Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 09:59 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times

Advertisements

I was thinking today about people in need and even if you don't believe in the religious meanings of Christmas, it's a good holiday to think of and help others in need.

Last year, George Obama was living in a sheet metal shack in a slum in Kenya and when last heard from, was still living there in poverty. Let's remember Barack Obama's brother this Christmas and others in need and suffering and maybe what we can do to help them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jEnTSQStGE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 10:16 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,502 times
I love that song, it's my favorite.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:27 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
I thought you were the party of personal responsibility?
ANYthing to blame Obama for something.

Your comments are very christ-like, aren't they.
Do be proud of your hatred, I'm sure your jesus would be.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:32 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Well isn't the President inviting him to Hawaii? He's renting 3 houses for$4k per night each or $12k per night total or $288k for 2 weeks for just the rental and a Christmas tree and a few bags of Tarro chips the landlord threw in as a "welcome" gift. As a taxpayer who is paying for this I think a lot more should be thrown in than a few bags of chips for a rental charge of $288k. I'm sure by the time all is said and done the vacation will have cost us taxpayers in the $Millions. If the Obamas entertain they way they did at Thanksgiving with 50 guests, I'm sure (don't you think?) he'll invite his brother.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:44 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,668,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I thought you were the party of personal responsibility?
ANYthing to blame Obama for something.

Your comments are very christ-like, aren't they.
Do be proud of your hatred, I'm sure your jesus would be.
Hatred, there is far from any hatred in that post. I think Jesus wants us to think of and help those that are suffering out there in the world.

Let's not forget George this Christmas.

Old 12-24-2009, 12:46 PM

900 posts, read 672,665 times
I'm sure he'd appreciate anything you could provide. Maybe you could invite him to your house?

Old 12-24-2009, 12:48 PM

900 posts, read 672,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Well isn't the President inviting him to Hawaii? He's renting 3 houses for$4k per night each or $12k per night total or $288k for 2 weeks for just the rental and a Christmas tree and a few bags of Tarro chips the landlord threw in as a "welcome" gift. As a taxpayer who is paying for this I think a lot more should be thrown in than a few bags of chips for a rental charge of $288k. I'm sure by the time all is said and done the vacation will have cost us taxpayers in the $Millions. If the Obamas entertain they way they did at Thanksgiving with 50 guests, I'm sure (don't you think?) he'll invite his brother.

Links? And please don't post anything from WorldNet Daily or NewsMax or any of those other wacky right wing sources you guys love. Real news sources please.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:48 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Links? And please don't post anything from WorldNet Daily or NewsMax or any of those other wacky right wing sources you guys love. Real news sources please.
No, there won't be any links to support this. Other sources have already been posted that show that Obama pays for his own vacations. It's just the security and such that is afforded to every POTUS that get picked up by the taxpayers, and they would be with him regardless of where he is.

I'm sure we all have friends and family who are in poor financial shape. There is only so much we do for them because it's a bottomless pit. We all know it.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:01 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
I was thinking today about people in need and even if you don't believe in the religious meanings of Christmas, it's a good holiday to think of and help others in need.

Last year, George Obama was living in a sheet metal shack in a slum in Kenya and when last heard from, was still living there in poverty. Let's remember Barack Obama's brother this Christmas and others in need and suffering and maybe what we can do to help them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jEnTSQStGE
Not according to George:

Quote:
a CNN correspondent caught up with George Obama and interviewed him on camera. When asked about the brouhaha about his economic situation, he said that the media reports made him angry, adding:
George Obama: I was brought up well. I live well even now. The magazines, they have exaggerated everything ... There are some challenges, but maybe it is just like where you [the reporter] come from, there are the same challenges.

Justin Bank
http //www.factcheck.org/askfactcheck/is_obamas_brother_really_dirt_poor_in.html
Do us all a favor and stop posting crapola.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies