U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2009, 01:40 AM

3,133 posts, read 8,319,227 times

Advertisements

The ticket out of all this is to disassociate ourselves from either party and quit blaming the Dems or Reps as its the fault of both parties that got us here.

Some people say they chose to vote for the lesser of two evils. They are still voting for evil. The right to vote should require more qualifications than just being aged 21.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 01:56 AM

24,639 posts, read 24,765,932 times
Irresponsible behavior?
Bush: He tried to kill my daddy.

Result:
Over 100k Iraqi's dead;
Over 4k US servicemen dead;
Over 30k US servicemen wounded (many with traumatic brain injury);
$1,000,000,000,000 debt over that bs fiasco.
Let's not forget the mourning families also resulting from his irresponsible behavior.

Irresponsible?
No matter what Obama does, it won't be this irresponsible.

Notice how no Bush or Cheney or neocon family members went to war.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:11 AM

2,024 posts, read 4,596,051 times
The United States will collapse. This is a bad situation but what else can you do? Time to let the country collapse which is going to happen and who knows what to do then.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
The United States will collapse. This is a bad situation but what else can you do? Time to let the country collapse which is going to happen and who knows what to do then.
Holey moley, man.
Get a grip.
The sky is not falling.
The US will change, it must to continue.
Why do you fear change?
It's inevitable.

Turn off your radio and tv for a while and get some perspective.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Holey moley, man.
Get a grip.
The sky is not falling.
The US will change, it must to continue.
Why do you fear change?
It's inevitable.

Turn off your radio and tv for a while and get some perspective.
I don't think you understand the size and scope of the problems facing this country. This country is without a doubt in decline. The exponential growth in population, energy consuption, and the monetary system are all connected and completely unsustainable therefore in my opinion this country will collapse within 20 years. The current president just like the last president is just a puppet for his wealthy banker masters and will not save us and they are more interested in implempenting a global goverment which will mean for you enslavement to them. Time for you to wake up.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:55 AM

Quote:
I don't think you understand the size and scope of the problems facing this country. This country is without a doubt in decline. The exponential growth in population, energy consuption, and the monetary system are all connected and completely unsustainable therefore in my opinion this country will collapse within 20 years. The current president just like the last president is just a puppet for his wealthy banker masters and will not save us and they are more interested in implempenting a global goverment which will mean for you enslavement to them. Time for you to wake up.
I well understand, but you apparently don't understand that it didn't start on 20 Jan 2009.
Might want to research some history, it didn't start in the past few presidents.
It started decades ago, perhaps centuries.

This is nothing new.

The rest, as you say, is simply your opinion.

Old 12-25-2009, 03:11 AM

Quote:
I well understand, but you apparently don't understand that it didn't start on 20 Jan 2009.
It started when Ronald Reagan began his term and the baby boomers entered their peak earning years if not before that. Like I said Bush or Obama or Clinton it dosen't matter we still got stuck with Greenspan and Bernanke and disastrous asset bubble based economic policies. You need to wake up to the phony left right paradigm there is no difference. The useless wars still continue and the wealthy wallstreet bailouts continue. These people will destroy this country.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:47 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,569,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
As you may know, the FISA Act is a Patriot Act modernization act/amendment. Here's what we've lost:

Our 4th Amendment rights. (The Patriot Act allows warrantless search an seizures.) We've lost Judicial Oversight and checks and balances. Even if a court finds in favor of a citizen, the government can ignore the decision and continue spying, or otherwise pursuing the innocent American.

Why the FISA Amendments Act is Unconstitutional | American Civil Liberties Union

This link it the best overview to answer your first question. It is an 8 page printable PDF. http://www.prisonplanet.com/Pages/BOR_under_attack.pdf
Every American should have a copy to remind themselves of how their rights are eroding away and Obama wants to not repeal the act but strengthen and renew it.

The answer to the second question is although no war was ever declared by either side or Congress, we responded to an attack by a handful of wacko terrorists by sending thousands of troops over to Afghanistan to hunt down Bin Laden.
So we should have done nothing? Called it a crime, and gone about our business?
Quote:
War has never been declared but yet we've been over there for 8 years lost thousands of troops and what have we got to show for it?
What we have to show for it is that they didn't carry out further attacks, some of which may have been even more disastrous. We know of at least one attack that was planned for L.A. that was thwarted.

Also the world is finally rid of Saddam Hussein, who was probably one of the most evil people in the history of the world.

Quote:
We should have thrown in the towel after 6 months or sooner when we weren't successful in capturing him.
Do you think that was the only goal? To capture Bin Laden? That's it? Are you so naive as to believe that would have ended terrorism, and terrorist attacks on our soil?

Amazing.

Had we surrendered after 6 months (or sooner) I think it's save to say that we would have been perceived as being weak, unwilling to fight, and I feel certain we would have had to deal with them again, only perhaps under far more difficult circumstances, and most likely the loss of even more civilian American lives, even perhaps the destruction of an entire city. These people mean to destroy the United States, and all of Western civilization.

Had we shown such weakness, you could "kiss it goodbye, baby!"

It's unfortunate that the current so-called Commander-in-Chief, is weak, has shown that he is weak, and they know he's weak.

Quote:
All we've done instead by our actions and by our example, have made the rest of the world hate us even more.
You put too much stock in what the left tells you. The rest of the world does not hate us. That is a lie.

Did you happen to hear Nicholas Sarkozy's address to a joint session of Congress. He praised the U.S., and made it very clear how the world felt about us, and thanked us for saving Europe.

Quote:
WE aren't getting any closer to out goal yet we are still wasting time, lives and taxpayers money having troops over there.
The goal, according to you, of capturing Bin Laden. Well, Clinton turned down an opportunity to take him.

There is a larger picture, which you fail to see, but that is so typical of the left.

Right now, we are losing the war because Obama is to slow to respond to his commanders. Then when he does respond (after 4 months), he doesn't give them what they asked for.

Quote:
With Iraq the whole pre-emptive attack excuse was rediculous. The threat of weapons of mass destruction was such a reach.

And now with the economy the way it is there is no reasonable justification to spend any more money or waste any more lives over there. We have MUCH more important priorities -- like forcing our government to work like the Founding Fathers intended-- not like the current crooks in office are operating it.
Now that I can agree with! Thank you!

However, I will add that "to provide for the common defense" (from the Constitution) is the primary purpose of government. I assume you have read it.
Quote:
We need to not let our government use any more fear tactics to get us to give them one more iota of additional control over our lives. We have our work cut out for us. GET some HONEST people in the Federal Government(not more greedy Democrat or Republican politicians); dismantle half or more of the Federal Government itself and turn this country back into what the Founding Fathers intended for it to be.
I couldn't agree more. But since you cited the ACLU above, I have to ask, where are they now, fighting against this so-called "health care" bill? They are silent.

Old 12-25-2009, 06:48 AM

Quote:
It started when Ronald Reagan began his term and the baby boomers entered their peak earning years if not before that. Like I said Bush or Obama or Clinton it dosen't matter we still got stuck with Greenspan and Bernanke and disastrous asset bubble based economic policies. You need to wake up to the phony left right paradigm there is no difference. The useless wars still continue and the wealthy wallstreet bailouts continue. These people will destroy this country.
Go back and read your posts.
That's not what you wrote, nice backpedaling, though.

Last edited by chielgirl; 12-25-2009 at 07:42 AM..

Old 12-25-2009, 06:55 AM

9,038 posts, read 14,285,241 times
Quote:
Irresponsible behavior?
Bush: He tried to kill my daddy.

Result:
Over 100k Iraqi's dead;
Over 4k US servicemen dead;
Over 30k US servicemen wounded (many with traumatic brain injury);
$1,000,000,000,000 debt over that bs fiasco.
Let's not forget the mourning families also resulting from his irresponsible behavior.

Irresponsible?
No matter what Obama does, it won't be this irresponsible.

Notice how no Bush or Cheney or neocon family members went to war.
How about if he sends 30,000 more troops to the Middle East and 5k of those die and 100k more Afghanis die?

All of his decisions that require spending the taxpayers money so far have been irresponsible in my opinion.

You could certainly argue that Obama's actions are MORE irresponsible considering he is just REPEATING the same things you hate (and we all should) that Bush did in addition to making MORE mistakes by spending more of the taxpayers money that we don't have on programs we can't afford. The point is that NEITHER Republicans or Democrats will EVER be good for the American people as long as the candidates continue to be pre-selected by the New World Order.

If Obama wanted to do what he promised during his campaign, he probably can't because he is beholden to the powers that be in the New World Order. Doing anything other than figuring out ways to separate Americans from their means is contrary to the agenda of the NWO elites. As soon as people realize this and start voting accordingly, we can have our country back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies