U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2009, 07:29 AM

14,131 posts, read 27,077,317 times

Advertisements

Wasn't me. I prefer to remain on the field of battle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2009, 07:45 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,816,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
I agree 96%.
(Did you have to call them 'retarded'? Cmon...you can do better. No point in slamming the less fortunate. Your post otherwise rocked!)
Gotta agree on the "retarded" comment. Not cool.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
nor answered why regan can get away with stuff obama can't
Because most Americans really liked Reagan as a person and associated him with strong, patriotic, Christian values. I'm not getting that feeling with Obama. People don't reallly like him as a person in the same way. This will become more apparent over time.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Status: "Elect a clown? Expect a circus!" (set 25 days ago)

58,166 posts, read 40,957,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
Because most Americans really liked Reagan as a person and associated him with strong, patriotic, Christian values. I'm not getting that feeling with Obama. People don't reallly like him as a person in the same way. This will become more apparent over time.

Do you also get the 'feeling' John Wayne was a war hero? And please do explain how arming an enemy is patriotic and shows Christian values? The right still selling 'justifiable treason' or 'convenient amnesia' as a valid excuse?

Old 12-26-2009, 08:00 AM

4,059 posts, read 3,888,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do you also get the 'feeling' John Wayne was a war hero? And please do explain how arming an enemy is patriotic and shows Christian values? The right still selling 'justifiable treason' or 'convenient amnesia' as a valid excuse?
Reagan was an actor. He played the roll of patriotic Christian American very well. He delivered his lines well. People bought it.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:09 AM

21,044 posts, read 19,553,037 times
Quote:

Ya, "strong, patriotic, Christian " values have sure turned this into a great country....:rolleyes :

Just look around you...everyone with a job, working hard , retiring safely after years of doing their job...no wars...fair return on investing in health insurance companies....honest christians in banking, Wall Street , lending... ....etc.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Ya, "strong, patriotic, Christian " values have sure turned this into a great country....:rolleyes :.
So you don't consider The U.S. a great country?

Old 12-26-2009, 08:25 AM

86,981 posts, read 102,540,351 times
Quote:
Reagan could get away with things that Obama cannot.
I believe it was Newsweek that called him the "Teflon" president>.

Quote:
LBJ was run out of office during a pretty good economy. It's not a determinant on the upside, only on the downside. The wars are going to be no help to Obama. He'll get no credit for Iraq and is likely to get clobbered by Afghanistan.
LBJ got run out because of Viet Nam.

Quote:
Am I? Read it a little closer. All it said was Reagan did not go out for services. Didn't say they weren't conducted at the White House. Deny all you want, but symbolism in politics is still very important. Many liberals just don't get that.
That is called mental gymnastics. Perfect 10 for you, Mary Lou!

Perhaps Obama had some pastor come in and conduct services at his house, too.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:25 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,336,810 times
Default Did Obama Go to Church Today?

I hope not.

Old 12-26-2009, 08:27 AM

86,981 posts, read 102,540,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Reagan was an actor. He played the roll of patriotic Christian American very well. He delivered his lines well. People bought it.
I wish I could rep you again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies