U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 07:09 PM

624 posts, read 898,104 times

Advertisements

On the news for the past few days is the foiled bombing of the Amsterdam-Detroit.

Routine Turned to Mayhem on Terror Flight - WSJ.com

Quote:
The passengers were out of their seats in the area where the suspect was located, Mr. Jafri said. As the fire was being controlled a young man subdued the suspect overpowering him with a headlock. Mr. Jafri said the man was in his late 20s, a stocky guy. "This sort of stocky guy tackled him, I think grabbed him around the neck," said Mr. Jafri.
I'm just curious, do you think the passenger who subdued the 'suspect' was a conservative or a liberal?

Old 12-26-2009, 07:18 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,805,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post
On the news for the past few days is the foiled bombing of the Amsterdam-Detroit.

I'm just curious, do you think the passenger who subdued the 'suspect' was a conservative or a liberal?
LOL He HAS to be a conservative. Because as we all know, only conservatives love America and are considered "Real Americans".

Old 12-26-2009, 07:21 PM

12,388 posts, read 11,598,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV View Post

WOW JUST WOW......

Old 12-26-2009, 07:26 PM

283 posts, read 443,625 times
Funny how it took a foreigner to jump and subdue the terrorist. Were there not any Americans on board? We're too busy worrying about being politically correct, and reading miranda rights to terrorists. Hell, a black arab African muslim, has more rights then a red blooded American! Wake up people!

Last edited by REIRehabber; 12-26-2009 at 07:43 PM..

Old 12-26-2009, 07:28 PM

3,227 posts, read 5,751,638 times
Ridiculous thread and opinions.

Personally, I wouldn't mess with a whole lot of 'liberals' in the blue-collared unions. Meanwhile, there are plenty of dainty, conservatives, especially in college. Has anyone here been to University before? If not, please go. There's a lot more to people than these hilarious stereotypes.

I'm personally an extremely athletic, gun-owning, fiscally conservative, socially [extremely] liberal human. =P

Old 12-26-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REIRehabber View Post
Funny how it took a foreigner to jump and subdue the terrorist. Were there not any Americans on board? We're too busy worrying about being politically correct, and reading maranda rights to terrorists. Hell, a black arab African muslim, has more rights then a red blooded American! Wake up people!
I love how you profess to know all about how this thing came down so that it conveniently fits your partisan view. Never mind this was a flight from a foreign country. Imagine that, foreigners on a foreign flight!

By the way, how's the Michelle Obama thread working for you?

Old 12-26-2009, 07:30 PM

283 posts, read 443,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
I love how you profess to know all about how this thing came down so that it conveniently fits your partisan view. Never mind this was a flight from a foreign country. Imagine that, foreigners on a foreign flight!

By the way, how's the Michelle Obama thread working for you?
What partisan view is in my statement? Moderator cut: personal attack

Last edited by katzenfreund; 12-26-2009 at 10:45 PM..

Old 12-26-2009, 07:32 PM

10,844 posts, read 10,510,398 times
I think he is just someone who cares--someone who has a sense of right and wrong.

Why does it matter if he is liberal or conservative? Does it change significance of his actions? And it has nothing to do with masculinity either. A woman can act just as heroically. No need to make this into a testosterone-fest.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:33 PM

Surely you jest Mr. Politically Correct. And you didn't answer about the Obama thread.

Old 12-26-2009, 07:40 PM

638 posts, read 1,023,394 times
A liberal would have stood there and thought about what AMERICA did that would prompt this man to take such actions!!! They would come up with HUNDREDS of reasons as to why this poor, hungry, abused as a child, SOB took such actions!!! The liberal would have then kept a close eye on the OTHER passengers to make sure the "Terrorist" (are we allowed to use that word anymore) was treated correctly and that no undue force was used against him. Remembering Obama's latest decision he then decided to read the poor "Terrorist (Victim)" his Miranda Rights because that is what the libs believe we should be doing with Terrorists. By the way, was the "gentleman" that attempted to blow up that airliner a Christian???? Those damn Christians....I read so many negative things equating radical Christians to radical Islamists........So as the previous poster stated..."Surely you Jest with your question!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies