U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2009, 02:51 PM

30,194 posts, read 16,560,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Remember this?
Obama to Order Gitmo Shut Down - ABC News

President Barack Obama will sign three executive orders Thursday, to close the detainee camp at the Guantanamo Bay military facility within a year and to establish new rules and guidelines on interrogation methods and the treatment of detainees, sources who have seen a draft of the orders tell ABC News.

January 21st is coming up awfully soon and now they have plans to not close it for YEARS..

Another example of a president who talks, and does, and then gets facts..
We really shouldn't close it. We own it. It's secure, and there is simply no reason to move those people to our shores. Very risky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 02:52 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,770,498 times
The real key is that a third party COULD be more than a "spoiler". The problem is that America in general is filled with a bunch of dumba--es who MUST voted Repub or Demo.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:53 PM

41,314 posts, read 39,491,899 times
Quote:
And for the healthcare measure, it doesn't bother me because I already have coverage. The problem is that he LIED.
It should bother you...you will be helping to pay for it.

Quote:
The biggest problem is that McCain would have been the same way.
False. McCain wanted to freeze spending, not go hog wild like obama has done.

Quote:
I will be voting third party next time. I am sick of the lies, lies and more lies. I just can't believe I let myself buy into the Obama hype.
Next time, actually listen to what a candidate is saying and don't get hypnotized by the rhetoric, platitudes and cliches.

And then look at the record....if you would have done that with a critical eye, there is NO WAY you could have voted for this fraud.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:57 PM

631 posts, read 629,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Remember this?
Obama to Order Gitmo Shut Down - ABC News

President Barack Obama will sign three executive orders Thursday, to close the detainee camp at the Guantanamo Bay military facility within a year and to establish new rules and guidelines on interrogation methods and the treatment of detainees, sources who have seen a draft of the orders tell ABC News.

January 21st is coming up awfully soon and now they have plans to not close it for YEARS..

Another example of a president who talks, and does, and then gets facts..

So he lied? Or maybe he was to ambitious? I'll go with B. Since they still plan on closing Guantanamo down.

This site seems to agree with me too. Not a broken promise

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ention-center/

Last edited by mikeym81; 12-24-2009 at 03:03 PM.. Reason: adding a link

Old 12-24-2009, 02:58 PM

1,530 posts, read 1,335,806 times
I did look with a critical eye--I didn't vote for the man with a shady past. No stars in my eyes!!

Old 12-24-2009, 02:59 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,442,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscottscotto View Post
We who voted for Obama knew (at least I hope) that the whole "no tax increase under $250k" line was aimed at income taxes. It was a sly move to try to get any of the (in my opinion, dumb) "all taxes are evil" crowd to lay off. Of course other taxes would be have to be raised. To imput progressive govenment programs, taxes have to be raised in some form or fashion. I'd say that 95% of us who voted Obama knew this and are completely okay with it. Sorry if anyone was duped into thinking he meant "No new taxes" like the elder Bush meant. Obama ceratinly did not mean "No new taxes". He meant "No income tax increases on those making under this amont per year".

if you are happy with your vote, yippee for you
I am happy with my vote for Mccain, I can rest some what easy that I at least voted for who I felt would be good for the country and not some hack like Obama clearly is
what Obama ran on was NO TAXES NONE< NOT ONE DIME
but the taxes is not what was important to me, it is what is best for all of us
Obama ran on CHANGE WE CAN BELIEVE IN
horse crap
he was going to CHANGE WASHINGTON
horse crap
he ran on being TRASPARENT
horse crap
he has hired on some of the worst scumbs in Washington
I have seen a lot of presidents in my day, the first one I voted for was
McGovern, I have always voted for the democrats
but this party is so slimy and rotten and Obama is the worst I have seen
to date, and he is just warming up

Old 12-24-2009, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
Great expectation often times leads to great disappointment.

I can't say that I'm too disappointed, because over the years I've come to expect this sort of thing from our Congress and it's Presidents.

and shame on all of us for putting up with the bull crap for so long
we are all to blame

Old 12-24-2009, 03:03 PM

900 posts, read 540,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I have lost ALL faith in our government. Why can't there be a LEGIT third party? Oh!!! I know why. Because they will be squashed like a bug if they TRY to get power.
Because third parties are as useless as **** on a boar. They take up valuable space and oxygen. Nobody gives a rip, because they're almost always far the Right or far to the Left.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:05 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,770,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I have always voted for the democrats
but this party is so slimy and rotten...
That is a major problem with this country. The two parties will kill off this country.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Nobody I know who voted for him is sorry because they didn't have a realistic alternative. Everyone knows this. If you are a republican or other party who want's Obama out of the White House you have nobody to blame but your own political party.
no, I voted for the one that would have been a great president
don't slide me into your twisted mix
Mccain would have done great
I am a democrat and I know plenty of democrats that voted for MCCAIN as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies