Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 11:37 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
If you ask Cokie Roberts, Hawaii is a "foreign place".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Ifv1nb948

Are you always this HYSTERICAL when you're WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG?!!!!
Obama promise No. 134: PolitiFact | Send two additional brigades to Afghanistan

"As Obama removes our combat brigades from Iraq, he will send at least two additional brigades to Afghanistan, where the Taliban is resurgent. He will also provide our armed forces with the reset capability that they need. He will replace essential equipment, and he will ensure that our men and women in uniform get the care and support they have earned."
For G-d's sake, his campaign website is STILL UP! You can read what he had to say about it directly from the original source!
"Resurgent Al Qaeda in Afghanistan: The decision to invade Iraq diverted resources from the war in Afghanistan, making it harder for us to kill or capture Osama Bin Laden and others involved in the 9/11 attacks. Nearly seven years later, the Taliban has reemerged in southern Afghanistan while Al Qaeda has used the space provided by the Iraq war to regroup, train and plan for another attack on the United States. 2007 was the most violent year in Afghanistan since the invasion in 2001. The scale of our deployments in Iraq continues to set back our ability to finish the fight in Afghanistan, producing unacceptable strategic risks."
Barack Obama never, ever -- not once -- promised to pull troops out of Afghanistan once he was elected. In fact, he said exactly the opposite.

Now go take a Xanax or something and calm the hell down.
Thank you Jill61! You just saved me LOADS of time! People seem to forget what he said about Afghanistan or they just weren't paying attention (or simply couldn't follow along).

I think she needs two Xanax.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 11:47 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
If you ask Cokie Roberts, Hawaii is a "foreign place".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Ifv1nb948
I always had a feeling Cokie Roberts hung to the right, every monday morning when I hear her on NPR.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:58 AM

631 posts, read 719,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
GW Bush owns his ranch in Tx. Same with the Kennebunkport compound. He was not running up 4K nightly stays. He was staying at HIS OWN place. Duh.

How do you know Obama isn't paying for the stay with his own money? He does get paid you know.

Also how do you know its 4k a night? Did I miss a link or something?

Old 12-24-2009, 12:06 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post

She didn't say that. She said, "I know Hawaii is a state but it has the LOOK of going to an exotic place." Look at the video you posted above in #165.
I did look at the video. And she referred to Hawaii, though acknowledging it was a state, as appearing like a "foreign, exotic place." Watch again if you don't believe me.

There's nothing foreign about Hawaii except in the minds of the petty and stupid. It's no more foreign than Myrtle Beach, where she said he ought to be going "for appearances sake". WTH? When did Myrtle Beach become more "American" than Hawaii??? She's a goddamn idiot.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:06 PM

5,476 posts, read 12,245,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It's their money--why do you care how much they spend?

Or, are you claiming he's spending taxpayer money on his vacation? If so, do you have any evidence to support that?
Do you have any evidence that he is NOT spending tax payer dollars?

Old 12-24-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:

The wording in this article would indicate you are wrong. But that should be no surprise.

Obama's Hawaii House Rental: A Look Inside The 'Winter White House' (VIDEO)

"Today the first family will return to the Hawaiian rental house they rented last Christmas"

" and the first family also rented the two house next door for family and friends. "

Old 12-24-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:

Disregard my last post. He's the proof that you are wrong, and also a idiot.

Obamas start vacation with tennis, golf, swimming

You need to signup. I assume you wont so here's a quote from the article.

"The Obamas are paying for their share of the vacation home; taxpayers are picking up the tab for security and White House staff, which is customary for all presidents"

Old 12-24-2009, 02:33 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Yea it's all much ado about nothing...per usual.
I'm actually thinking that as the POTUS he may actually get his accomodations comped. If I can get a free room in Reno he can probably swing one in his home state.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:45 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
If you are aware at all with internet postings, if you make an assertion, you supply a link.
I'm sure you disagree with this because it doesn't suit you, but that's what people do on internet boards.
Stops some people from throwing unfounded garbage out as fact.

Again, not that you'd care.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:31 PM

5,142 posts, read 13,121,123 times
For all we know, its a semi vacation, working on stuff on and off during his time there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies