U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 01:04 PM

20,018 posts, read 15,737,512 times

Advertisements

He's voting "yea" on the healthcare bill as well as raising the debt ceiling so he can get out of dodge and spend time with his family. Awwww...isn't that sweet?

BREAKING: Mitch McConnell Surrenders - Erick’s blog - RedState

Things like this happen when you vote for the "lesser of two evils". Told you so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 01:10 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,335,377 times
How does this make him a RINO? Do "real" Republicans ignore their families at Christmas time? Especially when the results of the vote are a foregone conclusion?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
How does this make him a RINO? Do "real" Republicans ignore their families at Christmas time? Especially when the results of the vote are a foregone conclusion?
The RINO part comes in for siding with the corporations and special interests like the Democrats are doing. If he has a job to do, he should do it before spending time with his family. Many defense contractors I knew at Lockheed Martin worked on Christmas Day if there was a deadline. A deadline is a deadline, regardless of your personal situation.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
The RINO part comes in for siding with the corporations and special interests like the Democrats are doing. If he has a job to do, he should do it before spending time with his family. Many defense contractors I knew at Lockheed Martin worked on Christmas Day if there was a deadline. A deadline is a deadline, regardless of your personal situation.

He's not siding with anyone other than his family. Your anger is quite misplaced. This RINO/DINO nonsense is amusing. I can play too. Let's assume McConnell did what you wanted him to do. Here, watch:

RINO Mitch McConnell ignores family in favor of Senate stall tactic. A real Republican knows the meaning of family values!

Old 12-23-2009, 01:20 PM

5,349 posts, read 10,849,242 times
Quote:
Darn straight. I work for a defense contractor and I'll be at work Christmas Eve and Day because of our deadline.

Plus, as the opposition, those guys should be doing EVERYTHING in their power to stop the Bill, including holding those Dems on the floor until late Christmas Eve, regardless of the oncoming snowstorm, instead of cutting loose to make it home to the family. If you truly believe that the BIll is bad for the welfare of the country, then you will do anything, including sacrificing your time with family and yes....having to stay in DC on Christmas. Boo hoo.

All these guys are liars and theives--Reps and Dems. Ben Nelson (Nebraska) is anti-abortion, unless you slip him 100m. Then suddenly, he isn't, or maybe he still says he is. If you stand by a principle, you can't be bought.

Shameless liars all of them.

Merry Christmas Y'all

Old 12-23-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:

He's not siding with anyone other than his family. Your anger is quite misplaced. This RINO/DINO nonsense is amusing. I can play too. Let's assume McConnell did what you wanted him to do. Here, watch:

RINO Mitch McConnell ignores family in favor of Senate stall tactic. A real Republican knows the meaning of family values!
You can "play" all you want. There is no such policy of "family values" in the Republican party. Maybe the mainstream RINO Bushie anti-gay marriage variety, but not in the paleconservative/classical liberal roots. Hard work and sticking to small government principles are the true values. If you're looking from a mainstream Rep/Dem angle, then I can't help you.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:30 PM

Quote:
You can "play" all you want. There is no such policy of "family values" in the Republican party. Maybe the mainstream RINO Bushie anti-gay marriage variety, but not in the paleconservative/classical liberal roots. Hard work and sticking to small government principles are the true values. If you're looking from a mainstream Rep/Dem angle, then I can't help you.
LMAO! How many boxes you got over there in your little political sorting machine?

I'm looking from a sane angle, so yeah, it doesn't appear that you can help me.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
LMAO! How many boxes you got over there in your little political sorting machine?

I'm looking from a sane angle, so yeah, it doesn't appear that you can help me.
I know you are, but what am I?

Old 12-23-2009, 01:37 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,614,540 times
He gets something in return;

Hot Air Blog Archive McConnell’s takeaways for an earlier Christmas Eve vote

Old 12-23-2009, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Ah, so it's a re-enactment of the Munich Agreement, with McConnell starring as Prime Minister Chamberlain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies