U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 04:18 PM

12,977 posts, read 29,571,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Obama's Christmas Vacation - Appropriate in these Times?
I think for all of us Christians (as is Obama), we dont mind a little vacation during this time of year to celebrate the lord Jesus Christ. You have a problem with him doing that? Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, Carter, Nixon, Ford, etc. all took vacations during the Christmas holidays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 04:19 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,251,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I believe the point is - while many American people are tightening their belts and doing without - the presidential vacation entourage incurs a financial burden on the people who are paying the taxes.

Is that the kind of example we should emulate?
Shaft other people with the bill for our fun and festivities?

Shame on Mr. Obama.
Wrong. Shame on you.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:29 PM

21,044 posts, read 19,519,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
I believe the point is - while many American people are tightening their belts and doing without - the presidential vacation entourage incurs a financial burden on the people who are paying the taxes.

Is that the kind of example we should emulate?
Shaft other people with the bill for our fun and festivities?

Shame on Mr. Obama.
No, he's aiding the economy by spending money....you over-eat because the kids in China are starving????

If you begrudge this then you haven't been paying attention to all the other crap we pay for....like CONVICTED FELON POLITICIANS who have us pay their pensions and salaries.....google it and then quit whining about Obama's doing something they

EARNED.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:35 PM

86,093 posts, read 72,311,213 times
Look, he's got money and he likes to spend it going to ritzy places.
He's a yuppie type of President who would rather go to nice places than the likes of Camp David.

Let him spend money. Why should we care ?

Old 12-23-2009, 04:39 PM

11,456 posts, read 12,696,492 times
Quote:
Do you approve of or resent his luxurious $4K/day vacation digs in Hawaii?
So predictable....

Should we also shut down all high end restaurants and hotels because it may insult somebody who is going through a rough time?

I'd guess if he stayed home the right would also complain that he wasn't doing enough to help the economy. Right?

Old 12-23-2009, 05:17 PM

15,202 posts, read 18,212,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
So predictable....

Should we also shut down all high end restaurants and hotels because it may insult somebody who is going through a rough time?

I'd guess if he stayed home the right would also complain that he wasn't doing enough to help the economy. Right?
I'm constantly (and incorrectly) labeled a "right-winger" on this site, yet not a single "left-winger" has acknowledged either of my posts in this thread.

As you said, SLC, "So predictable..."

We now return you to your regularly scheduled partisan bickering... There will be no further common-sense interruptions.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:18 PM

5,348 posts, read 10,823,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So no citizen of the US should travel because some aren't working?
You cutting your holidays out?
You going to see your friends and family, well just don't.
Tighten your belt.

How absurd.

Bush played golf while major offensives were going on.
Did you whine then
?
Did YOU?

Old 12-23-2009, 05:53 PM

4,149 posts, read 9,305,674 times
I haven't approved of one thing that Obama's done yet, but yeah, it's appropriate. He's spending Christmas with his family. Between AF1 and all the staff that goes with him, he's still able to run a country from somewhere other than the White House.

While I disapprove of his politics (and frankly think he's an idiot), it's apparent that he loves his family and works to be a good father and husband. That should be commended.

Old 12-23-2009, 05:58 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,018,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
What kind of a question is this? Why shouldn't he celebrate with his kids and family?

I thought the right was all for family values. I guess they are as long as it is not a Democratic President, huh?
Hey I just asked a straightforward question, taking no position, either way. Obviously there are opinions on both sides so it's a valid one. Bring it on! You think he deserves it based on how well he's performed so far? Let's hear it. You libs seem to have pretty thin skin from what we've heard so far.

Old 12-23-2009, 06:05 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,251,401 times
Quote:
Hey I just asked a straightforward question, taking no position, either way. Obviously there are opinions on both sides so it's a valid one. Bring it on! You think he deserves it based on how well he's performed so far? Let's hear it. You libs seem to have pretty thin skin from what we've heard so far.
No! You most certainly took a position. Your position is that Obama deserves no vacation and anyone who does not agree is is a liberal who has thin skin.

Face it. Many more disagree with you than agree with you on this. You have your opinion, sure. I have an opinion on your opinion. I think he has performed rather well so yes. He deserves it. Seems like many agree with me on the part that he deserves it. Perhaps not on how he is performing. How he is performing has nothing to do with spending time with family.

Stupid question. Not straight forward in the least. Typical!. I did not expect anything better from someone who posts something like this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies