Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 01:04 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
I just want to say one thing: all y'all nasty.
I disagree. To me, they sound like guys with normal, healthy sex drives.

Our culture is negative enough about sex without calling people "nasty" for having an interest in sex - yes, even with a prostitute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 01:05 AM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
I wish that my Father would have took such a proactive interest in my budding sex life!
Agree with you.

I hear of some real hot female teachers having sex with their HS students, and tell myself, "I wish I would have had one of them teachers when I was a teenager!!"

Old 12-24-2009, 01:07 AM

981 posts, read 806,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I disagree. To me, they sound like guys with normal, healthy sex drives.

Our culture is negative enough about sex without calling people "nasty" for having an interest in sex - yes, even with a prostitute.
Saying they wish they would have been introduced into sex by their own father by having him take them to a prostitute? You don't think that's kind of awkward, especially given the context of this thread?

Old 12-24-2009, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Saying they wish they would have been introduced into sex by their own father by having him take them to a prostitute? You don't think that's kind of awkward, especially given the context of this thread?
No, because what he said was, "I wish my father had taken such a proactive interest in my sex life!" He wasn't necessarily saying that he wished his father had taken him to a prostitute, although even if that occurred, I still wouldn't say it's a bad thing. It wasn't that long ago that it was actually somewhat normal for a father to take his son to a prostitute for sex. Even in the 1950s, this was something that occurred regularly.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:15 AM

Quote:
No, because what he said was, "I wish my father had taken such a proactive interest in my sex life!" He wasn't necessarily saying that he wished his father had taken him to a prostitute, although even if that occurred, I still wouldn't say it's a bad thing. It wasn't that long ago that it was actually somewhat normal for a father to take his son to a prostitute for sex. Even in the 1950s, this was something that occurred regularly.
I think it's pretty clear from that quote what he was implying, and the other quotes corroborated that implication, especially sailordave's.

And, yes, to me that's extremely awkward to have a parent, in this case, a father, take their own child to a prostitute in order to have him initiated into sex. As to its regular occurrence, I don't see how that was acceptable, given the legal ramifications of doing so.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:21 AM

Quote:
I think it's pretty clear from that quote what he was implying, and the other quotes corroborated that implication, especially sailordave's.
But there have now been at least a few guys who have said they wished their fathers had taken such an interest in them. Given what you said, you must believe that all of these guys are "nasty".

Old 12-24-2009, 01:26 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
Quote:

And, yes, to me that's extremely awkward to have a parent, in this case, a father, take their own child to a prostitute in order to have him initiated into sex. As to its regular occurrence, I don't see how that was acceptable, given the legal ramifications of doing so.
Not too long ago there was a prostitution business that was open and was an open secret what went on inside. Every election cycle, they would be raided and, following the election, they'd open for business again. They weren't fully shut down until our town got a new police chief. They never re-opened. You see, at one time the police were actually the security guards for such businesses. They had to be security for such businesses because of the local, state, and national politicians who frequented such businesses. The local police were there to ensure those pillars of the community were not caught up in an embarassing situation. Such things still goes on today in some communities like New Orleans and San Francisco for example.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:28 AM

Quote:
But there have now been at least a few guys who have said they wished their fathers had taken such an interest in them. Given what you said, you must believe that all of these guys are "nasty".
My "nasty" comment was kind of tongue-in-cheek. It's hard to communicate humor with text on a screen. I should've used an emoticon.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Not too long ago there was a prostitution business that was open and was an open secret what went on inside. Every election cycle, they would be raided and, following the election, they'd open for business again. They weren't fully shut down until our town got a new police chief. They never re-opened. You see, at one time the police were actually the security guards for such businesses. They had to be security for such businesses because of the local, state, and national politicians who frequented such businesses. The local police were there to ensure those pillars of the community were not caught up in an embarassing situation. Such things still goes on today in some communities like New Orleans and San Francisco for example.
Yes, I don't doubt that. There have been several prominent stories about madams releasing the names of their clients and what not. There's frequently a political or culturally significant figure involved.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:33 AM

Quote:
My "nasty" comment was kind of tongue-in-cheek. It's hard to communicate humor with text on a screen. I should've used an emoticon.
Ah, okay. It's easy to assume that someone is being serious when they use the word "nasty" in a reference to something sexual. You know how so many people are squeamish about anything having to do with sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies