ."

You keep claiming that he is not white and as proof you say he is hispanic. You say he is not white but is of hispanic/spanish decent."

Whether or not he is hispanic has nothing to do with his race. I agree he is hispanic. What I'm asking you is what is his race. You seem to be saying his race is hispanic. If you are not then please tell me what his race is.

Just answer this one question:

1. What do you think his race is?

Thank you,

- Reel

Find in my post where I stated his race was hispanic. I'll wait.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I don't mean any disrespect but I've had conversations with you before and I've come away thinking that there is nothing to be gained by doing so. There is just way to much that you would have to know and understand for it to have any meaningful value.
Your right, there is nothing to gain from you at all to respond to any of my post calling you on your inaccurate and more often bias statement. so why bother.

I don't mean that you are flawed in any way. It would be like me having a conversation with you about TCP retransmission algorithms. There is just way too much you'd have to learn and understand about TCP, IP addressing and subnetting, binary and boolean math and networking in general for you to have such a conversation. I only use this example to show that not being able to have such a conversation is not a character flaw. It just means that you lack the knowledge an understanding to do so.

WTF does any of that have to do with OP of this thread? Wow, now we all know your in the IT field applaus all around.

Regarding the topics here on CD, you should try to brush up on these subjects in order to gain the knowledge and understanding that would be necessary to engage in conversations about them. I think you would find it much more enjoyable and your posts would have a lot more value.

- Reel
Your feabile attempt which is also known by past discussions with you to switch to the condoscending mode is recognized. FACT still remains, the Victim is of HISPANIC descent and not Caucausion as your failed attempt to label him. Now i know your going to come back with the same BS mode as normal so I will save you the trouble. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies