Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2009, 05:33 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,187,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamky View Post
I don`t think so,
Read the entire sentence, I don't think you're getting it.

Quote:
because RP does not make it a topic. He even did not like being asked this question.
RP is more known for his stance on totally different topics.
Also, someone that shares a highly edited video, should not make assumptions whether someone else is well informed or not.
If you share a video or an interview, show the whole thing, otherwise, it can be biased.
I stated in my posted that it was chopped when I posted the video. Let me state this again, I stated in my posted that it was chopped when I posted the video. I grabbed the first available vid, because you were too lazy to google it for yourself. And now you're complaining that you didn't get a non-chopped version? Typical lol. You then posted the complete transcript, which doesn't change a thing.

You did not research him well. That's on you. Deal. And while many people may be ignorant, you're the pot calling the kettle black. I think that's fitting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2009, 05:33 AM

2,735 posts, read 2,463,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
What is it that you think Americans should know about the rest of the world? Just know it exists or know every thing about it? Are you talking politics, history...what?
If your own country plans a war, which affects million of people, yes I strongly recommend that people get some information.
About the country they want to attack, the reasons why its being attacked and so.
If you vote for a president that want to start a war, or has started a war, you have to get familiar with the circumstances.

Why do you think people are angry that your country started a war without even having a legitimate reason?

So to answer your question: If your actions affect the lives of people outside of the US, then you at least should know what your government is doing.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Europe can't clean up their own back yard without our help.
You missed the topic of this thread, but anyways, your president only a few weeks ago asked Germany to send more troops to Afghanistan.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Bosnia?
NATO? Which Europe contributed and contributes very little financially to. But it is they who reap the greatest benefits.
Look I am not saying and have never said the USA is perfect and Europe is all bad. What I am saying is that Europe is a matter of taste. Some like it and some don't. Me? Not a huge fan and I especially disliked France.
Loved Italy and Spain. Liked England too. Detested Greece and Turkey. Really disliked the open sewer known as Egypt. Liked Israel but disliked how they treated the Palestinians as a whole. Brutal is what comes to mind.
Over all I wouldn't go back if I won a free trip. Now Asia? Love it there.
Its all a matter of taste.
Not european, also this thread is not about which country is better, this thread is about something else. Might read the title again.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:43 AM

Quote:

So to answer your question: If your actions affect the lives of people outside of the US, then you at least should know what your government is doing.
I think that's a fair statement. keep in mind 48% of voters did not vote for Bush in 2004. That's almost half. The country was split and pretty much still is.

Old 12-27-2009, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
Read the entire sentence, I don't think you're getting it.

I stated in my posted that it was chopped when I posted the video. Let me state this again, I stated in my posted that it was chopped when I posted the video. I grabbed the first available vid, because you were too lazy to google it for yourself. And now you're complaining that you didn't get a non-chopped version? Typical lol. You then posted the complete transcript, which doesn't change a thing.

You did not research him well. That's on you. Deal. And while many people may be ignorant, you're the pot calling the kettle black. I think that's fitting.

I know you stated the video was chopped, I still would never post an edited video. That was why I looked for the transcript.
Why do people edit something? The original was not that long.

What more can I research on RP than his voting history, his speeches and his interviews? Even if I knew that detail before, I`d still support him.
I have opened a RP thread weeks ago, you can search it.
He is for personal, individual freedom, so following that he must be ok for people to follow their own belief.
When it comes to foreign policy he is the one that makes the most sense.
Check this out, I have posted this several times, and sometimes one sentence can sum up a lot "Al Quaida is growing because of our policy, the national security is threatened because of our policy."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7JPvbVsDdY

Old 12-27-2009, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I think that's a fair statement. keep in mind 48% of voters did not vote for Bush in 2004. That's almost half. The country was split and pretty much still is.
I know, I was rooting for John Kerry. What I wonder is, how would you describe the people that voted for Bush in 2004?

Old 12-27-2009, 06:15 AM

Quote:
I know you stated the video was chopped, I still would never post an edited video. That was why I looked for the transcript.
Why do people edit something? The original was not that long.
Who knows why people edit. I saw the edit when I reviewed the vid and I informed you of it. For all I know the vid just skipped when it was being recorded by accident. I was simply doing you a favor. And no, I wasn't going to spend more than one minute being your google monkey. And I should never have posted it? Give me a break.

Quote:
What more can I research on RP than his voting history, his speeches and his interviews? Even if I knew that detail before, I`d still support him.
That's typical voting favor I see here as well. People like to ignore red flags if views are shared. I don't think every candidate has to be perfect or a wiz at everything. But, why does this particular issue matter to me? To start, the west is completely reliant on science and technology. Our present and future is intimately intertwined with it. I balk at rhetoric lending to ideas of "Oh, the POTUS has advisors for A, B, C. S/he really doesn't need to understand anything". I think that's a dangerous mentality. Interpretations of science/tech get watered down easily through the grape vine. There should be an understanding of the basics and intitially I was excited about Paul due to his background.

Two, I had to ask myself "was he pandering to the religious right?" I don't know, but if so, that is equally concerning. I could not ignore that red flag, not that it matters. Neither him or my second favorite found their way past the primaries.

Quote:
I have opened a RP thread weeks ago, you can search it.
He is for personal, individual freedom, so following that he must be ok for people to follow their own belief.
When it comes to foreign policy he is the one that makes the most sense.
Check this out, I have posted this several times, and sometimes one sentence can sum up a lot "Al Quaida is growing because of our policy, the national security is threatened because of our policy."
I agree with him as best as I understand the situation, which is I admit is a limited understanding. Likewise, you would probably agree with Kucinich, who is on the same page. Kucinich, from what I have been seeing, is a real no-nonsense guy. Any way, this certainly peeved people, right or wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTb3SLa_2VE

Old 12-27-2009, 06:22 AM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,040 times
Quote:
You missed the topic of this thread, but anyways, your president only a few weeks ago asked Germany to send more troops to Afghanistan.
Gemany has a small force in Afghanistan - on the order of about 5000 troops - their presence is more symbolic than anything. The US is now at 68,000, Great Britain at about 9,500...

The US recently asked NATO to increase troop levels - Germany and France have not committed additional troops yet.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Gemany has a small force in Afghanistan - on the order of about 5000 troops - their presence is more symbolic than anything. The US is now at 68,000, Great Britain at about 9,500...

The US recently asked NATO to increase troop levels - Germany and France have not committed additional troops yet.
Its not symbolic when a german soldier dies, or when the german troops are responsible for the killings of innocent people. I hope this war ends pretty soon, because I don`t see the West succeed in that region.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies