Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 03:58 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Fact Check, what a joke. It's a left wing liberal site that spins facts or makes them up all together.
Yea, that Walter Annenberg, such a liberal!!!!! What were Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan thinking???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 04:08 PM

900 posts, read 672,846 times
Nice job, Sarge! The right wing response to the OP was as predictable as sunrise and you and others did an excellent job of demolishing these silly knee-jerk positions.

William Ayers, the 'left-wing' Annenbergs. My God!

These people really are clueless, aren't they?

Old 12-25-2009, 04:15 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,316,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
Nice job, Sarge! The right wing response to the OP was as predictable as sunrise and you and others did an excellent job of demolishing these silly knee-jerk positions.

William Ayers, the 'left-wing' Annenbergs. My God!

These people really are clueless, aren't they?
I guess you didn't read the thread and just jumped on the partisan train.

Yeah, way to go!

Old 12-25-2009, 04:23 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
I'm sure there's a point here related to fact check. I don't see it. Wanna help?

Yes, of course I can provide that for you. The above list is a short list of Obama's lies.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:58 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Yes, of course I can provide that for you. The above list is a short list of Obama's lies.
Did you happen to check if these "lies" are mentioned in any fact check articles? Did you happen to notice or grasp the sheer volume of pure fabrications from the republicans as opposed to "lies"?

I have noticed your list of "lies" don't seem to point to anything supporting the "lies". Just assert, assert, assert. Somebody remind me, where have I seen that before?

Old 12-25-2009, 06:50 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,183,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
1. Intentions (like to close Gitmo) which are not fulfilled are not lies.

2. All this stuff about Annenberg is ad hominem. Can folks deal with the fact that many GOP statements have been found to be knowingly false?

Old 12-26-2009, 08:30 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,660,332 times
Quote:
Did you happen to check if these "lies" are mentioned in any fact check articles? Did you happen to notice or grasp the sheer volume of pure fabrications from the republicans as opposed to "lies"?

I have noticed your list of "lies" don't seem to point to anything supporting the "lies". Just assert, assert, assert. Somebody remind me, where have I seen that before?

Look at my list. I think that those are "whoppers". He IS the president, not George Bush.

Intentions??!! Is that we are down to now? I had intended to go to church Christmas Eve, but it was snowing and I was tired, so I blew it off. Am I square because I thougth about it? It is interesting how the dems try to justify Obama's failures, just like "saved jobs".

Here is the list again. He is your guy, not mine, but I would be a little embarrassed. Bush is looking great in comparison. Hell, Carter looks good in comparison.

1. Man made global warming is real

2. Gitmo will close at the end of 2009

3. No taxes will be increased on people making less than $250K

4. The Senate and House health bill will not add one dollar to the deficit

5. The "stimulus" will see a drop in unemployment and jobs gains in 6 months

6. The senate health care plan will pay for itself by cuts in medicare, but there will be no cuts in medicare and health for seniors will improve as a result

7. Most physicians support a national healthcare system ( only 60% of AMA members, who are only 20% of physicians and the most liberal, support national healthcare).

8. NAFTA will be re-evaluated and re-negotiated.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:35 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
I am already aware of the so-called "connection". I just think the whole thing is a bit of a stretch.
You think its a bit of a stretch that people who sever on boards together, and have dinner with each other would know one another?
Quote:
DING DING We have a Winner!!
But yet a picture showing someone shaking hands, you have no problem assuming they know one another..

I mean really.. Do you ever stop and think before you post about how ridiculous these claims make you appear?

Old 12-26-2009, 09:16 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times
Quote:
Sarah Palin acts like a politician therefore is fair game.

Got sum links to the "billion$"?

Got sum links to '"hands off"' "liberal policy"?

Oh yes, links to facts, not commentary, if you please.

Got any more clueless questions for me????

Old 12-26-2009, 09:38 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,859,942 times
Quote:
Factcheck is about checking the media and politicians. What is there to fact check about the email scandel? We know emails where stolen and some scientists hid data. Why would fact check put this on the list?
You know, of course, that you're just gonna confuse them by talking sense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies