U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2009, 08:52 PM

15,062 posts, read 19,621,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Didn't see any stories about it. If not, how long since a President didn't attend Christmas services?
Troll

Obama is muslim = close this thread
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2009, 08:54 PM

14,131 posts, read 27,013,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post

Obama is muslim
So what if he were. Would that be a problem?

Old 12-25-2009, 08:55 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,262,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Most presidents didn't have FAUX News trying to dig up dirt on their preachers just to smear them....

Nothing 'faux' about Wright -- but there was a lot foul about him and his views.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:55 PM

3,983 posts, read 3,367,919 times
I knew quite a few 35 to 45 that wouldn't vote for either one.

Change is fine, but my experience was such that said youngsters, 18 to 25 wanted the change but weren't interested in doing anything short of playing Xbox to achieve it.

McCain was a ruse, and I firmly believe that Palin lost him the rest of his already very thin chance at winning.

Obama, on the otherhand, wasn't much better .. His message was much to redundant and vague to be taken very seriously at all.

Exit polls mean squat .. in that they can be taken to mean anything anyone with and agenda wants them to mean .. and, they are usually taken from the smallest measure of people, voting only in selected districts .. exit polss are an epic fail for any side that tries to use them after the fact.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:59 PM

8,293 posts, read 23,100,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigskydude View Post
I knew quite a few 35 to 45 that wouldn't vote for either one.

Change is fine, but my experience was such that said youngsters, 18 to 25 wanted the change but weren't interested in doing anything short of playing Xbox to achieve it.

McCain was a ruse, and I firmly believe that Palin lost him the rest of his already very thin chance at winning.

Obama, on the otherhand, wasn't much better .. His message was much to redundant and vague to be taken very seriously at all.

Exit polls mean squat .. in that they can be taken to mean anything anyone with and agenda wants them to mean .. and, they are usually taken from the smallest measure of people, voting only in selected districts .. exit polss are an epic fail for any side that tries to use them after the fact.
I agree that Palin might have lost McCain the election. I think Romney would actually have been a much better choice.

On the other hand, the Obama Train was rolling full-speed, and I'm not sure anybody - under any circumstances - was going to beat him.

Old 12-25-2009, 08:59 PM

8,743 posts, read 10,245,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever Adrift View Post
Fair enough, just wanted to let you know where I stand on this given that we seem to be arguing in support of the same things and are, apparently, ideologically quite similar. I just really don't like such rhetoric in serious debates, always seems counterproductive to me. I think we should try and be above it. However, I still am glad that we agree on most everything else!
You think that if Obama went to Church or not is a serious debate?

It is evident the OP has no intention of a serious debate here. Just to make Obama look bad as always despite the fact Reagan did not go to Church.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:00 PM

I'd put money on Romney.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
It is evident the OP has no intention of a serious debate here. Just to make Obama look bad
I think he's doing a good job of that all by himself.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:03 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,262,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
I'd put money on Romney.
Yet the GOP didn't run him. I think that either they wanted to 'save' him for a race that was winnable, or more likely the fact that he is mormon turned into a problem with the fundementalists in the party. Anywhichway - I don't think the gop really thought Mccain was capable of winning.

Old 12-25-2009, 09:03 PM

3,983 posts, read 3,367,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I agree that Palin might have lost McCain the election. I think Romney would actually have been a much better choice.

On the other hand, the Obama Train was rolling full-speed, and I'm not sure anybody - under any circumstances - was going to beat him.
I agree ..

If the GOP would have made the right decision in the first place, instead of feeling sorry for the centerist "old" McCain, I think Romney could have given Obama a good run for his money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies