Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2009, 06:57 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,941,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So what?
They rented it.
Big deal.
Are these people making their money no public trust?
Are the bankers he was speaking of?

Doesn't your jealousy, hatred and pettiness bother you at all?
Is your heart really that shriveled?

Get a life.
Its not jealousy...its the hypocrisy and the attack on capitalism by this administration that I despise...

BTW...I wished u Happy Holidays...and u attack me personally...Boy u liberals are so full of hate...

Whats that old saying" show me a liberal and I'll scratch you out a fascist"....how true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 08:35 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,683,737 times
A mere $35,000 a week rental for just the one house. Then there is the house next door (maybe two houses) that he rented for his friends and relatives. Wonder if his aunt from Boston will be there to enjoy Christmas in the warmth of Hawaii.

Yes, he thinks it's not proper that people at the top in private industry make so much money.

I see a double standard here. Anyone?

Old 12-25-2009, 08:39 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
They didn't say anything about bush who took 187 days leave in his first year as president.
No complaints about him?
He spent time in Crawford, TX. No one was jealous of anyone who spends time in Crawford, TX.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:43 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,941,439 times
Quote:
He spent time in Crawford, TX. No one was jealous of anyone who spends time in Crawford, TX.
The individual in Crawford, TX wasn't attacking capitalism or calling people "greedy fat cats" like this administration..

Old 12-25-2009, 08:55 AM

955 posts, read 2,156,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Do you approve of or resent his luxurious $4K/day vacation digs in Hawaii?

I do not have any problem with the President taking a vacation to where ever he or she wants to go. My problem is with consistency in philosophy. Remember the auto execs who arrived by private plane and the response?

I wonder how the hand picked people attending the jobs summit got there? I know how the people attending Copenhagen got there. It's all about living ones life consistent with ones philosophy.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:58 AM

631 posts, read 719,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Its not jealousy...its the hypocrisy and the attack on capitalism by this administration that I despise...

BTW...I wished u Happy Holidays...and u attack me personally...Boy u liberals are so full of hate...

Whats that old saying" show me a liberal and I'll scratch you out a fascist"....how true

ohh I see how this works now. You loose one arguement, so you shift it to something just as stupid.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:07 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
The individual in Crawford, TX wasn't attacking capitalism or calling people "greedy fat cats" like this administration..
No, he was diverting as many tax dollars as fast as he could to Big Business. He not only supported unregulated out-of-control capitalism, he encourage it. In his hands it capitalism became nothing short of plain theft.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:13 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,862,188 times
Well, I got to agree that his message " We all need to tighten our belts" is not credible when he goes on a luxury vacation at the same time. However, that's no news. We've seen this behavior for decades.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:16 AM

9,317 posts, read 16,651,552 times
Who cares, he's only a figurehead and doesn't do anything for the American people other than bow down to other countries and a puppet for Reid and Pelosi, the King and Queen of the demise of the land of the free.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:57 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,305,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Well, I got to agree that his message " We all need to tighten our belts" is not credible when he goes on a luxury vacation at the same time. However, that's no news. We've seen this behavior for decades.
How do you know the Obama's aren't tightening their belts on this vacation? They'll be there for 10 days. Maybe they would have gone for 14 to 18 days if not for a little "belt tightening." Everything is relative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies