Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 10:30 PM

7,786 posts, read 8,024,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Yes we are all terrified of a lady who lost the election and then quit her job. Do you people really believe the unmitigated horse crap you write? Get a clue.
yes she is smarter than any dem and you know it or you wouldnt even bother to post unless your stupid
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 10:32 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

At least we will all know the lady when the next election rolls around and so many didn't have any idea who Obama was when he began campaigning in 2007.
That's your fault and nobody elses. You had plenty of time, all you needed to do was READ and listen to what he said. Instead you remained willfully ignorant and chose to believe liar blogs and email forwards.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:34 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
I will hazard a guess that you haven't yet been able to see that the things she said and did during the campaign were controlled by the people from the McCain campaign. They wouldn't even let her do some things that even Obama would have called smart. Now she talks from the mind of Sarah Palin with her own mouth. Sincerely, I believe that if you listened to her today you would be amazed at the difference. I surely was.
I saw her book interviews with Hannity, Beck, Rush and Oprah. My opinion hasn't changed about her superficiality and lack of real intellect. But I will say that Oprah was able to bring out a side of Palin that humanized her and soften her image a little.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:36 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Palin's problem is that she wants to be able to attack others and retain her "victim" status as the same time. It will never work that way for her or anybody else. You either play ball or you do not. Sorry....no dice.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:10 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
yes she is smarter than any dem and you know it or you wouldnt even bother to post unless your stupid
Perhaps you should learn the difference between your and you're before commenting about someone else's relative intelligence

Old 12-25-2009, 01:19 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Hooray, this week's "why the left hate Palin; poor Palin" thread by Roy.

Thanks, Roy, but where are your family values?
Don't you have kids and a wife that might like your attention, today, of all days, on xmas?

It's the family values party who spends no time with family but lots with the internet.

Old 12-25-2009, 02:26 AM

34 posts, read 84,548 times
What exactly is the purpose of defending this woman?

Obama should be a one-term president. But if the Republicans, in a masterstroke of retardism, give the nomination to Palin in 2012, then we all ought to just congratulate Obama on surviving for another term despite a disastrous record, and bend over for more "stimulus."

This article shows Palin's supporters are living in a fantasy world:

"Palin was described as being ignorant on issues, but what specific issues and what she was ignorant about were never mentioned. Being a former mayor and a current Governor of Alaska during the campaign, she possessed the knowledge of international issues as could only be expected of one in her position, which would be true of any other governor who has run for president."

First of all, there's no shortage of readily-available evidence of her demonstrated stupidity. If this guy's writing opinion pieces for ****ty little Canadian right-wing websites, then he certainly has access to Youtube and Google, which means sterling examples of Palin's ignorance are at most two or three clicks away.

Second, Palin can certainly live in a cave and remain ignorant to what goes on outside Alaska if she wants to, but then she cannot be surprised when she runs for vice president and media types ask her questions about things she'd have to deal with if she actually got the job.

Being a governor isn't an excuse for being ignorant. There are plenty of folks whose day jobs have nothing to do with politics, and yet they're far-better informed about those issues than she is.

And I don't buy the notion that a figure like Palin "rallies the base." Republicans could rally the base with another presidential nominee, as long as that person isn't a soul-less automaton.

We're a country of 300 million people. Surely we can come up with a better candidate than Sarah Palin.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:25 AM

299 posts, read 635,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
We're not talking gaffes here, we're talking bodies of knowledge and lifetimes of intellectual pursuits.

Palin lacks all manner of intellectual curiosity. It's not a matter of she can't, it's a matter of she's just not interested. She doesn't know enough to appreciate the fact that she simply does not know enough - very scary, indeed.

Her friends in Alaska have even admitted to her lack of interest in anything that does not directly affect her. She quit her appointed position because she was "bored" with the drive back and forth and also needed to learn more about gas & oil in Alaska. She didn't want to learn, so she quit. She wanted to make money writing a book about her life yet what it really turned out to be was nothing but complaints about the campaign, how she was allegedly treated, not "allowed" to do what she wanted, etc. And some of you think she's qualified for elected office when she couldn't stand up for herself?

Take an open minded look at one thing that should bother anyone with a conscience. She is STILL begging for money to pay off her legal debts, yet she received a multimillion dollar advance for her book, bought a $200k plot of land next to her home plus the house next to the lot on the opposite side WHILE SHE WAS STILL IN OFFICE. I think she knew that advance was coming yet she still wants all those "real" Americans who she acknowledges as hurting due to the economy to help her pay her legal debt! One of her fans responded to her twitters about how she was feeding her family less to help pay off Palin's debt.

Am I afraid of her running for office? Not at all, as the majority of Americans are intelligent enough to see she is NOT qualified to hold an elected position again after her resigning, let alone be President.

This is not an Obama vs Palin debate. It's about common sense vs. the idea of Palin being elected. You're barking up the wrong tree if you think that intelligent people are afraid of her. What they find reprehensible is how she hides behind her Twits and Facebook rather than facing the national press corp! She's never appeared before the national press. In fact, she bans them from her speeches and book signings. What is it Palin is afraid of is what you should be asking!

Old 12-25-2009, 06:15 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
I will hazard a guess that you haven't yet been able to see that the things she said and did during the campaign were controlled by the people from the McCain campaign. They wouldn't even let her do some things that even Obama would have called smart. Now she talks from the mind of Sarah Palin with her own mouth. Sincerely, I believe that if you listened to her today you would be amazed at the difference. I surely was.
Good or Bad???

Old 12-25-2009, 06:34 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
I saw her book interviews with Hannity, Beck, Rush and Oprah. My opinion hasn't changed about her superficiality and lack of real intellect. But I will say that Oprah was able to bring out a side of Palin that humanized her and soften her image a little.
I caught a replay of the start of that interview and Palin right out of the gate slapped Oprah with an insult...not smart, then she did the calculated humble (it was my fault boo hoo) ACT with the intent to soften her image.....not for one minute will Palin convince me she has a drop of humility...it's as lacking as brain cells.

It was a back handed : "It was my fault for letting McCain's people tell me to say all the wrong things"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies